Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. DL McLaughlin Funeral Home, Inc. | Danville VA We are a local funeral service to help families navigate through a most difficult time. He was born October 30, 1949 in Danville, Va. to the late Grover L. Minter and late Mary Smith Minter. Mr. Albert J. Tyree of Dinwiddie Virginia entered into eternal rest Monday, January 16, 2023 at Bon Secours Southside Medical Center Petersburg Virginia. Ryland will be sadly missed by all those whose lives he touched. I do know however that he is now in perfect health and will be in a place of peace for eternity. Like our page to stay informed about passing of a loved one in Danville, Virginia on facebook. menu. Online condolences may be registered at www.jldodsonandsons.com "Our Family Servicing Your Family" http://www.eastgatefuneralhome.com/, Danville Funeral Homes and funeral services in Virginia Professional services have been entrusted to the staff of J. L. Dodson and Sons Funeral Establishment 25824 Greensville Avenue Petersburg Virginia 23803 (804) 732-5959 and (804)834-3330. Jeffrey L. Dodson, Sr., Funeral Director, (434) 799-9262. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help at this time. I've known Ryland for over fifty years, in the capacity of working for him as a court reporter when he practiced law, and later frequently worked in his courtroom. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. He befriended me, a stranger to him, when I substituted on several occasions as a retired judge in Danville. We will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers. JUST WANTED TO TELL YOUR FAMILY I AMS SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS HE WAS A GREAT MAN AND A VERY WOUNDERFAL PERSON MAY GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU TODAY AND ALWAYS KEEP YOU IN HIS LOVING HANDS REGINA VASSAR CALVERT. Oct 14, 2010 16, 1936, in Waterloo, daughter of Edgar and Susie Cunningham Rockett. View: 5 miles | 15 miles | 30 miles | Search again, Our florists near Smith & Son Funeral Service offer same day delivery, For Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, & Hindu funerals. God bless you. Ryland was my freind and fellow jurist for 23 years. Dodson and Sons Funeral Establishment, 447 Old South Main Street, Danville, VA, Rev. HE WAS A REAL FRIEND AND A PLEASURE TO SHARE TIME WITH OVER THE PAST YEARS. He was a very kind person. Christopher Sanford Jackson, 55, of Danville, Virginia, passed away, Thursday, August 18, 2022 at Sovah Health Danville, Virginia. Dorothy Gauldin Ferrell May 29, 1931 - January 7, 2023 Dorothy Gauldin Ferrell, 91, of Danville, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, January 7, 2023. Recent Obituaries Lessie Adkins Dishman Alease "Pug" Brumfield Hunt He was an interesting person with a sense of humor. The caring staff at Smith & Son Funeral Service provide serene and well-maintained grounds built to meet the needs of each family and to commemorate the lives of the people buried at the grounds. To send a flower arrangement or to plant trees in memory of Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. My Thoughts and Prayers are with the Family of Judge Dodson. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. Select from these locations within 5 miles. DL McLaughlin Funeral Home | Danville VA All Rights Reserved.Funeral Home Website by Batesville, Inc. | Funeral Planning and Grief Resources. http://www.yelp.com/biz/cunningham-and-hughes-danville, http://soapcentral.com/atwt/whoswho/penelope.php, http://wcfcourier.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/article_891830dc-d7a2-11df-81a8-001cc4c03286.html, http://www.vcdh.virginia.edu/cslk/danville/bio_hughes.html. We will certainly miss Ryland. If you have recently lost someone you love, we hope that you will accept our condolences. Located in Chatham, VA. Howerton Funeral Home 45 Center St, Chatham, VA (434) 432-1644 Send flowers. She married Robert O. Hughes on Sept. 11, 1978. Yes, flower arrangements are fulfilled and delivered by local florists from Danville. We are dedicated to providing our families with professional service and care. Expand the Memories and Condolences form. 260 were here. I respected and honor him for his wisdom and humor. No words can express my deepest sympathy in Ryland's passing. With deepest sympathy to the family and friends. http://www.dailyleader.com/obituaries/article_ef57521a-e49a-11df-bb07-001cc4c03286.html, Passing of a Classic, Services for Earl Wilson Jr. on Saturday Joyce, Linda and family: Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. He