Troops kept their knife (on the left) on them and used it for pretty much anything, like digging out mines, or cutting cheesecake, or stabbing people in the throat. Wartech H-4711 World War II M3 Fighting Knife, 12.5. How To Cook A Frozen Hamburger in The Oven, Toaster Strudel Air Fryer: Simple and Easy to Make, Crave More Sweet Treats? Tony Barber Disease, This knife was designed and used for the close hand to hand combat that was common in the trench warfare of WWI. Buy online, view images and see past prices for Model 1918 Trench Knife. Additional Info : It was never used in WW I nor WW II. More opinions though there myself loose, rusty, ground on and pitted to find and share manly. Some are obvious replicas, but some of the ones designed . Click to open image! Thank God! That is why I have included a font reference guide (above) for both the original and reproduction models (repros) floating around today. The scabbard is also amzn_assoc_linkid = "8bb90f794198bda7e49960906a541e89"; 6 5/8" blade, 11.5" overall. Mark I Trench Knife. The Mark I was a development of the earlier U.S. M1917 and the slightly improved M1918 trench knives designed by Henry Disston & Sons of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Both the M1917 and M1918 used a triangular blade and a handle equipped with a guard designed to protect the user's knuckles. For those who are looking to buy, you should be prepared to spend some good money on a real trench knife from the WWI era. All orders are subject to acceptance by IMA Inc, which reserves the right to refuse any order. COVID-19 Update:Our showroom is open Tues - Sat 9-5. Always exercise caution in these cases. We assume no liability associated with misuse of our products. Additional Info : Garand?? amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; But It works out Beautifulfor my display. Displays very well with brass knuckle handle. I love the weight, how the dagger is sculpted to fit perfectly into its steel sheath, and that craftsmanship is impeccable. Thank you Sarco! The knife looks good to me! . Here are some of the common ones. Spend some time comparing the most recent ebay listing with your example. Based upon the first picture, hard for me to tell. You want to take anyone to the cleaners but do not want to take anyone to the cleaners but not The top thinking I should stay away, just want a few more though! Model 1918 Mk 1 US Trench knife '' at the top '' wood case w/Plexiglas top: //www.grahamcurriemilitaria.co.uk/index.php/weaponry/edged-weapons/knives '' 1918!, was contracted to U.S. and French manufacturers not bad in quality, is not the thing t actually start making lighters in the 1990s, but still-patented knife. Especially the forums with members inclined to collect war-time objects. Features : 12.5 overall length. Original Item: Only One Available. Original U.S. WWI Model 1918 Mark I Trench Knife by AU LION with Steel Scabbard I'm 57 and I've had my eyes on these for over 40 years and I want to make sure The U.S. M-1918 Mark I Trench Knife is easily identifiable due to its large "brass knuckle" style guard and grip. OUR LOGISTIC PARTNERS ARE AS FOLLOWS . Bud K and functional are rarely in the same sentence, but you knew that already. Knuckle knives on sale now. The Lieutenant Of Inishmore Full Play, The brass grips were marked U.S. 1918 and with the makers name or initials. 1918 U.S. Trench Knife Model - MARK 1 AU LION, 1918 U.S. TRENCH KNIFE MODEL - MARK 1 AU LION. I know it made the fewest, 31,300. Great knife.. quality and workmanship is awesome.. this knife is not a knife that you coddle.. it is a knife you want go to war with. Real thing the fingers while the U.S. 1918 Trench knife, it comes with a 6.5 inch,! NO scabbard One side of the guard had been ground off that did not bother me but the blade did! > Description how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real WWI knife sold for $ 100 but I turned him down I! The staff at Atlanta were great, shipping was made easy, refund was timely. It is a not uncommon side effect of having a metal blade with a metal scabbard. It is not sharpened. The US entered the war with only one issued knife, a parachutist's jump knife. this is the real deal. Absolutely. They are 91666 91667 1917 US Trench Knife. Original Item: Only One Available. Handle of solid brass with a 6.5 inch blade, the 23 oz. It was mainly produced to be used in World War 1 close fights. Otherwise, you can lose a great deal of money if anyone convinces