Then, wet some rags & stuff them in the cover to catch the shavings when you grind it back down. Bending the control arm is a lazy man's fix for a worn cam follower pin. "mainEntityOfPage": { The pump must be wiggled up into place and then the front edge of the pump overlaps the front lip. Be sure to have a good welder do it. Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see Thanks. Any water in there turns to vapor and eventually gets thoroughly mixed with the hot fluid. I do see it is bent as well. Same trouble as you were having. On 8N tractors the ball on the linkage rod just pulls right out of the socket as the top cover or pump are removed. Ford 8N Hydraulic Control Unit Adjustment I kind of gave up on the manual when it came to adjusting the lift cover and went with Zane's jig. This was before I was trained at Jonesboro Ga's Ford training farm back in the early 60s on how to do it with the jig that every dealership had to own as part of the requirements to have a franchise. Of course we have several family members coming to town tomorrow for a wedding/visit. I also now have a cam pin roller modification that can fix the problem as when the cam is worn sideways etc. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Finally, is it cheating to just put the notched washer in up front or should I build up the wear spot first and grind flat? Draining this water is easy to do. "@type": "Person", If the relief valve is leaking you will see the oil bubbling up from the pump area. IE - wondering if I move the quadrant lever all the way up will it lift the plow so I can transport it? May be where I end up depending on what Zane says. I'll let you know how I do. of the hydraulic touch control lever and lift arms to be sure they were not moved while making the adjustments. Never force anything! "url": "https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/graphics/smllogo.png", I have adjusted then many times without the jig by trial and error, but it was out of ignorance. If necessary, make a new mark that corresponds to the correct level. "dateModified": "2001-10-31", John It must be straight. I have watched you rebuild video twice and find it would be a great help if I needed to rebuild. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V. window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-04SJ2KTSCK',{ cookie_flags: 'max-age=7200;secure;samesite=none' }); Welcome! At the time I had an extra top cover and just installed that on his machine and all was well Is the control arm straight? Should the cam be smooth across its width? 8N - Hydraulic Lift - Troubleshooting, by Zane Sherman . It's like a 10-30 multigrade motor oil thickness. If the quadrant bracket is all the way back and the lift still doesnt come all the way up, youll have to replace the worn cam follower pin. (800) 853-2651Shop Now TRACTOR PARTS Allis Chalmers Case & David Brown Thank-you! }, I did a lot of work on the first one, so I'm familiar with how they work, but I've never encountered this problem. Leakdown is probably the most common complaint with the N tractors, but its usually easy to fix. Its generally not an immediate pressing problem. There was a slight curve to it, but it had worked in the past with it so I thought , what the heck . (800) 853-2651Shop Now TRACTOR PARTS Allis Chalmers Case & David Brown Farmall & International Ferguson Ford & New Holland John Deere Also, followed the instructions from the current shop manual the local New Holland Ford mechanic uses that he was nice enough to give me a copy of. "width": 200, When it is time to reconnect the linkage, get one ball in the socket, align the other side, then flip the wedge out. Thanks for the suggestion. We keep the brush down in the woods. Water isn't flowing thru a damaged shifter boot into the sump. Please use the navigational links to explore our website. I was examining the ram arm and noticed its cam has a slight ridge on its inner edge at the end of the cam follower pin. I did take a look at it before I put it back together. The 8N hydraulic system is simple yet elegant and works great when properly adjusted and maintained. I'm new to this forum stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just had this discussion w/ some folks who know more about welding than I do (which is about everyone) and the consensus was to remove some of the linkage for better access & mig weld it up. A few years back I had a tractor come in that the control arm was bent and did the same type of thing. With about 800 pounds on the lift arms, the front tires start to come off the ground. Hi All- this is rookie question. Here is the pic. RETURN - to main TUNE-UP page or go to the next subject BRAKES. Thanks to John Smith of Old Ford Tractor for allowing us to use this information. Hold the hydraulic touch control lever at the top of the quadrant and gently tap the quadrant support plate forward or backward until both of the above requirements are fulfilled. A short tutorial of hydraulic repair on a Ford 8N is available here. Check the pump pressure as outlined in the I&T FO-4 manual. Remove the top cover and place it bottom side up on the workbench. My 8n lifts and lowers great in when the system is in "Position Control". I previously posted a pic of the crack. A lift that raises slow and won't stay up when the engine stops may have blown gaskets, a cracked cylinder, rusty transfer pipe, or other internal leaks. FORD 9N 2N 8N NAA 600 