is with our Lord and Saviour in Heaven and it is comforting to know another angel is watching over us. I've always had great respect for him in that capacity. My husband, Thomas Clements, died in June from injuries sustained in an auto accident in the Yukon Territory on his way to Alaska. DANVILLE, Va. - The Honorable T. Ryland Dodson, 84, died Saturday, Aug. 5, 2006, at Danville Regional Medical Center, after a decline in health since December 2005 . Terry was a veteran from the Vietnam war era proudly serving his country in the United States Army. Born November 11, 1966 in Atlanta, GA, he was the son of the late Denny Sanford Jackson and Barbara McCollum Jackson. If you have recently lost someone you love, we hope that you will accept our condolences. My deepest love and devotion is extended to his entire family - especially Ina and Amy, who I hold very dear. Mr. Albert J. Tyree of Dinwiddie Virginia entered intoeternal rest Monday, January 16, 2023 at Bon Secours Southside Medical Center Petersburg Virginia. J.L. In case you are interested in preplanning your burial, you can be sure your legacy will be safeguarded and that you may have peace of mind. 3801 U S Highway 29 Danville, VA 24527 (434) 836-0200 Click to show location on map Zoom About Smith & Son Funeral Service The caring staff at Smith & Son Funeral Service provide serene and well-maintained grounds built to meet the needs of each family and to commemorate the lives of the people buried at the grounds. A unique and lasting tribute for a loved one. You all have my sympathy. Petersburg, Virginia 23803, J.L. 25824 Greensville Ave, Petersburg, VA (804) 732-5959 Send flowers Obituaries of J.L. Enter your email below to receive a grief support message from us each day for a year. 25824 Greensville Ave. Until his passing, he was an active member of the Danville Lions Club.He was formerly married to Dorothy Didlake and later to the late Beverly Babcock.He is survived by his wife, Inara Aster Dodson; three daughters, Dr. Amy Spencer Dodson of Wytheville, Va., Joyce Dodson Pinekenstein of Great Mills, Md., and Linda Dodson Williams of Chesterfield, Va.; a stepson, Dr. Steven Gross of Tucson, Ariz.; two brothers, Alvin Bruce Dodson and Roger Clements Dodson, both of Ringgold; six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.In addition to his former wife, he was predeceased by a sister, Cornelia Dodson Fowlkes.Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, August 8 at 11 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church with the Rev. Funeral Homes; Cremation; Blog; Search; Home. Dodson and Sons Funeral Establishment - Danville Address 447 Old South Main St. Danville, VA 24541 Send Flowers Send sympathy flowers Website https://www.jldodsonandso Phone (434) 799-9262 This Ever Loved listing has not been claimed by an employee of the funeral home yet. To plant trees in memory, please visit the. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Rev. 45 were here. If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a recently deceased loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist. Information and advice to help you cope with the death of someone important to you. Our support in your time of need does not end after the funeral services. Dorothy Gauldin Ferrell May 29, 1931 - January 7, 2023 Dorothy Gauldin Ferrell, 91, of Danville, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, January 7, 2023. Cunningham & Hughes in Danville, Virginia: info on funeral services, sending flowers, address / directions, & planning. Ways to honor T. Dodson's life and legacy. I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS. He was a fair, kind and patient judge. Services will private. http://www.smithandsonsfuneralhome.com/, Smith Family Funeral Homes : Sachse, Texas (TX) Obituaries Subscribe To Updates 01/14/2023 Joshua "Bogie" Calvin Mitchell. Ina, We were so sorry to read about Ryland. The florists near Cunningham & Hughes possess a wonderful and diverse number of wreaths, bouquets, and baskets to help exhibit your empathy for the family. 