When it comes to Top-40 influence in its day, KOMA ranks up there and Ive met so many jocks over my career who say KOMA was a big influence on them. FM license. Award which was read but she likes to share these old records with anyone who will listen. Allocation Chart, which neatly depicts the various radio bands They only beat WLS in the ratings once, but that battle was David vs Goliath in signal and cash. WOR is also broadcast on shortwave. About 100 hours of them between 1970 and 1977. Disco Mindy was part of our Disco era, as well as Jim Chambers and Vernon Davis. Parma Radio Club, serving Yes, football on Top 40 worked for them with the excitement of a new team in town. These are all good stations, who deserve their place in history, and our hearts. I love that people actually thought that Wolfman was LIVE on WGR. Enjoyed working together in syndicated 24/7 formats as well. The Even though they had such a large audience with the 50,000watt tower. Great contemporary music doesnt exist today. Not long after you came on board in early 1972, WLS reduced its published chart to a Big 8 + 9 playlist. Just the greatest Radio Station." more 2. How about 50,000 watt CKY in Winnipeg ??? Those top 40 rivals were Ardman's WPHR (107.9) and United's WRQC (92.3). Not just morning drivers, but the whole day. Both lo-fi and hi-fi streams are Mike Gallagher died on Sunday after a year-long battle with cancer. When Gordon McLendon signed on KILT with 5,000 watts down at 610, it should have been endgame, but KNUZ bested KILT for a long time. We should celebrate the greatness. aircheck lists. During that same event KOMA lost power but had a generator I asked Perry how he knew when to cut back to utility power. Just Listen. restorations, with story and photos. Discover radio stations from all over the world and stream live radio now. It put rock and roll on the FM map in Boston and eventually made WRKO/680 the legendary Top 40 rocker in Boston beginning in March of 67. Elvis Presley 's arrival in 1956 as the first rock superstar helped cement the new radio trend. This was a tough assignment because so many great stations had to be left out. Listen on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, Blackberry, and other app-enabled mobile phones. Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the authors opinions and recommendations alone. As does WICC Bridgeport, CT belong on not only my list of the greatest Top 40 stations in the New York suburbs, but also one of THE greatest Top 40 stations, PERIOD. (Re my comment on 5/22/2018 @4:03 PM:) Classic Radio Gallery (Jesus!, to leave out some of the Top 40 stations in any major city and yet mention WABC, WLS, CKLW or even Z-100, your input has gotta the hell motherfuckin suck SHIT!). WRKO were all slices from the Bill Drake pie. Had the joy of being an RKO national sales rep for several of these outstanding radio stations: KHJ, KFRC, CKLW. Jim's Transistor Restorations, a Scott Shannon in his prime. WJET-FM debuted at number one. WQXI was promotionally crazy at times (Rambling Raft Race) and very localized to the market musically. Seattle and Portland had great radio in the Top-40 days. Amen. Ya just cant ignore a station that spawned Jay Thomas, The Greaseman, and Hoyle Dempsey, as well as having a swimming pool where you could dive in OUTSIDE and surface INSIDE in the lobby! Though I grew up and lived my whole life in Philadelphia, for Top 40, my all-time favorite station was WABC. Keep Listening. websites and international broadcasters. With the good guys. You might as well leave Larry Lujack out of your list of WLS jocks, yo! Bam, Wow, Im as proud today as I was back in the day when I enjoyed the honor of programming two of each of your picks! 10 1 128kbps Cleveland TN Internet Radio news talk oldies soft rock 0 9 WTNE Tennessee Country country gospel bluegrass 0 8 Mix 104.1 FM pop top40 sports adult contemporary 0 5 Z107 Cleveland rock pop rap christian alternative 0 4 Freedom Radio FM christian gospel 0 1 The Buzz talk 0 0 Current time in Cleveland Many of these great stations can be heard at Rock Radio Scrapbook Canadas Aircheck Archive celebrating the Golden Age of Top 40 radio since 1996! archive. At these corporations, DJs have no Has propogation reports, common abbreviations, WBZ, WPTR, WRKO, WMEX..in the 60 led the way in our part of NE for those of us just coming in to the business. 9. 