601 800 TRACTOR LIFT CONTROL LEVER 9N512A . You obviously know a lot more about welding than I do. It is impossible to adjust the 8N lift with the instructions in most manuals. Are there any other solutions or suggestions for building up the wear on the cam besides welding? Have a fairly heavy weight or load on the lift arms. Thanks for you help!! Yes. 3 - Is it below freezing now? When changing the fluid, try to flush as much of the sludge as possible out with the old fluid. If that pipe is rotten and leaking it is not a standard part, but it can be replaced with a pipe cut to the same exact size and pressed into place. He ships the jig with documentation that has helpful hints about things to check that the manual doesn't talk about that'd keep one from getting the proper adjustment. "@context":"https://schema.org", The new Position Control setting bypassed the draft control and allowed the implement to remain at a consistent position relative to the position of the Touch Control lever.A continued drawback to this series of tractor, was the safety need for an overrunning clutch at the end of the PTO shaft.. Choke Control Rod Assembly.Ford - Fits: 2N, 9N; Replaces: 9N9700 * Fits (1939-47)* NOTE: this is 1 . I previously posted a pic of the crack. Have a question about my 8N hydraulics. Get the adjusting jig from Zane. You will need to replace the ram arm to prevent potential catastrophic damage in the future. Chances are, you will find that the valve pivot is stuck and not moving. My lift drifts down when the pto stops.. It is bent to the front which I would think would help me. I wire weld them nuttin to it I don't have to listen to arguments by both sides I make my own damm mind up by just doing it, it removes all the options :D http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=869783&highlight=weld Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see Thanks for the note that the washer can overdue it, that's what I was wanting to know. It is a good idea to occasionally drain-off any water that has accumulated. The V8-8N has a Howard step-down that provides a second range of gears approximately 1/3 the normal gear ratios. Little heat and came off pretty easily. Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see I was wondering if someone had bent it intentionally as a fix . It lifts great and fast when the engine is cold, but it gets worse as the tractor warms. Arm, Hydraulic Lift Ram - 8N545B Arm, Hydraulic Lift Ram.OEM #: 8N545B.Application: Ford 8N. This can create a really big mess but draining most of the fluid thru that hole will flush as much dirt as possible out of the hydraulic pump area. Here is the pic. It also depends on how much weight you have on the front end. I kind of gave up on the manual when it came to adjusting the lift cover and went with Zane's jig. If the cylinder bore is in good shape or has only very faint scratches or grooves use the NAA piston and seal. Pivot pins was mentioned. However my problem on my 51 8n is the lift arms go all the way up and wont go down unless I let it set for several days. Yes. How to Remove and Rebuild a Ford 8N Hydraulic Pump Carving A Path 65K views 2 years ago Ford 2N 9N Tractor Position Control kirk -NJ 40K views 4 years ago Almost yours: 2 weeks, on us. Thats normal in all of them because the pump closes off the inlet port when it stops and the pump cavitates as it starves for oil. LeRoy, my 1951 8n had not been started for 4 years. The general information provided below is no substitute for a repair manual. It is impossible to adjust the 8N lift with the instructions in most manuals. My pic is attached. It appears you have just learned this to be true! The main reason we replace the fluid is the amount of water that eventually has mixed with it. Took the yoke off the draft sensing spring. Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see Thanks for the note that the washer can overdue it, that's what I was wanting to know. If temperatures have been below freezing, the water will freeze. There is only one position in which the quadrant support plate can be located where both of the above conditions will be met. Look for places where the gaskets may have blown out. I had a similar, though much less serious, crack in the ram arm on my 55 860. Welding is on the long list of things I know nothing about. completing the adjustment. My lift only comes up half way then stops.. (gritting of the teeth) Come to think of it that might have been a little too profound a remark! So, if I am hearing you right your jig will fix my adjustment problems and the new cam pin roller modification will fix the cam wear issues. Dropping the pump for a thorough cleaning or repairs only takes a few minutes, and only requires a new gasket for the pump housing and PTO bearing flange. "width": 200, Hopefully my wear level is repairable with his cam pin roller modification. To raise the plow pull touch control all the way up to raise the plow. "userInteractionCount": 34 I have adjusted then many times without the jig by trial and error, but it was out of ignorance. My email address is provided for tractor questions. }, Press or drive the worn pin out. 1 - Has it rained or been humid recently? Any comments would be welcome. "publisher": { Dean Here is the pic. It has often been suggested that a bad shifter boot will allow all sorts of water to get in there. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. I just replied to another response to my post, with a pic and a question. I also now have a cam pin roller modification that can fix the problem as when the cam is worn sideways etc. I'm hoping the relatively light duty work will make the weld option more viable. (gritting of the teeth) How's this procedure Zane? As for the adjustment, I followed the instructions in the very old version of the I&T Shop manual I have. I have copied the steps from my August 18, 1948 operators manual below. Our friends at Steiner have all the parts you'll need to fix your 8N hydraulics (and hydraulics on lots of other tractors too). I have my lift cover supported by two saw horses with the control lever hanging down and while it does move forward and backward as I move the touch control lever it is never held rigidly in any position. When we cleared an acre 30 years ago the tractor got a majority of its work dragging logs. I need to either flip it around 180 degrees or hold the arm up to see if it meets those requirements. Extending or neglecting to do fluid changes only guarantees that there will be problems. There is only one position in which the quadrant support plate can be located where both of the above conditions will be met. Wrong? Get to the tough questions and you go all shy on me? That left only a small amount to drain from the two big plugs. The NAA piston and seal will cost more to replace than just buying new cast iron rings. The shifter socket is also well above the surface of the transmission cover. If you have deep scratches and do not want to spend the money to replace the entire cylinder assembly you should use the cast iron rings and live with the small leakage. The control lever and quadrant moves the valve spools on the pump to control the lift. It appears you have just learned this to be true! Check for lift cylinder leakage and for relief valve leakage as described in the questions above. While the 8N piston originally came with steel rings, many have been upgraded with a Jubilee style o-ring. My lift is very jerky and erratic when raising.. Once the pump is getting close, reach thru the drain hole and make sure the linkage isn't wedged against anything. Measuring parts just won't cut it when all the parts are not still the same shape and measurement that they were when new about 50 years ago. My old pin was worn at a 45 degree angle and my cam was also worn at a 45 degree angle on the same edge as Bruce's picture. 2 - Did it freeze last night? And the control rod must be perfectly straight. (Long) in the Tractors forum followed by comments. After yesterday I don't have a clue how I could get the ram arm out. A weak lift may not work at all with synthetic fluid. See the next question. Two large plugs under the transmission, and hydraulic pump, and one smaller pipe plug under the differential housing. Look at the 8N link that goes down to the valve. This is accomplished by tightening or loosening the nut on the end of the hydraulic touch control lever shaft (fig. Plate was about 1/32 concave on one edge. However, after putting the hydraulic control unit back in its location, it failed the final test/adjustment. Heavy parts bending with hydraulic pressure can suddenly break or spring loose and become missles. I'm a little confused on the weld issue. The crack has nothing to do with the lift performance at this time. Thanks for te help. If you can see the other posting I just placed with the pic you will see perfectly straight would not describe my control lever. Drain the sump. A really hard freeze could actually crack something. It seems the only thing I can do is to bend the control arm forward so it will close the valve. You must log in or register to reply here. Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see Just removed and straightened the control rod. 75 Tips I think that the cam wear is part of the problem with my lift as well. Looking for some advise on an issue with Ford 800. Took the yoke off the draft sensing spring. To me, that says, it would not overcome the pressure from the intake control valve spring and push it in. Also, the draft sensing spring seat can be deformed by the implement bouncing up and down during transport over rough terrain. When you are ready to drain the sump, you will need a container or shirt fabric that will hold about 5-gallons. The cam follower pin looks perfectly cylindrical. Removing and replacing the pump and top cover are relatively simple procedures that are covered pretty well in the I&T FO-4 manual. 2023 Ford Fordson Collectors Association All Rights Reserved. To check these, leave the side cover off and start the tractor. It is bent forward which I thought would help if anything, wrong? The control valve spools in the pump base can leak due to scoring in the bores but this is rare and generally not repairable except by a major pump rebuild. I do see it is bent as well. TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. At the time I had an extra top cover and just installed that on his machine and all was well. Ice could freeze valves and springs that are located near the bottom of the sump. Do you see that as well or just my original post and your responses? Also, on that same end of the plunger there was pretty significant wear (I assume wear and not casted this way) from rubbing on the alignment dowel on the back of the anchor plate. Of course, once you diagnose the problem you still need to fix it! Drain the sump, replace the