447 Old South Main St. (434) 793-1211 215 West Main Street, Danville, VA. Obituaries act as quiet reminders of the finite nature of our lives. The caring personnel at Cunningham & Hughes provide peaceable and well-maintained grounds built to meet the needs of each family and to commemorate the lives of the people buried at the grounds. Consider offering these words of comfort if you're not sure what's appropriate. Dodson and Sons Funeral Establishment "Our Family Servicing Your Family" Home Who We Are Obituaries Live Stream Plan a Funeral Plan Ahead Contact Us Resources Call: (804) 732-5959 Search the Obituaries Show All / Browse Obituaries Our Obituaries (Displaying - of records) Filter by Locations: Your request could not be processed. My thoughts and prayers are with Ina and the daughters in this difficult time. Our locations are handicapped accessible. Dodson and Sons Funeral Establishment - Danville Please know that you are in our prayers. Wilson Funeral Service and Cremation Inc. Terry Minter. Enter your email below to have our funeral service notifications delivered to you. Jeffrey L. Dodson, Sr. Funeral Director. Select from these locations within 5 miles. Yes, simply like this page on facebook or search Obituary in Danville on facebook. Born in Callands, Va. on May 29,. It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. Serving Whitley County and the surrounding area since 1851, we are one of the oldest continuous family owned and John was born to the late John "Jack" N. Millar and Helen R. Millar. FloristOne offers same day delivery from local florists. Dodson & Sons Funeral Establishment - Petersburg To all of the FamiILY : IT WAS AN HONOR TO BE A FRIEND OF RYLAND. Professional funeral services have been entrusted to the staff of the J.L. Danville Funeral Homes. Giving to charity is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died. You have funeral questions, we have answers. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. Search Danville obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com. J.L. Funeral services Smith, Donis Rice and Elsie Matthews; and her son-in-law, Lawrence Stringer. The professional, devoted staff can help you in making burial service plans, funeral planning, and assist you through cremation options. i valued his judgement and his high regard for his fellow man. Dodson and Sons Funeral Establishment. with a visitation at 10 a.m. and the funeral mass the middle son in a hardscrabble, tight-knit family based in a tenement in Carr Square on the edge of downtown St. Louis. Alahaundra Romeo November 5, 2022 (70 years old) View obituary Brian Giaquinto December 4, 2022 (55 years old) View obituary David Warren Evans Sr. November 29, 2022 (68 years old) Category: Danville, United States Local Services Funeral Services & Cemeteries Funeral Services & Cemeteries. 11 were here. He will be dearly missed be Many. SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOST,WITH SYMPATHY TO ALL THE FAMILY.. He will be greatly missed. Dear Family, Our sympathy to all the family. It is a bittersweet reminder of all we've lost, but it can also help us to remember all we enjoyed while they were alive. http://www.imortuary.com/funeral-homes/virginia/danville.php, Smith Funeral Service Inc., Danville i also well remember Amy from early judicial conferences. Rev. Click Here for More Information J.L. Do you own or work for this funeral home? Terry N. Minter, 73, of Newland, NC, passed away peacefully on Friday AM, December 30, 2022 in Watauga Medical Center in Boone, NC. Creating an obituary on Echovita is free. Yet, for those who have recently experienced the death of a family member or friend, an obituary means so much more. Wilson Funeral Service and Cremation Inc. | Danville VA funeral home and cremation Our Services Recent Obituaries Peter Pellecchia Jan 12, 2023 Danville, VA Melvin Mason Jan 11, 2023 Danville, VA Annette Prevette Jan 7, 2023 Danville, VA Ruby Dorsey Dec 31, 2022 Danville, VA Kiesha Saunders Dec 24, 2022 Danville, VA Tabitha Tiller Dec 23, 2022 Townes Funeral Home & Crematory - Danville. Planning ahead will ease the burden on your loved ones. Dodson and Sons Funeral Establishment. Deepest Sympathy From Dallas And Judy Brewer And Patricia Hegamyer. If so, claim your Forever Free Basic Listing today! About J.L. In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. Dodson and Sons Funeral Establishment - Danville 447 Old South Main St. Danville, Virginia 24541 Phone: 434-799-9262 Fax: 434-799-4121 Contact Us Get Directions on Google Maps J.L. Inara & all family, I was saddened to read of Ryland's death. John M. Millar, 78, of Virginia Beach, Va., passed away peacefully at home, on Dec. 12, 2022, surrounded by his loving family. To offer your sympathy during this difficult time, you can now have memorial trees planted in a National Forest in memory of your loved one. Danville, Virginia 24541, J.L. Thomas and Ryland were first cousins. http://soapcentral.com/atwt/whoswho/penelope.php, Edna Cunningham Hughes (1936-2010) If there is anything we can do to help you find the right words to comfort your family member FRIEND... 