4. My God!, you namechecked KJR AND DIDNT THE HELL EVEN MENTION *PAT ODAY*?? Boy what trash we have now. Was Out in the Street by the Shangri-Las really the last record you played on Wins and the last record heard thereon? station lost me. And, ironically, WINS might have carried the Yankees at one point in its history as a Top 40 rock n roll station, but WMGM definitely did so. Terry's Vintage Home Really. about various artists from Rosemary Clooney to Marlene Dietrich; clips The only reason Randy Michaels didnt rightfully list KHJ (which was number one on Lees list) is the fact that his anger towards Ron Jacobs and emotion ever came his logic. The one basic element that the great stations back then were built around was the great music of the time. Do they only have 10 cds that were bequeathed to them in some dead dude's will, say 15 years ago? In the very-early Sixties, thanks in no small part to three fulltime Top 40s in NYC, WADO reintroduced African-American and Italian programming to its daytime schedulethis time, sharing it with Top-40 rock n roll. Wooster. 4 radio stations. (Also on this site is a both. Sorry, I dont mean to monopolize the conversation, but another old Philly station/format warrants mention: An all-Progressive Rock format launched by WDAS-FM, Hyskis Underground. A good playlist and entertaining jocks. Chalk up one more who thinks WQXI should have been on the list; the liveliest sounding station in the South, the one that seemed the least canned. When you need something to perk you up on that otherwise dull morning commute or to help you decompress after a long day at the office, turn to music. since, and is still directed by Mr. Conrad. It was nowhere upstate or on the Jersey Shore. A real crew. from his "I Ohio . #16 on one List and no mention on the other? KIMN Inter Mountain Network. The Stansbury Show. WHB710. It will be amazing. It was worth driving 500 miles each way to hear live. Radio Hall of Fame is part I grew up in southern Oklahoma in the 50s and 60s and we didnt know it then but it was radio heaven. With only 250 watts way up at 1450kHz, WTIX debuted with a 50 share. Gary Pfiefer's radio Quixie in Dixie. WGBB Freeport, LI, NY. In fact, the list also left off the early Adult Contemporary stations, period! WOW! Listen to any aircheck from any era of Kaplan ownership Jack Gale, Robert Murphy, Boo Baron, or Jay Thomas. see the Shortwave Storz and McLendon traded PDs, air talent, and promotion ideas. evening "Opera" show. They didnt last long, but they were awesome. Listen to all radio stations from Cleveland via internet radio for free. that launched in 2020 to provide accurate and comprehensive news coverage from a Black perspective. [Apologies if Im forgetting anybody.] reconsider your sources. Even that 50,000 watt blowtorch signal was so strong that it easily penetrated into my bedroomdown in the basement! I know, because I was just cutting my teeth in Toledo radio beginning in 1973. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners. WCFL was occasionally a better station. Getting it down to 20 was tough, unfair, and subjective. And of course this is just my opinion on the greatest talent in the Motor and Glass Cities. By far, #1: WPEN, Philadelphia (1975-76) Wasnt a very large market, but captured Visalia and immediate area in a big way late 60s. I completely agree with KHJ being #1 on the list. But CHUM also did what no other mere Radio Station did. This list is bullit. My point is whatever station you grew up listening to.. U of Ps WXPN also did a good job with that format. live The station was 1000kw days 250 nights but still was credited by many of the major record labels as being great market for breaking new artists and new singles, sorryfirst sentence should read owned the market not on the Market. Thanks for the great work you did there. David Amen to WKIX 850 AM/96.1 FM The Giant of the South with a healthy share of PAMS jingles! THATS! If you have a scanner, you can have fun exploring Cleveland scanner KMPC remained Adult Contemporary (the soft-rock radio formats name by then) until about the turn of the following decade. live call-ins on maintaining and repairing everything from your For me, WLSs personality driven approach was magic. Montereys location was perfect, radio-wise: San Francisco all day, L.A. at night, including Wolfman Jack on The Mighty 1090 XERB. detailed timeline of Cleveland's venerable classical FM station, Whats easy to forget (especially if all the history happened before ones time) is that top 40 stations had strong loyalties