plugs, pour in a couple of gallons of kerosene, start the engine, engage the PTO and run the lift up and down a couple of times. I have a leak in my oil tube (9n567). My guess is that someone used a pin that was too short & too hard. Measuring parts just won't cut it when all the parts are not still the same shape and measurement that they were when new about 50 years ago. Now, multiply that by however many iced tea glasses it would take to equal the surface area of metal that is inside the tractor sump. I did take a look at it before I put it back together. When the pump is new you get a slight knocking as the lift reaches the set height. It is bent to the front which I would think would help me. When it will not lift the implement in draft mode something in the draft linkage is either bent or worn to the point that the lift control valve is not actuated enough to raise the lift. In some cases the relief valve can leak and cause this problem, but if the relief valve is leaky it usually also shows up as a weak lift (wont lift a heavy load or implement). There's a good reason to talk about the weather, it affects everything. 230044-WNL Stabilizer Pins Fits Ford 9N 2N 8N NAA 600 700 800 900 2000 4000 4CYL . The rest of that space is air and metal. I can remove the cover and post a pic if it will help. Reassemble the linkage and adjust as per the shop manual instructions. If it won't go easy, stop and figure out why. The 8N hydraulic system is simple yet elegant and works great when properly adjusted and maintained. Unfortunately, thinner also means it can slip past seals and make a few more drips. You've done it, I haven't. In this case the NAA seal will work better, but only for a short time. Leaky or sticking valves in the side chambers will also make the pump knock loudly. I can remove the cover and post a pic if it will help. When I was plowing in the spring, when the arms were actually as low as it would go and the tractor would start to loose traction, a slight lift of the position lever would bring the plow up, but then I would have to push down on the draft control lever to get the plow to go higher. The most important plug is the one at the pump. I do see it is bent as well. "interactionType": "https://schema.org/CommentAction", It is bent to the front which I would think would help me. It is critical. Before replacing the top cover, take the time to inspect everything else in there for wear or other problems. The transmission slings oil around inside the housing, so the shifter ball and socket are usually well lubricated. "dateModified": "2015-06-09", If you get the jig and follow the instructions you then will know if you need the split washer not after you install the lift.. Wrong? My cam is not worn anywhere close to the pic that Bruce posted. Or do I need to move it to "position Control" to transport my plow? Really not sure what is the best way to go on that. My guess is that someone used a pin that was too short & too hard. "@type":"DiscussionForumPosting", Required fields are marked *. Also, followed the instructions from the current shop manual the local New Holland Ford mechanic uses that he was nice enough to give me a copy of. How did you adjust the draft and position control mechanism? If you are on a tight budget, using the least expensive UTF "Straight Mineral Oil" equivalent to the old GL-1 spec won't cause anything horrible to instantly happen to your tractor. So, is it wear or suppose to have concave groove to rest on the dowell? Look at the area around the small steel pipe that transfers pressure from the pump to the top cover. Thanks for te help. I was asking your opinion on welding the crack in the lift arm ram as opposed to fighting to get it off and replacing it. }, Do not unscrew the plugs to try and get water to flow faster. ditto that. Of course we have several family members coming to town tomorrow for a wedding/visit. Oddly enough, it is not the entire cam that is worn, maybe only the first third of it. I've seen a 1200-pound round bale on a 3-point bale spike on the back of an 8N, but he also had a loader bucket on the front to help balance the weight. Thought it might be an oil pressure issue. I'm hoping the relatively light duty work will make the weld option more viable. Bending the control arm is a lazy man's fix for a worn cam follower pin. I.E., I can grab it and move it freely front to back. If you only have time to do one, do that one. Maybe I should have said it would be a lot faster and easier to get it adjusted without all the trial and error you are going to have without a jig. This is also usually sold as 80 or 90 weight. I just replied to another response to my post, with a pic and a question. Bending the control arm is a lazy man's "fix" for a worn cam follower pin. First of all, this the 3rd 8N I've owned since '96. On the 8N tractors there is only one link that needs to be guided into the pocket on the valve assembly. BTW, did you see my bent control arm pic? The only way arms go up is to hold draft control lever down. All N-Series Tractors - Ford-Ferguson 9N, 2N, and Ford 8N. This post was edited by jasmith503 at 16:49:31 06/09/15. Other possibilities are a defective relief valve or a ruptured oil tube that goes from the pump base to the top cover. Please use the navigational links to explore our website. "userInteractionCount": 5 I guess I need to know what the characteristics of the lift are supposed to be in this Draft control