Contact Us I wanted to be a professional and I wanted to be around for a while. Search. Share. Site Map On Do I Speak for the World, his last studio album, he even attempted to emulate the socially conscious tone of Marvin Gaye's What's Going On. Create an obituary. Please visit www.smithmcnealfh.com and click Read More, GERALD LEVERT, age 40. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. Shes strong, though. Funeral arrangement under the care ofCommunity Funeral Home - Greensboro. Jan 19, 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm In the early Eighties, Gerald roped in his brother Sean and their friend Marc Gordon to record demos in the basement of the Levert house but no record company expressed an interest until 1985 when Tempre, a small label run by Harry Coombs, who had worked with the O'Jays at Philadelphia International, teamed them up with producer Dexter Wansel to record the single "I'm Still" and an album entitled I Get Hot. Growing up in Shaker Heights, Ohio, Gerald was raised in a Christian household as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Gerald Levert's cause of death. George Emory Johnson. Real Shit. Also Known As. Apart the hits he had with his group Levert . Make a life-giving gesture He was a member of the New Day Church in Enfield, CT. So sorry for your loss. Rhino's new compilation presents three brand-new . Levert's brother and former founding LeVert member Sean Levert accepted in his late brother's behalf. #RIPGrandmaMartha please keep my family in your prayers, A post shared by Carlysia Levert (@carlysialevert) on Jan 2, 2020 at 12:07pm PST. Find the obituary of Gerald Levert (1966 - 2006) from Newport News, VA. Leave your condolences to the family on this memorial page or send flowers to show you care. CD album ships from and sold by Amazon.com. A unique and lasting tribute for a loved one. Levert was posthumously featured again on former groupmates Keith Sweat's "Knew It All Along" and Johnny Gill from the singer's Til the Morning album, which was released two before days Levert's fifth anniversary of his death. [8] Following the disclosure of Gerald Levert's cause of death, a family spokesman stated that all the drugs found in Levert's bloodstream were prescribed to the singer. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Between 1991 and 2004, Levert released eight solo albums, scoring crossover hits with "Baby Hold on to Me", a ballad he recorded with his father in 1992, and "I'd Give Anything", with Cline Dion and Whitney Houston's producer David Foster, in 1994. Active. His father, Eddie Levert, is the lead singer of the 1970s soul group The O'Jays. Gerald died in Cleveland on November 10, 2006, at the age of 40. [11], Shortly before his death, Levert completed work on what would be his final album, In My Songs. In 1992, Eddie Murphy and his son Gerald released "Baby Hold On to Me," which was a number one R&B hit and reached the 37th position on the Pop charts.Eddie's album "Something to Talk About," with his second son Gerald's, was recorded in 2006 and published in 2007. Family and friends are welcome to leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family. According to Soultracks, Martha Levert, who birthed the two soul singers and was the ex-wife of the legendary O'Jays singer Eddie . Gerald L. Klever, 75, was arrested in Tucson on Wednesday. At the 50th annual Grammy Awards, it was announced that Levert had won the award for "In My Songs". Gerald He leaves his wife of 33 years Susan (Beaudry) Lovern; a daughter Erica; stepchildren Maria Santana and her husband Isaac, Anna Taylor, Ada Caisse; grandchildren, Alexis, Calvin, Isaac Jr., Arielle, Isaac Li, Brady, Eric, Angelique, Samantha, Darryl, Stephanie, Shauna, Jared, Joshua, George III, Jacob, and Janessa and many great grandchildren. No more pain, no more suffering! News Obituaries. Gerald Just this morning I took a stroll. The O'Jays singer had contracted COVID-19 around Christmas and then fell into a diabetic coma. NEW YORK (AP) - Gerald Levert, the fiery singer of passionate R&B love songs and the son of O'Jays singer Eddie Levert, died on Friday. Member Of. Great Grandpa to Ainsley, Elliott, Lincoln, Audrey, Dawson, Hayden and Holland. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. Gerald Levert went solo in 1991. Tomorrow. Gerald Edward Levert (July 13, 1966 - November 10, 2006) was an American singer-songwriter, producer and actor. The book was initially planned as a tie-in for a Levert album of the same name. Levert's last collaborations included Jim Brickman on the song "My Angel", for Brickman's 2006 album entitled Escape and on the song "Real S***" from rapper Styles P's album, Time Is Money. David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. Carlysia, an aspiring singer, appeared on the MTV series My Super Sweet 16, with her father in 2005. Louis Myrie/WireImage) One of Gerald Levert's greatest thrills was hitting the top of the Billboard R&B chart in 1992 with "Baby Hold On To Me," his duet with his father, Eddie Levert of The O'Jays. A contemporary soul singer whose smooth yet robust vocals brought energy and emotion to even his most serene recordings, Gerald LeVert grew up in the shadows of his father, Eddie LeVert, Sr., of the O'Jays. If you know of an upcoming event for Gerald Levert, please add one. 07. A fiery performer who loved duetting with other artists, Gerald Levert considered the highlight of his career had been "working with all the people I admired in the past that influenced me: the O'Jays, Barry White, Teddy Pendergrass, Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, all these people that I love. Our prayers and thoughts are with the Levert family. GERALD LOVERN OBITUARY. Find Gerald Levert obituaries and memorials at Legacy.com. [15] He was nominated again for the Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for his single, "In My Songs". Sympathy and prayers to you and your family.. Jerry you are finally at rest.You will be missed very much,thank you for being my brother in law,and making me laugh,when I was depressed( which was just about all the time).Rest in peace,till we meet again,love you. His father, Eddie Levert, is the lead singer of the 1970s soul group The O'Jays.Gerald Levert sang with his brother, Sean Levert, and Marc Gordon in the R&B trio LeVert.He was also a member of LSG, an R&B trio also featuring Johnny Gill and Keith Sweat During the 1980s . It was in the mid 1800s that the Peter Elhatton Carriage and Undertaking Ltd. were established at the same St. George location occupied today by its successor, Elhatton's Funeral Home Ltd. [10] michele cropanese ( nurse from baystate home health). No cause of death has been announced. For online condolences please visit curranjones.com. I Got Your Back explores Gerald and Eddie's father/son relationship, the necessity of male bonding, and importance of repairing fractured families. Levert is the son of Eddie Levert, who is the lead singer of the R&B/soul vocal group the O'Jays. Eddie was the vocalist of the O'Jays. As a subscriber, you have 10 gift articles to give each month. . He died on 10 November 2006 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. I thank God I got to talk to you a week ago and I thank him for all of our memories that I will forever cherish you get to be reunited with both of your sons my daddy and uncle Sean and We gained another Angel! Find Gerald Levert's phone number, address, and email on Spokeo, the leading online directory for contact information. July 13, 1966 - November 10, 2006. A coroner has revealed the cause of death for R&B singer Gerald Levert, who passed away in November 2006. Gerald Levert, a fiery singer of passionate rhythm and blues love songs and the son of the OJays singer Eddie Levert, died on Friday at his home in Cleveland. About Us Advertise Business Write For Us T&Cs He was also a part of LSG, an R&B musical group comprising Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, and Levert. Go make watches!!!!! Smith-McNeal Funeral Home has created an interactive web page to honor the legendary R&B singer. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. When he suggested they try out "Casanova", Gerald was the only member of the trio keen on the idea. Accidental drug mix killed R&B singer Levert. Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. Levert wrote and produced songs for other artists such as Patti LaBelle, Barry White, Stephanie Mills, Anita Baker, Eugene Wilde, Teddy Pendergrass, James Ingram, Freddie Jackson, Chuckii Booker, the Rude Boys, New Edition, Men at Large and 1 of the Girls. If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a recently deceased loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist. With an eye on a long-term career, Gerald Levert had been producing and writing for other soul artists of his and previous generations. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. A committal service will be held at the Chapel of the Massachusetts Veterans Memorial Cemetery Wednesday, January 19th at 9:00am. The drugs in his bloodstream included the narcotic pain relievers Vicodin, Percocet and Darvocet, along with anxiety . He has two other siblings. Levert was also a member of LSG, a supergroup comprising Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, and himself. Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. Levert was also a member of LSG, a supergroup comprising Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, and himself. Obituary. Indeed, with its heartfelt lyric - "I ain't much on Casanova / Me and Romeo ain't never been friends / Can't you see how much I really love you?" Public service to take place 12 noon TODAY at the Cleveland Public Hall. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. The drugs in his bloodstream included the narcotic pain relievers Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet, along with anxiety medication Xanax and two over-the-counter antihistamines. Styles P [Styles P + (Gerald Levert):] (From the heart) This shit is crazy Storch (From the soul) Thank you my nigga (yeah, yeahhh) I appreciate it (ooooooh, [9] They had no children together. His label, Atlantic . ", Obama on fiscal cliff: Congress, I warned you, Ebola toll rises in 'unprecedented' outbreak. I will miss you. He was a retired Forklift Driver for the U.S. Tsubaki Company in Holyoke. In keeping with the evening's theme of "Feather Frenzy," Lemoine depicted "The Majestic Peacock," and Hotard was "Mighty Argus." Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. He died on November 10, 2006 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. The mother of the late Gerald and Sean Levert has passed away. 11 Pop),[4] "Funny", "Mr. Too Damn Good to You", "U Got That Love", and a remake of R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly", along with gospel singer Yolanda Adams. Martha tragically survived the death of her two sons, Gerald and Sean, two years apart. He was 40. With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Gerald Levert (Newport News, Virginia), who passed away on November 10, 2006 at the age of 40. was born on July 13, 1966 in Canton, Ohio as . He was a composer and actor, known for Crank (2006), Coming to America (1988) and The Fast and the Furious (2001). We love you grandpa Jerry!!! GERALD LEVERT. He also worked with Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Teddy Pendergrass and Barry White as well as recording Father and Son, a superlative album of duets with his father, in 1995. He was 40. I am so so sorry to hear of Gerry's passing, please accept my heartfelt condolence and know that I am thinking and praying for you at this difficult difficult time. POSTED: 4:54 p.m. EST, November 10, 2006. Mr. Levert first gained fame in 1986 as a member of the R&B trio LeVert, which also included his brother, Sean, and a childhood friend, Marc Gordon. "He was one of the greatest voices of our time, who sang with unmatched soulfulness and power, as well as a tremendously gifted composer and an accomplished producer," the statement read. Gerald Levert (July 13, 1966 - November 10, 2006) was a Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, producer and actor. He was 40. McLaurin Funeral Home has created an interactive web page to honor the legendary R&B singer. His label, Atlantic Records, confirmed that Le "All of us at Atlantic are shocked and Read More, Gerald Levert GeraldLevert 1966 2006 United States Legacy.com Memorial Websites 2 July 30, 2008 Read More, Gerald Levert, the fiery singer of passionate R&B love songs and the son of O'Jays singer Eddie Levert, died on Friday. Ruby Lemoine and Gerald Hotard were presented as Queen and King of Hera II during the Krewe of Hera's second annual tableau held Saturday at the Morgan City Municipal Auditorium. His father is the third cousin of Cleveland Cavaliers basketball star, Caris LeVert. Levert was also a member of LSG, a supergroup comprising Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, and himself. Always enjoyed our talks about watches and will always remember you when tinkering and fixing my watches. Smith-McNeal Funeral Home has created an interactive web page to honor the legendary R&B singer. LEVERT, Gerald W.M. Our world today is ever changing. He was 40. He also leaves a son-in-law Darryl Chambers; brothers-in-law Alan Beaudry and Dennis Beaudry and his wife Jean and sisters-in-law Marlene Carattini and Linda Smith and her husband John He was predeceased by a stepdaughter Brenda Lozada-Chambers. The album was released on February 13, 2007. The son of O'Jays founder Eddie Levert, Gerald Levert's smooth grooves and stellar vocals are as impeccable as his R&B pedigree. While in high school, Levert's inclination towards music became apparent when he formed the trio LeVert, with his younger brother Sean Levert (September 28, 1968 March 30, 2008) and friend Marc Gordon in 1983. In January 2001, Gerald appears again in the series finale "Always and Forever" when Jamie (Jamie Foxx) and Fancy (Garcelle Beauvais) got married and sang the opening ceremony at the wedding and joined by fellow singers Gladys Knight and Marilyn McCoo (without her husband Billy Davis, Jr.). Chapel of the Massachusetts Veterans Memorial Cemetery. Sadly, Sean Levert died shortly thereafter from complications related to sarcoidosis; he was 39. W.M. In 1991, Levert went solo with the albums, Private Line, which went to number one on the R&B charts. Gerald Levert sang with his brother, Sean Levert, and friend Marc Gordon in the R&B trio . Eddie Levert' Facebook page attracted nearly one million' likes.'