akin to ball teams. Cleveland - RadioInsight Cleveland Nielsen Audio PPM Monthly Ratings Cleveland (Market #35) Population: 1,796,900 Black: 358,300 - Hispanic: All ratings are Copyright 2005-2022 The Nielsen Company. CKLW/Windsor-Detroit. I think one of the elements that is missing today is competition, radio wars. this, the call letters were changed to WCLV. Those were glorious days for AM radio with all the on air personalities, jingles and contests. Remember to say you saw it on moderncleveland.com! I worked (twice) at WKDA (am) and I think BOTH MAK and KDA were both great outlets. Suitcase Simpson, Chuck Boo Baron, Eddie Beacon the Swingin Deacon, and others have never sounded better. Most of The CHUM Jocks came up from pretty good Radio Stations in the U.S., including The Big 8. also a long list of Cleveland Radio Dial see also Cleveland Radio History. from 5 am to 9 am on weekdays for comprehensive international and national news. This radio spectrum chart is worth studying. Not mentioned but it should be was WHND and the talents of Richard D haase, Boogie Brian, Jon Ray, Stew Wilkins, et.al. . And not only live (as you also said), but LOCAL! It was an awesome signal, but somehow they couldnt get that hum out of the transmitter. Kids all over the Midwest left their radios on 890, turned them on after school, and waited for darkness. KRFC. across the nation, and memorabilia. Like the stations you name-dropped (call letter-dropped? Sorry, John Records Landecker, but Chicagos WCFL wins this one. As we were next to WIFI on the dial, people were tuning us in by accident and said they liked us better! If it did, then Adult Contemporary was the closest KSFO ever came to being a Top 40 station. The founder and owner, Myron Jones, built the building and wired the studios himself. Eventually WJAX was sold to WTAM's owner, WILLARD STORAGE BATTERY, ensuring WTAM a clear channel at 390 meters. . Cleveland (Market #35) As a latecomer (1976) to the game, but well aware of the history, the key here is knowing and targeting your market, tailoring everything and everyone to it. Additional examples: (New York:) WNBC (later Top 40, back to AC even later), WPIX, WYNY (first as AOR-oriented AC, then as hybrid MOR/Soft AC, then as Mainstream AC), WNSR Soft Rock 105/WMXV Mix 105; Todays 93.1 (simulcast of former BM/EZs WPAT-AM/FM Easy 93 Paterson, NJ); (Philadelphia: ) WIP (which had made a gradual transition from traditional MOR to AC from circa 1969 to the mid-70s if not the latter part of the early 70s [and, ironically, was itself Top 40 from 1960 until the following year, when it flipped to MOR (all MOR radio then was traditional, regardless of whether such stations occasionally played softer rock n roll hits); (CONTINUED) Coverage to the north was lost, and unfortunately, Dallas grew to the north. Click on the radio station name to listen online, Fybush.com Tower site of the week: Cleveland's Parma/Brecksville/Seven Hills Tower Farm (2004), Fybush.com Tower site of the week: Clevelands Seven Hills/Parma antenna farm, revisited (2012), Ohio Media Watch (OMW) - media news from the Northeast Ohio area, Cleveland Classic Media - History and Memories of Cleveland and Northeast Ohio Television and Radio, Fybush.com Tower site of the week: Cleveland's Seven Hills/Parma Tower Farm, revisited (2012), Fybush.com Tower site of the week: From Cleveland to Akron (2015), RadioDiscussions.com - Cleveland Message Board, RadioDiscussions.com - Ohio Message Board, University Heights, John Carroll University, 2201 W 3rd St, Buckeye Dry Dock Terminals. Cleveland," "Bob Hope with Al Jolson," "With Bing Crosby," "No Date It pains me that the list was so short. This beloved Cleveland station has been on the air ever Even though I was over my head, I was well aware I was standing in a historic spot. KNUZ/Houston. Favorite part is the commercial for the Barracuda (or Baccaruda as the Plymouth man said). OR KQV and KDKA in Pittsburgh? Cleveland, Alternative, Classic . Sandy Shore went all the way to Drake LA as Marc Elliot. The most popular radio stations are on top of the list, and you can find something special for yourself by searching by genre or country. The", Search Radio Stations in popular locations. 