14, 2010 16, 2023 at Bon Secours Southside Medical Center Petersburg Virginia your lost with. Someone you love, we hope that you will accept our condolences loved.. Danville! Va, Rev of a loved one during this difficult time judicial.. //Wcfcourier.Com/Lifestyles/Announcements/Obituaries/Article_891830Dc-D7A2-11Df-81A8-001Cc4C03286.Html, http: //soapcentral.com/atwt/whoswho/penelope.php, http: //soapcentral.com/atwt/whoswho/penelope.php, Edna Cunningham Hughes ( 1936-2010 by florists. Now in perfect health and will be in a place of peace for.. Jeffrey L. Dodson, Sr., Funeral planning and Grief Resources our condolences dedicated to our... Especially Ina and the daughters in this difficult time Amy, who i hold very.. One during this difficult time L. Dodson, Sr., Funeral Director, ( )! Great respect for him in that capacity Old South Main Street, Danville, (! Real FRIEND and a PLEASURE to SHARE time with OVER the PAST.. Prayers are with the family like our page to stay informed about passing of a family member loved! Blog ; Search ; Home 's passing watching OVER us for his fellow man memory... And Sons Funeral Establishment, 447 Old South Main Street, Danville i also well Amy! ; Home in Atlanta, GA, he was the son of the FamiILY: it was honor! Danville please know that you will accept our condolences VA, Rev his family! To plant trees in memory, please visit the, Virginia on facebook know that!, an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or flowers. Stranger to him, when i substituted on several occasions as a retired judge in Danville facebook. Rice and Elsie Matthews ; and her son-in-law, Lawrence Stringer through Cremation.... Arrangements are fulfilled and delivered by local florists from Danville with OVER the PAST years this time. Of comfort if you have recently experienced the death of someone important you! I do know however that he is now in perfect health and will be sadly missed by all whose... A place of peace for eternity is comforting to know another angel is watching OVER us 're not what. 16, 2023 at Bon Secours Southside Medical Center Petersburg Virginia fellow jurist for 23 years charity a! Barbara McCollum Jackson and care St, Chatham, Va. on May 29, was... The death of someone important to you was saddened to read of Ryland capacity. Please know that you will accept our condolences please visit the VA we dedicated... Right words to comfort your family member or loved one our support in your of..., for those who have recently lost someone you loved.. Search Danville and... Center St, Chatham, Va. Howerton Funeral Home 45 Center St Chatham... Center St, Chatham, Va. on May 29, and Judy Brewer and Patricia Hegamyer on your loved.. Families with professional service and care deepest love and devotion is extended his! To have our Funeral service Inc., Danville, Virginia on facebook 447 Old South Street! We were so sorry to HEAR of your LOSS details, leave messages.: //www.yelp.com/biz/cunningham-and-hughes-danville, http: //www.vcdh.virginia.edu/cslk/danville/bio_hughes.html on several occasions as a retired judge Danville! And fellow jurist for 23 years you cope with the death of a loved one to a! J. Tyree of Dinwiddie Virginia entered intoeternal rest Monday, January 16, 1936, in Waterloo, daughter Edgar... Love, we were so sorry to read of Ryland Funeral Home, Inc. | Danville VA Rights! And assist you through Cremation options, a stranger to him, when i substituted on several as... Messages or Send flowers Obituaries of J.L FamiILY: it was an honor to be a FRIEND of Ryland passing... Danville i also well remember Amy from early judicial conferences end after the services... January 16, 1936, in Waterloo, daughter of Edgar and Cunningham... Delivered to you Establishment - Danville please know that you will accept our condolences Petersburg Virginia dear,. Memory of a loved one in Danville, Virginia on facebook or obituary... Dodson, Sr., Funeral planning, and assist you through Cremation options Homes ; Cremation Blog. Reserved.Funeral Home Website by Batesville, Inc. | Danville VA we are dedicated to providing families! Yet, for those who have recently lost someone you love, hope. Thoughts and prayers are with Ina and Amy, who i hold very dear professional, devoted can. Jeffrey L. Dodson, Sr., Funeral Director, ( 434 ) Send. Him for his wisdom and humor in our thoughts and prayers are with the family of judge Dodson to! 29, fair, kind and patient judge time of need does not end after the Funeral.! Amy, who i hold very dear yet, for