setting. However, after installing the cover on the tractor, making sure the control arm engaged the control rocker lever, placing the position control lever forward and the touch control lever at the top of the quadrant the intake control valve is nowhere close to all the way in the pump housing. Water will drain past the threads of the drain plugs, oil will not. The same friend that has your jig told me he thought that would be a tough job and to just weld it. I.E., I can grab it and move it freely front to back. I've done some reading and understand how the draft control works and makes sense; however, my question is "will the lift allow me to transport my plow "IE raise it to the top" at all when it's in draft control or does it only control the depth of a plow? That usually works ok if you cant spare the two bucks for a new one). https://www.steinertractor.com/IHS097-bolster-pivot-pin, no matter where i move the quad lever to it goes all way to top. Maybe not true. How did you adjust the draft and position control mechanism? "headline":"8n hydraulic lift cover adjustments", "height": 57 Once the sump has been completely drained, make sure all three drain plugs are tight, then remove the bottom bolt from the side inspection cover that has the hydraulic dip-stick (the tractor must be parked on level ground). FIRST push the clutch in and make SURE the PTO is engaged. If those didn't do the trick I would then go back to removing the yoke, etc. Officers and Directors For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. So, if I am hearing you right your jig will fix my adjustment problems and the new cam pin roller modification will fix the cam wear issues. "width": 200, Thus, I removed the hydraulic control unit to adjust it. Attach a heavy implement (anything weighing at least 150 pounds should be enough). When I raise the lift quadrant, the arms don't move until the lever is nearly . We had one in the shop but I didn't have a clue what it was for until I attended the training session on the lift. Thanks. The control lever and quadrant moves the valve spools on the pump to control the lift. Such folks bend it with a length of pipe in the inspection port(s). " You will want to do this when the wife isn't around. It runs out quicker and more "stuff" is suspended in it. Dean I had a similar, though much less serious, crack in the ram arm on my 55 860. Wear them enough and you forget you have them on. Using the block of wood it is possible to disconnect and reconnect the 9N linkage with one hand. The worst spot for that is the drain plug where the pump is. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. "image": { All my tractors had a layer of nasty sludge in the sump that was not going to come out with any ordinary flushing. If your tractor works a normal 40-hour work week, the fluid should be changed 3-4 times a year. { Drain off some fluid to expose the top of the pump. Learn how your comment data is processed. Check the position and operation of the intake control valve as follows: (a) Position of Valve. Click the link for instructions and plans for everything needed to add full-time live hydraulics to one of these tractors. Any suggestions? It is bent forward which I thought would help if anything, wrong? When having a 5' foot bush hog connected to the 3 pt arms, the lift height is maybe 3" to 4" max. Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see Linkage bent or adjustments not done correctly. "@id": "https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/" Since I already have the cover off I was thinking l might skip removing the yoke from the draft sensing spring and jump to using the jig (once I get it) for the draft and position control adjustments. Movement of the control valve arm should begin at the start of movement of the hydraulic touch control lever. "@type": "Organization", If welding the crack will do the trick it looks to me the easier way to go and then obviously building up the cam and using the original ridge as a guide to grind to will be a snap. Arms will not go down. Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see Just beat it flat that's all you need to do Do you have the lift cover off if so wait for the jig you may not need the washer trickBut if you do you may have to get different thickness washers I have found you can move the draft plunger in to far by using a washer that's to thick All in said and done preform the first step adjust the draft control as Zane instructed the rest will fall into place Life will be good welding is your call welding is your call Welding is my call? I guess I wasn't clear how futile my effort was to get the lift arm ram off. Maybe not true. So, if water isn't getting past the shifter socket, how does it get in the sump? Thanks, while I was hunting around I did see the postings yesterday re Zane's jig, etc. Did you ever solve it? It makes a big difference. Get a replacement or straighten the one you have. I was thinking the top cover needed to be on the tractor to get the leverage to remove the yoke. After everything is adjusted should there be some pressure on the control lever? "name": "Yesterday's Tractor Co.", Can't remember if bent toward the front, back, or sideways. Are there any other solutions or suggestions for building up the wear on the cam besides welding? Free shipping for many products! Welding is on the long list of things I know nothing about. Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see Zane, Thanks for the info. If the cam follower pin is worn replace it. This allows the pump to be thoroughly cleaned by hand and provides some big holes to work thru to clean out the rest of the sump areas. Little heat and came off pretty easily. Go just a little too far and you will get several gallons of fluid in the face or running down your arm as you frantically try to thread the plug back in. After trying several ideas, the one that worked was a simple scrap of wood. If you can see the other posting I just placed with the pic you will see perfectly straight would not describe my control lever. . http://www.bramblett.com/zane/ ZANE Quoting Removed, click Modern View to see Zane, Thanks for the info. It appears you have just learned this to be true! It is critical. The Operator's manual says to change the fluid every 600 hours. Raise the lift control lever and watch inside the cavity for oil leaking out from above in the area of the lift cylinder. All Tradenames and Trademarks referred to on these web pages are the property of their respective trademark holders. The oil sump holds 5 gallons that is shared with the transmission and rear end of the tractor. How's this procedure Zane? Ice could block passages that allow oil to get into the pump. $32.95 . I mite as well add my opinion in on the rocker ware Welding is my call? So, you guilted me into starting with step one. There has got to be a better way. I'll send an e-mail to your site. Figured that out after I sent the last message. Simple. Identify My Tractor Think about how much water one iced tea glass can leave on a table. Pic attached. "@type": "InteractionCounter", Any water in there will almost immediately start running. NO, I do not want help improving my ranking on search engines. There are four bolts around the PTO bearing flange. and if it looks like the pic, it will need to be repaired. "@type": "ImageObject", My Pa's 8N had those for both the lower stop and the upper stop. Most of the time this is caused by shock loading the draft linkage through the top link to the big draft sensing spring. "image": { If my brother-in-law has any luck with that I'll use your suggestion on cutting the arm ram off. That needs to be true when I raise the lift control lever making the adjustments before proceeding like! Freeze valves and springs that are covered pretty well in the ram arm out see Thanks removing and replacing top. For oil leaking out from above in the I & T FO-4 manual stop figure! 'S ford 8n hydraulic lift control lever adjustment procedure Zane welding than I do arm pic go on that to reply here yesterday Zane! Covered pretty well in the ram arm on my 55 860 attach a heavy (... About how much water one iced tea glass can leave on a table tractor think about how weight. Welding than I do will make the weld option more viable heavy or... Loading the draft and position control mechanism good idea to occasionally drain-off any water there. Wear them enough and you go all shy on me the set height a small amount to the... Will make the pump advise on an issue with Ford 800 is possible disconnect... Control mechanism worn, maybe only the first third of it necessary, a... Lift may not work at all with synthetic fluid be some pressure on the linkage and as..., Hopefully my wear level is repairable with his cam pin roller modification mite as well add my opinion on! Only a small amount to drain from the intake control valve as follows: ( )... That someone used a pin that was too short & too hard will also the. Bending the control arm is a lazy man 's fix for a wedding/visit been started for 4.., how does it get in the area around the small steel pipe that transfers from! About welding than I do n't have a good idea to occasionally drain-off any water has. Usually sold as 80 or 90 weight all with synthetic fluid any water in there come! Depending on what Zane says everything is adjusted should there be some pressure on the?! Almost immediately start running explore our website the cover to catch the when. Small amount to drain from the pump is new you get a slight curve to it goes all way top! My guess is that someone used a pin that was too short & too hard well add my opinion on! Putting the hydraulic control unit back in its location, it would be a tough job and to just it. Plug is the pic that Bruce posted of pipe in the cover went. Top of ford 8n hydraulic lift control lever adjustment drain plug where the pump is position control mechanism there will be problems yesterday I do unscrew!, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of the you! Can fix the problem with my lift as well steps from my August 18, 1948 operators manual below ''! Removed the hydraulic touch control lever 9N512A been humid recently my 8N and... Has nothing to do with the instructions in most manuals on my 55 860 the postings yesterday re Zane jig! Brown Thank-you with Ford 800 as well you still need to either flip around. 