50000 good watts during the day, but cut back to 10000 at night, pointed at the city and South Jersey. And as for the aforementioned KFI Los Angeles, that also belongs on the list of the greatest Top 40 stations of all time, as it was a Top 40 station from the mid- or late 70s to about the mid-80s. make 'em like they used to," so call in if you've got repair or And if neither WAPE Jacksonville, FL NOR WQXI was the WABC of the South, so many of the larger Southern cities were contenders for that title: including New Orleans (WNOE as well as WTIX), Atlanta again (WPLO, WAKE (with its 1,000-watts daytime/250-watts nighttimeand prior to the early 60s, 250 watts full timesignal! This site is sponsored by acts, including Tony Bennett, Rosemary Clooney, and the discovery of Many stations saved money on jingles by getting names cut during a session or by recycling house names. After MidNite with Granger Smith. (Thats three Drake stations in the top 4.) The best 1-2 punch: Fenway 6-10 am and Ginsburg 8-10 pm M-S. And Blaine Harvey went on to Minneapolis and later Philadelphia broadcasting as Dan Donovan. Through the 1970s and '80s, Cleveland was on the forefront of AOR DXing is searching the dial for and tuning in to and And to THINK Uncle Lar (the late, great Larry Lujack) was on both LS *AND*!! And even without WABCs reach vs. that of WMCA in the equationforget the Yankees and the Dodgers or even Mets of NYC Top 40WABC was the proverbial 800-pound gorilla of NYC Top 40 radio. I was still a AM KFRC fan up until 1983. Dic Youngs, Jim Michaels, Mike Pace. Other stations have been more outrageous, more groundbreaking, or more entertaining, but KIIS is the most influential Top 40 station. They had a New Years count down of the top 100 from the year and I listened to every song for several years. Warrensville Heights, American Tower. another Top 40 station of all time that was left out: WKNR Detroit. In the mid-70s, Knoxville had a three-way AM Top 40 battle between WKGN, WNOX, and WRJZ going, while WOKI was playing the hits, sort of, on FM. Thank you Radio Ink for this amazing trip down memory lane. WMCA outgunned WABC and WINS both with terrific signals. Do your next 20 stations in the comments! They have an Ogg Vorbis Stan the man. for sale. On the other had he sold the station for a then record price. Only later was the format extended to WHB and the other Storz stations in larger markets. Instead I found it to be pretty pathetic. Also, WMGM went MOR/EZ and reverted back to WHN in 62, not 61. You can listen to the Im surprised nobodys talking about CHUM or CFTR and God bless the late Tom Rivers, one of the best jocks ever in Toronto, at the Big 8 Windsor/Detroit, or anywhere! Morgantown? And, while you're visiting their site, you'll also want to A number of battery shops in town carry hard-to-find transistor In 1946 Cleveland was one of the first US cities to have an "experimental" of THE PACIFIC MOTHERFUCKIN NORTHWEST!!! I could hardly go to sleep cause I was so revved up by that great music and Long John Silver. Management. Also thanks for mentioning WROV in Roanoke. Clevelands top news and music on the radio., Hopefully, you found a new favorite station that checks all the boxesand hopefully, you and your car are protected on the road by a car insurance policy that checks all the boxes, too. Plus they had Uncle Larthey could not loseeven with the bad signalthat supermod was flamethrower quality! Contact Thats why the, comparison shopper and broker app has put together a handy guide to AM and FM stations in the Cleveland area., Tune in for the best of the best radio stations in Cleveland!, Your morning commute isnt complete without a weigh-in from a wise morning show host. A tue rocker in its days. And as Im originally from northern New Jersey (and currently living in the central New Jersey burbs of New York City, here are some previous or current Top 40 and AC stations in the New York City suburbs, PERIOD! Entertainment Technology which contains accounts of actual My brother Lacy Neff loved what he did and was very very proud of his station and co workers. Legendary stations like 100.7 WMMS, Newsradio WTAM 1100 AM & 106.9 FM, Majic 105.7, 99.5 WGAR, 106.5 The Lake, 96.5 KISS FM, Real 106.1, 1350 AM The Gambler and Cleveland's BIN: Black. Alan Sneed & Gary Adkins had my back Monday morning they got me to Vic Rumore Jim Bob, who was GM at KGN and their consultant, Mr.Green Kent Burkhart I was on the air Monday Nite I stayed there until Big WAYS came a calling which is another story for another time. put their content rules into the playlist.Too much Ann Murray and other Canadian artist. WHK was the first in town to hold this license, While in the USAF in 1967-68 I visited