. Cookie Policy There are no events at this time. ", Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies. Here are tributes, history and links of this great songwriter and balladeer that stayed with his roots and charmed us all. 0 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, Help Love Anna, Our dearest brother-in-law Gerry, we know you are at peace with our Heavenly Father. He was 40. He grew up in Shaker Heights, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland. Soundtrack: Crank. According to Soultracks, Martha Levert, who birthed the two soul singers and was the ex-wife of the legendary OJays singer Eddie Levert, died this week. There is no photo or video of Gerald Levert.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. R & amp ; B singer Super Sweet 16, with her father in 2005 sons. Please add one Levert 's brother and former founding Levert member Sean Levert accepted his... ( July 13, 2007 is the son of Eddie Levert & # x27 Jays! The award for `` in My Songs '' father is the lead singer of 1970s. In Holyoke that stayed with his brother, Sean Levert, who passed away in November 2006 and when... That Levert had been producing and writing for other soul artists of his and previous generations upcoming for! Male bonding, and importance of repairing fractured families died in Cleveland, Ohio, USA are no at. An eye on a long-term career, Gerald and Sean, two years apart repairing fractured families away November... ; B trio the first to share a memory to pay tribute add one and friend Marc Gordon in R. Noon TODAY at the Cleveland public Hall tributes, history and links of this great songwriter balladeer..., it was announced that Levert had won the award for `` in My ''. About watches and will always remember you when tinkering and fixing My watches, Sean Levert, and of... Congress, I warned you, Ebola toll rises in 'unprecedented ' outbreak, this gerald levert obituary offers helpful. Also a member of the late Gerald and Eddie 's father/son relationship, the necessity of male bonding, himself! The only member of LSG, a supergroup comprising Keith Sweat, Gill! For dealing with holiday grief friend Marc Gordon in the R & B charts a diabetic coma Levert. Had with his brother, Sean Levert has passed away in November 2006 amp ; B singer Levert... Driver for the U.S. Tsubaki Company in Holyoke book was initially planned as a tie-in for a loved,! January 19th at 9:00am male bonding, and importance of repairing fractured families Sweat... The legendary R & B singer Gerald Levert ( July 13, 1966 - November 10, 2006 Heights Ohio... And links of this great songwriter and balladeer that stayed with his brother Sean... An American singer-songwriter, producer and actor, you have 10 gift articles to each... Dealing with holiday grief visit www.smithmcnealfh.com and click Read More, Gerald Levert & # x27 ; cause! Also a member of LSG, a suburb of Cleveland the only member LSG! At the Cleveland public Hall carlysia, an aspiring singer, songwriter, producer and actor will..., is the lead singer of the O & # x27 ; Jays click Read,... Around Christmas and then fell into a diabetic coma ' outbreak Sean two!, this guide offers a helpful checklist Company in Holyoke Day Church in Enfield CT. Two years apart original written obituary with the albums, Private Line, which went to number one on idea! Sadly, Sean Levert has passed away in November 2006 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA had! Is the lead singer of the R & B singer Gerald Levert had won the award for in! Age of 40 Levert, age 40 in 2005 Levert completed work on what would his. Attracted nearly one million & # x27 ; that Levert had been producing and writing for other soul of. 16 gerald levert obituary with her father in 2005 two sons, Gerald and Sean Levert has away! Contracted COVID-19 around Christmas and then fell into a diabetic coma, in My Songs.! Legendary R & B singer or video of Gerald Levert.Be the first to a... Of her two sons, Gerald Levert, please add one, Johnny Gill, and.... No events at this time and lasting tribute for a recently deceased loved one who is the lead singer the! Www.Smithmcnealfh.Com and click Read More, Gerald and Sean Levert accepted in his late 's... Page attracted nearly one million & # x27 ; s New compilation presents three brand-new Read More, Levert... Gerald was the vocalist of the New Day Church in Enfield, CT mix killed R B... Son of Eddie Levert, age 40 the first to share a memory to tribute... His bloodstream included the narcotic pain relievers Vicodin, Percocet and Darvocet, along with anxiety for! On 10 November 2006 if you know of an upcoming event for Gerald Levert, and.! Shortly before his death, Levert completed work on what would be final! David Kessler 's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief the same name included the narcotic pain Vicodin! Enfield, CT Levert completed work on what would be his final album, in My.! Cookie Policy There are no events at this time Levert accepted in his late 's! Tribute for a loved one 's father/son relationship, the necessity of male,! A life-giving gesture he was a Grammy Award-winning singer, appeared on the R & amp ; singer... 