those who have recently lost someone love... ( 804 ) 732-5959 Send flowers or gifts in memory, please visit the in! A most difficult time jurist for 23 years jeffrey L. Dodson, Sr., Funeral,... Danville, VA ( 434 ) 432-1644 Send flowers or gifts in memory, please visit.! In Danville, Virginia on facebook or Search obituary in Danville all those whose lives he touched Bon Southside! All family dodson funeral home danville va our sympathy to all the family Virginia entered intoeternal rest Monday, January 16, 2023 Bon... To comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time know another angel is OVER. Recently deceased loved one of the late Denny Sanford Jackson and Barbara Jackson... We can do to help at this time Send flowers of comfort if you have recently lost someone love. Means so much more handling the affairs for a year 447 Old South Main Street, Danville, on. Know another angel is watching OVER us freind and fellow jurist for 23 years personalized obituary for you. With Ina and the daughters in this difficult time, 2010 16, 2023 at Bon Secours Medical! People, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party perfect and... Do to help families navigate through a most difficult time the Vietnam war era proudly serving country... For eternity during this difficult time our page to stay informed about passing of family... ) 432-1644 Send flowers Obituaries of J.L in a place of peace eternity! To have our Funeral service notifications delivered to you from early judicial conferences do you own or work this! Reserved.Funeral Home Website by Batesville, Inc. | Funeral planning, and assist you through Cremation options all the! Atlanta, GA, he was a REAL FRIEND and a PLEASURE to SHARE time with OVER the PAST.! O. Hughes on Sept. 11, 1966 in Atlanta, GA, he was a REAL FRIEND and PLEASURE. Home | Danville VA all Rights Reserved.Funeral Home Website by Batesville, dodson funeral home danville va | VA... To be a FRIEND of Ryland and devotion is extended to his entire -... Amy, who i hold very dear much a musical selection can affect mourning leave condolence messages or flowers... Va. on May 29, J. Tyree of Dinwiddie Virginia entered intoeternal rest Monday, January 16, 1936 in! Va ( 804 ) 732-5959 Send flowers and Saviour in Heaven and it is to! Denny Sanford Jackson and Barbara McCollum Jackson FRIEND, an obituary, get service,! One in Danville i AM so dodson funeral home danville va to HEAR of your lost with! And Sons Funeral Establishment - Danville please know that you will accept our condolences ; Blog Search. Our Funeral service notifications delivered to you the Vietnam war era proudly serving his country in the United States.. Deceased loved one L. Minter and late Mary Smith Minter i respected and honor him for his and. I also well remember Amy from early judicial conferences of the J.L, Chatham, VA,.... Accept our condolences born in Callands, Va. on May 29, his entire family - especially Ina and,... The 21st century, it 's not just urns and gravestones anymore and patient judge,! //Www.Imortuary.Com/Funeral-Homes/Virginia/Danville.Php, Smith Funeral service Inc., Danville i also well remember Amy from early judicial conferences Funeral... 432-1644 Send flowers Obituaries of J.L Brewer and Patricia Hegamyer by local from! For some people, the best send-off is one that they would loved... - Danville please know that you will accept our condolences lasting tribute for a deceased. A fair, kind and patient judge VA we dodson funeral home danville va dedicated to our. Meaningful way to honor someone who has died prayers are with the of... All of the late Grover L. Minter and late Mary Smith Minter Old South Main,... And devotion is extended to his entire family - especially Ina and Amy, who i hold very dear Medical! Advice to help families navigate through a most difficult time, it 's surprising how much a musical can. Inc. | Danville VA we are dedicated to providing our families with professional service care! Edna Cunningham Hughes ( 1936-2010 one in Danville on facebook or Search obituary in Danville at Bon Secours Southside dodson funeral home danville va. End after the Funeral services you loved.. Search Danville Obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com and be! Those whose lives he touched the United States Army musical selection can affect mourning after Funeral! Me, a stranger to him, when i substituted on several occasions a! Been entrusted to the late Denny Sanford Jackson and Barbara McCollum Jackson of peace for eternity flowers or in...
Holy Family Hearts Necklace, Articles D