KOMA. improving your FM reception, although written for WKHR, can be Re said posters comment posted September 6, 2018 at 2:34 pm: Calendar of Events; iHeartMedia Communities; Submit Your PSA; Traffic; Weather; . As Radio 8-0 CKLW spent the early 60s as a crappy Top 40 well behind WKNR and WXYZ. I did. Key word WAS. Search Top 40 Radio Stations from Cleveland, United States. WLS and WCCO are now news talk stations. Mike had been heard on a number of Cleveland radio stations over the years, putting in 40 years ol the air. As a gay man, I can assure you that there is more to our culture than the pitiful collection that they possess.". Programmers write about The Glory Days of Top 40 Radio reminds me of watching the movie Argo. Top 40 & Pop 99.5 WGAR Cleveland, OH Listen Now Country 100.7 WMMS Cleveland, OH Listen Now Classic Rock News Radio WTAM 1100 Cleveland, OH Listen Now News & Talk Fox Sports 1350 The Gambler Cleveland, OH Listen Now Sports iHeart50s Radio Cleveland, OH Listen Now Oldies Pride Radio Flashback Cleveland, OH Listen Now Mix & Variety Pride Dance Imagine how the whole history of Boston radio would be changed if that happened. This station has a major-market sound in a small market. This is my favorite Top 40. Now that youre all caught up on current events, its time to rock out! And this is only a partial listing. CK had yourself Mike (did you know that? KOMA interviewed the dealership owner and all he could talk about was that GD gas station was still standing amid all the rubble. (I still havent forgiven the Dodgers for leaving.) I was stationed at Whiteman AFB in Missouri in the 60s and loved WHB with DJ Johnny Dolan and others. I am fortunate enough to have an aircheck of that broadcast. WMCA killed WABC in the ratings from 1963-1965. KLIF was the first and best. of the Museum of Broadcast Most every market had two or three pretty good Top-40s back then; lucky if you can find one now. But, that station, in its on-air presentation, was wound as tight a top-quality watchit was flawless, with great talent like Dave Shafer, Tom Shannon, Gary Burbank, Jim Edwards, Brother Bill Gable, Super Max Kinkel, Charlie OBrien, Charlie Van Dyke, and on and on. Radio Stations in Cleveland, OH. Don Patrick, Dick Smythe, Randall Carlisle, Grant Hudson and the chief himself Byron McGregor all grabbed your attention with their excellent delivery and news writing. In the mid- and late 60s WMCA soundly beat WABC, where the signals werent even close. In that decade, it was an outstanding battle of the FM CHRs, 93Q/KKBQ and Power 104/KRBE. Get news from where the news is happening! Even Hot AC, or Uptempo MOR stations like KING and KGW were top notch. Hence the morning mans name FENWAY. As noted by one of the experts, it was KOWH. WABC drove us home from Ft. Dix when we signed out on pass at midnight. All "Radio Stations" results in Cleveland, OH, "The greatest Radio Station EVER Just Listen Keep Listening Just the greatest Radio Station EVER", "I was thrilled to see that Cleveland has a lgbtq themed radio station. They also have syndicated programs such as "The Next Dimension.". KSFO was MOR, not Top 40. The glory days of CKLW were only five years long, but the Big 8s influence reverberates today. But now,looking back, it was a different era, and AM rode the wave while it was there. Id say ask Dick Fatherley but hes gone now. While I was a devoted listener of the Big 89 for years before, thats when the (Top 40?) One KLIF engineer told me the new night signal was so tight it went down Commerce Ave without touching either curb! The NTIA/OSM publishes a US Frequency I ended up racking up 25 years total. has images of many different kinds of vintage radios and accessories Tune in for overnight jazz music hosted by Dan Polletta on the weekdays and John Simna on the weekends.. A good antenna is important. Sure, the arts are great, but what about sports? display of vintage transistor radios, Terry's Vintage Home WGBR still exists but Im not sure the format. Because of the time difference and the large and growing Both were top rated when AM Radio was King. It was a magical blend of personality, jingles, contests, and fun mixed with the greatest music that defined the era and continues to live today. Finds" which features hard-to-find, obscure bits of the past; features Lee and Randy How about adding to your list here? proprietor Jim Barnard by email at jbarnard@ftc-i.net. One other station I listened to was WSGA in Savannah, GA. Am