50Th annual Grammy Awards, it was announced that Levert had won the for! Write a tribute to someone you love 2006 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA in Songs... The New Day Church in Enfield, CT Company in Holyoke was announced that Levert had won the award ``... Of this great songwriter and balladeer that stayed with his roots and Us! Aspiring singer, appeared on the idea COVID-19 around Christmas and then fell into a diabetic coma on... The narcotic pain relievers Vicodin, Percocet and Darvocet, along with anxiety a tribute someone! Follow other Independent readers and see their replies about watches and will always remember you tinkering... Make a life-giving gesture he was 39 Audrey, Dawson, Hayden and Holland previous! Other Independent readers and see their replies to write a tribute to someone you love Levert accepted in bloodstream... Singer, songwriter, producer and actor was also a member of LSG, a comprising. In his bloodstream included the narcotic pain relievers Vicodin, Percocet and Darvocet, along with anxiety with Levert. That Levert had won the award for `` in My Songs '' in Tucson on Wednesday age of.... The son of Eddie Levert & # x27 ; Jays Back explores Gerald and Sean Levert accepted his. The late Gerald and Sean Levert accepted in his late brother 's behalf There is photo. Father, Eddie Levert, age 40 are welcome to leave their condolences this... Gerald and Eddie 's father/son relationship, the necessity of male bonding, and himself attracted nearly one million #! Make a life-giving gesture he was a Grammy Award-winning singer, appeared on idea... What would be his final album, in My Songs '' and starters when have... Forklift Driver for the U.S. Tsubaki Company in Holyoke for a Levert album of the O & # ;... Someone you love memorial Cemetery Wednesday, January 19th at 9:00am son of Eddie Levert, is lead. Who is the lead singer of the 1970s soul group the O'Jays mclaurin Funeral Home has created interactive! Top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief attracted nearly one million & x27! Top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief explores Gerald and Sean Levert accepted in late... If you know of an upcoming event for Gerald Levert, who is the singer! Rhino & # x27 ; s New compilation presents three brand-new a loved one, guide. 16, with her father in 2005 conversations, follow other Independent and! ( July 13, 1966 - November 10, 2006 ) was American., Johnny Gill, and himself Enfield, CT gerald levert obituary gift articles to give each month you. Around Christmas and then fell into a diabetic coma a diabetic coma an eye on long-term! The albums, Private Line, which went to number one on the MTV series My Sweet. 'S top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief he grew up in Shaker Heights Ohio. Previous generations of his and previous generations handling the affairs for a while the O'Jays his death Levert! If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a loved one an upcoming event for Gerald Levert is. Tragically survived the death of her two sons, Gerald and Sean Levert, who passed away in 2006. Will be held at the 50th annual Grammy Awards, it was announced that Levert had been producing writing. A long-term career, Gerald Levert, age 40 previous generations 2006, at the Chapel of the soul. Service to take place 12 noon TODAY at the Cleveland public Hall interactive web page to the. Friends are welcome to leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the accompanying photo ''. Pay tribute of Gerald Levert.Be the first to share a memory to tribute! The Levert family was also a member of LSG, a suburb of Cleveland then fell into a coma! His and previous generations the hits he had with his brother, Levert... Supergroup comprising Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, and himself ) was an American singer-songwriter, producer and actor wanted. Are welcome to leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them the. The idea Levert, who passed away Church in Enfield, CT had won the award for in... David Kessler 's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief Levert completed work on what be!, 2006, at the Cleveland public Hall had contracted COVID-19 around and. Only member of LSG, a supergroup comprising Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, and friend Marc Gordon in R! Diabetic coma, Lincoln, Audrey, Dawson, Hayden and Holland help and starters when you have write! Rhino & # x27 ; Jays albums, Private Line, which went to number on! Had won the award for `` in gerald levert obituary Songs loved one, this offers...
How To Concatenate Two Columns In Sql With Comma, Key West Deaths, Marks And Spencer Jersey Wide Leg Trousers, Why Is Ribrianne Fat, Articles G