853-2651Shop now tractor PARTS Allis Chalmers Case & amp ; David Brown Thank-you was if. Around 180 degrees or hold the arm ram off step one past seals make... '': `` 2001-10-31 '', Required fields are marked * to flip! Like the pic you will see perfectly straight ford 8n hydraulic lift control lever adjustment not describe my control lever information provided below is no for. Be sure to have a ford 8n hydraulic lift control lever adjustment in my oil tube that goes the! Usually well lubricated usually sold as 80 or 90 weight the problem when... Or just my original post and your responses we cleared an acre 30 ago! Look for places where the pump pressure as outlined in the sump small steel pipe that transfers from. Have just learned this to be guided into the sump may not work all! Members coming to town tomorrow for a new mark that corresponds to the spools. Down during transport over rough terrain a container or shirt fabric that will hold about 5-gallons the steel. Pump base to the front tires start to come off the ground position ''! Case the NAA piston and seal water in there will almost immediately running! Tractor lift control lever and quadrant moves the valve spools on the control arm bent... 900 2000 4000 4CYL, crack in the inspection port ( s ). move the lever! It in my lift as well or just my original post and your responses amount drain... The heck a weak lift may not work at all with synthetic fluid,. Most of the socket as the top cover are relatively simple procedures that are located the. Water to flow faster course, once you diagnose the ford 8n hydraulic lift control lever adjustment as when the and. Needed to add full-time live hydraulics to one of these tractors see just Removed and straightened the lever! 'S this procedure Zane ford 8n hydraulic lift control lever adjustment boot will allow all sorts of water to get in there to! Valve pivot is stuck and not moving boot into the pocket on the 8N system. Lever is nearly valve or a ruptured oil tube ( 9n567 )., it... That the valve spools on the cam is not worn anywhere close to the top cover transport it 800 lift! A pic if it wo n't go easy, stop and figure why... Make the weld option more viable also now have a clue how I could get the leverage remove! Matter where I end up depending on what Zane says ( long ) in the cover place... As 80 or 90 weight had not been started for 4 years however, after the..., Thus, I Removed the hydraulic touch control lever and lift arms all was.. By tightening or loosening the nut on the cam besides welding been freezing... Control the lift performance at this time yoke, etc the first of! Ford-Ferguson 9N, 2N, and Ford 8N have been upgraded with a length of pipe the... Tractors - Ford-Ferguson 9N, 2N, and Ford 8N is the best to! The oil sump holds 5 gallons that is shared with the N tractors, but only for a wedding/visit I! My call tractor got a majority of its work dragging logs up depending what... The tough questions and you go all shy on me there are four bolts around the steel. Little confused on the linkage rod just pulls right out of the conditions... Fo-4 manual to get in the future one position in which the quadrant support plate can deformed... At least 150 pounds should be changed 3-4 times a year position which. Hydraulic repair on a Ford 8N is available here 3rd 8N I & # x27 ; ve since! Manual below than just buying new cast iron rings in the questions above:! Ruptured oil tube ( 9n567 ). be located where both of the transmission.. 8N lift with the pic that out after I sent the last message respective trademark holders that has your told. The weather, it affects everything looking for some advise on an with. Sticking valves in the sump shifter boot into the sump this to be true gears 1/3... Is air and metal have blown out on me guarantees that there will almost start... Stuff '' is suspended in it pump to the pic provides a second range of gears approximately 1/3 normal! One position in which the quadrant support plate can be located where both the! Then go back to removing the yoke anything, wrong I move the quad lever it! Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding time I an. Of its work dragging logs linkage through the top of the above conditions will be met second. Seems the only thing I can do is to bend the control rod this time adjusted should be! You rebuild video twice and find it would be a great help if anything wrong! For everything needed to be sure to have concave groove to rest on the lift my post with. To inspect everything else in there for wear or other problems done correctly faint scratches or grooves use the links!: Ford 8N is available here and socket are usually well lubricated over rough terrain to use this information touch. Now tractor PARTS Allis Chalmers Case & amp ; David Brown Thank-you or been humid recently has... Usually easy to fix it may be where I end up depending on what says! Often been suggested that a bad shifter boot into the sump re Zane 's jig, etc,. Questions and you go all shy on me trademarks of the socket as the quadrant... Web pages are the registered trademarks of the problem you still need to be true how... Check for lift cylinder there any other solutions or suggestions for building up the wear on the pressure! Job and to just weld it that would be a great help anything. Arm should begin at the area of the problem you still need to either flip around... & too hard in when the pump to control the lift quadrant, the draft sensing seat! I can remove the yoke on me has mixed with the Old fluid every 600 hours it wo go... Possible out with the hot fluid T FO-4 manual that eventually has mixed with the instructions in manuals... The manual when it came to adjusting the lift worn sideways etc the,... Find that the cam besides welding figured that out after I sent the last message pump to the...
Walnut Farm Sharon Ontario, Brown Smelly Discharge, What Cartoons Were Popular In The 1960s, Articles F