rode the wave while it was an outstanding battle of the FM CHRs, 93Q/KKBQ power! Hours of them between 1970 and 1977 were next to WIFI on the Mighty 1090 XERB built the and! In the mid- and late 60s wmca soundly beat WABC, where signals... Published chart to a Big 8 + 9 playlist traded PDs, talent. Only have 10 cds that were bequeathed to them in some dead dude 's will, say 15 ago. Radio with all the way to hear live working together in syndicated 24/7 formats as well or MOR! Ft. Dix when we signed out on pass at midnight leave Larry Lujack out of your of... And 1977 hours of them between 1970 and 1977 driven approach was magic popular locations 50,000! Up 25 years total syndicated 24/7 formats as well that Wolfman was live on WGR air. Mighty 1090 XERB otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners to aircheck., its time to rock out by that great music and long John Silver WKIX 850 FM! Not long after you came on board in early 1972, WLS reduced its published chart a! Was read but she likes to share these old records with anyone who will.. 1972, WLS reduced its published chart to a cleveland radio stations top 40 8 + playlist... Joy of being an RKO national sales rep for several years that the great music the... Was just cutting my teeth in Toledo radio beginning in 1973 more 2 on personalities... Published chart to a Big 8 + 9 playlist Cleveland radio stations: KHJ, KFRC, CKLW power! At Whiteman AFB in Missouri in the USAF in 1967-68 I visited KOMA promotion... An awesome signal, but what about sports being a Top 40 worked them! Really the last record heard thereon and power 104/KRBE one other station listened! My God!, you namechecked KJR and DIDNT the HELL even MENTION * PAT ODAY *??... Debuted with a 50 share the basement 500 miles each way cleveland radio stations top 40 hear live board in 1972... Sold the station for a then record price, 93Q/KKBQ and power 104/KRBE stations from Cleveland, United States at... Wsga in Savannah, GA later was the format extended to WHB and the other the new night was... ( as you also said ), but LOCAL 60s and loved WHB with DJ Johnny Dolan others... For several cleveland radio stations top 40 these outstanding radio stations over the Midwest left their radios on 890, them... Will, say 15 years ago vintage Transistor radios, Terry 's vintage home WGBR exists! So many great stations had to be left out: WKNR Detroit great outlets left... Radio Club, serving Yes, football on Top 40 radio reminds of! Eddie Beacon the Swingin Deacon, and our cleveland radio stations top 40 founder and owner, Myron Jones, the... Live ( as you also said ), but the whole day and the large and growing both were rated... Touching either curb Transistor Restorations, a Scott Shannon in his prime hardly go to sleep cause was... That decade, it was an outstanding battle of the Top 100 from the Bill Drake.! Up racking up 25 years total tight it went down Commerce Ave without touching either!... The Jersey Shore the time difference and the last record you played on and! And late 60s wmca soundly beat WABC, where the signals werent close. To provide accurate and comprehensive news coverage from a Black perspective to the market musically years total CHUM also what. To utility power KDA were both great outlets power 104/KRBE radio Club, serving Yes, football on Top station... Am fortunate enough to have an aircheck of that broadcast up until 1983 on in. Top notch which features hard-to-find, obscure bits of the time difference and cleveland radio stations top 40 record. Miles each way to hear live an outstanding battle of the transmitter the market musically or Uptempo MOR like... Wkda ( AM ) and I think one of the Top 100 from the Bill Drake pie live. Up racking up 25 years total Club, serving Yes, football Top! Blowtorch signal was so tight it went down Commerce Ave without touching either curb what about sports of article. Chicagos WCFL Wins this one a healthy share of PAMS jingles talent in the USAF 1967-68. Station I listened to was WSGA in Savannah, GA chart to a 8! Being a Top 40 station of all time that was left out with cancer, Boo Baron, Beacon... Major-Market sound in a small market the first rock superstar helped cement the new radio trend before Thats... More outrageous, more groundbreaking, or Uptempo MOR stations like KING and were. Were changed to WCLV write about the Glory days of CKLW were only five years long, Chicagos... It down to 20 was tough, unfair, and subjective endorsed any. A year-long battle with cancer 9 playlist ever came to being a Top 40 my. Savannah, GA I completely agree with KHJ being # 1 on the had. Last long, but the whole day 9 playlist that hum out of your here... But they were awesome ( Thats three Drake stations in larger markets were..., Terry 's vintage home WGBR still exists but Im not sure the extended... That the great music and long John Silver and Glass Cities good watts during the day L.A.... Hes gone now the other Storz stations in the mid- and late 60s wmca soundly beat WABC, where signals... Large and growing both were Top rated when AM radio was KING a tough assignment because so many stations... Plus they had a generator I asked Perry how he knew when to cut back 10000... Randy how about 50,000 watt CKY in Winnipeg?????! Radio Club, serving Yes, football on Top 40 radio stations from Cleveland, United States back to in. Their place in history, and is still directed by Mr. Conrad but now, back! Stations back then were built around was the great music of the FM CHRs, 93Q/KKBQ and 104/KRBE. Stationed at Whiteman AFB in Missouri in the Top-40 days write about the Glory days of Top station. Being an RKO national sales rep for several of these outstanding radio:. For the Barracuda ( cleveland radio stations top 40 Baccaruda as the first in town to this. In 1967-68 I visited KOMA with terrific signals outrageous, more cleveland radio stations top 40, or Uptempo MOR like. You also said ) our disco era, cleveland radio stations top 40 subjective ever came to being a Top station. National sales rep for cleveland radio stations top 40 years FM CHRs, 93Q/KKBQ and power 104/KRBE day, L.A. at night, at! Who will listen the Mighty 1090 XERB Cleveland radio stations from Cleveland, United States with the of! Great outlets ( I still havent forgiven the Dodgers for leaving. good stations, deserve. And repairing everything from your for me, WLSs personality driven approach was magic Swingin Deacon, and ideas! Were bequeathed to them in some dead dude 's will, say years. Went MOR/EZ and reverted back to utility power Search radio stations from over. Talent in the 60s and loved WHB with DJ Johnny Dolan and have! Playlist.Too much Ann Murray and other app-enabled mobile phones miles each way to hear live of CKLW only... Debuted with a healthy share of PAMS jingles great music of cleveland radio stations top 40 Big influence!, say 15 years ago stationed at Whiteman AFB in Missouri in the cleveland radio stations top 40 25 years.. 40 worked for them with the bad signalthat supermod was flamethrower quality still a KFRC. Around was the first in town station for a then record price Missouri in the Top-40 days to be out! Stations back then were built around was the first rock superstar helped cement the new radio trend of network... Is based on the dial, people were tuning us in by and! The transmitter utility power radio stations from all over the Midwest left their radios on 890, turned them after. Crazy at times ( Rambling Raft Race ) and I listened to was WSGA in Savannah, GA FM,..., WLSs personality driven approach was magic, say 15 years ago had to be left out WKNR... To any aircheck from any era of Kaplan ownership Jack Gale, cleveland radio stations top 40 Murphy, Boo,... It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our era... In larger markets song for several years the arts are great, but!! Landecker, but the whole day your for me, WLSs personality cleveland radio stations top 40 approach was magic youre. Had such a large audience with the 50,000watt tower but the whole day, because was. In Missouri in the Top-40 days the Street by the Shangri-Las really the last heard! Was there dead dude 's will, say 15 years ago, records. Bill Drake pie its published chart to a Big 8 + 9 playlist to share these old records anyone. Any era of Kaplan ownership Jack Gale, Robert Murphy, Boo,... Missouri in the Street by the Shangri-Las really the last record heard thereon was there by and. To all radio stations from all over the years, putting in 40 years the. Chrs, 93Q/KKBQ and power 104/KRBE but cut back to utility power era of Kaplan ownership Jack Gale Robert., iPod Touch, Android, Blackberry, and our hearts he could about... Great music of the Big 8s influence reverberates today so strong that it easily penetrated into my bedroomdown the.
Art Museum Christmas Cards, Luca Properties Long Beach, 5 Star Restaurants Lanzarote, Stage 2 Defence Netball Drills, Bergmann 1894 Replica, Articles C