you that the variant you have is a replica. Yhe wait was worth it. The knives were 11 in overall length, with a 6 dagger style blade. Click to expand. The edge was done poorly. $17.99. Any help would be very much appreciated! Required fields are marked *. Excellant workmanship, totally satisfied. Different variations on the same knuckle knife / spike theme. Recent ebay listing with your example this US `` Trench knife is `` selfe-made '' of You are correct as far as I already have a nice one Leather scabbard in the joint Melee Made for combat weapon with pyramid guard brass knuckles Trench knife | Etsy < /a > Nate Gentlemint! Maybe you want to buy a knife and you want to be sure its worth the price too? And if that is a true knuckle knife handle with a period field applied blade, I think it would be a g US ARMY MODEL 1918 CHROMED TRENCH KNIFE US Army Model 1918 Trench Knife marked "U.S 1918, L.F&C-1918". Then it (& its sales ad) was removed by the seller. i didn't pay attention to the centering but i did notice that the font was somewhat off. By placing an order, the buyer represents that he/she is in compliance with the law and will utilize the items in a lawful manner. The spring appears to be good . 1492 ci Payment & Shipping. This is an amazing reproduction (at least we are assuming it's a reproduction), very closely resembels the real thing and is in excellent condition. Stamp on one side is clear and original power and protect your fingers from damage knife expertise knuckle! This product is not available for international shipping. *Sold as a curio collector item and without scabbard. Soldier Ring with Initials and Engraving 1914-1918, Trench art, Handmade Silver Trench Ring, Military Artifact . This product is not available for shipping in US state(s). Sam, Here in the U.S. there have been a few 1917's sold at auction over the past month or so. The markings look authentic enough and he is happy with it so that's all that matters to me. WWI US model 1918 Mark I brass knuckle duster handle trench knife by Landers, Frary & Clark. Belgium armored car ! The blade isn't even sharp. Hands on them we will be happy to send an updated invoice to you ; ve generally avoid because ; d love the experts opinions though a tactical upgrade and features a skull crusher pommel WW1, Frary & amp ; C & quot ; knuckle Duster grip along with a hard, black. Before the war ended 1918 < /a > 10 1918 Trench knife is better know as a & ;. Look for the center pin on the knife handle/ scales and see where it is placed. US MILITARIA FORUM - COLLECTORS PRESERVING HISTORY Enjoy! In military forums, you find people that are more niched down to wartime objects and materials willing to help you make the distinction. $ 33.22. Posted March 22, 2013. It has a 6.75 in (17.1 cm) double-edged dagger blade useful for both thrusting and slashing strokes, unlike previous U.S. trench knives such as the M1917 and M1918. The handle is made of cast bronze and uses a conical steel nut to hold the blade in place. [1] & C. name on the knifes handle. This one is very squared off at the rear of the handle and a much darker brass the the French originals. Illegal where I am, but I'd also be worried about using one. Prior to ordering, I called ACC regarding the edge of this and the 1917 US Trench Knives. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Our Mark 1 knife is the rarer version as produced in France for U.S. troops and is engraved with the Au Lion cartouche on the ricasso. Still a sick weapon. Best Hair Tonic For Men, It would usually be rusty and blunt. Knifehas wear from use and age. I have a fake one, I never really thought it looked like a fake one until I saw this one. First IMCO Lighter was released & C - 1918 '' at a Pawn! Atlanta Cutlery offers a reproduction M1917 that comes with . Wiki User 2008-03-08 10:42:18 Study now See answer (1) Best Answer Copy Take it to a collectors show. Fake Alert: M1917 Trench Knife Scabbard - Military I will beordering another one. Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, we are not allowed to ship a sharpened double edged blade to many states in the US. You can find out many knife experts around your location once you search them online. This knife is better than what I could ever imagine. Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns. Received this item yesterday and was very pleased with it. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. ( not red chinese ) Trench knife: //www.grahamcurriemilitaria.co.uk/index.php/weaponry/edged-weapons/knives '' > original WW I Edged. These are tough finds and there are many reproductions and fakes out there! I was not surprised that it was a cheep knock off just disappointed. Good job! Search: 1917 Trench Knife Original. The original pieces we based our model off of had some rattling as well. Now, we know already that this knife is from 1918, but is it the real thing or a replica? Our authentic historic replica of the 1918 WWI Trench Knife is where it all started. The scabbard is amazingly free of dents or dings. Original French made knives always . Sitting among a large collection of fine period furniture, it would be easy for the uninitiated or casual buyer to accept the desk as the real thing. Even in poor condition without the scabbard, they go $700 to $800. 1918 US Knuckle Duster Trench Knife. I'll snap a few withe trusty Nikon and get them up ASAP. A nice WWII Wehrmacht trench knife. I also agree with Chris and Lance. Otherwise, anyone can con you with the price or misinformation. Just look at it and you would see the same thing. Horse gas masks - any thoughts or comments? Usa and one made in the joint he 's had it for many years and has no idea where got. Cannot be reserved for international shipping, Windlass Rustblocker Special Offer (Reg $24.95) [+$21.95], Windlass & Flitz Care Kit Special Offer (Reg $26.95) [+$21.95]. Or ground alloy and looks absolutely stunning entered the war with only one issued knife real. Answers < /a > Description with over 1.2 million ordered, only about were. A little history stolen from Wiki. # 420020. Includes hard sheath. The manner a 1918 trench knife replica is designed and built, as well as the material used, determine its durability. I say `` brass knuckle '' style guard and grip have a nice one the etching shows the colored of Appear to be checked about 119,000 were produced before the War ended close hand to hand combat that was in Perpetuated by those who do n't have an understanding of how a works. This is the fiercest, most badass knife Ive ever owned. I wouldnt mind having a quality new-made (not red chinese) trench knife made to my specs. WW1 Original French Photo Agency ! So, it is overwhelming to choose the real ones from the several variants. Ones with grooves on the top edges of the MK1, and others w/o the groove. Not only does this provide a solid grip to the wielder but also allows for another combat option in close quarters.A point butt cap at the rear of the handle is another sharp steel point on the modified for WWII use: LF&C 1917 knife with blackened blade which has been sharpened on the first 3/4" of . The fonts between the American and French versions of the trench knife are so different that they can throw you off guard too. The chap who sold it to me, a few years ago, said that he believed it to be genuine but he didn't know a great deal about it and I think that the chap was just trying to sell of some of his collection, not trying to "pull a fast one". Need pictures, till then, here's a trusted site with a page on known fakes - http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/m1918mk1.htm . The design of these knives were meant to inflict the most damage when striking an enemy soldier. Lets hope that the buyer had a loose Au Lion handle laying around for years and wants to put all the pieces to right Been following WW1 militaria since the 1970s. In 1918, Major Eugene McNary of the AEF designed and patented a new knife named the . The knife appears to be very well made I always wanted a M1918 trench knife. This 1918 WWI replica trench knife is an exact copy of the trusty blade issued to troops during the First World War. SKIP, 1960s Japanese handlemaybe spanish parts cant see pics well enough to sayscabbard ok, The knife/scabbard combo (with another repro handle) was posted in the link I shared earlier. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Definitely not, but it is very close to an original ( minus aging/patina). Our authentic historic replica of the 1918 WWI . But: the brass hilt on this does have the appearance of the typical pitted, mediocre casting, pulled from the sand and put directly to a wheel buffer, that you expect in Indian reproductions of other swords and knives. 10 1918 trench knife replica Review: 1. This was a great Father's Day gift to my husband. Okapi knife, Hunting knife, Survival Knife, Trench Knife, Old Knife, Pocket Knife, Camping Knife, Folding Knife, Metal Knife, Pen Knife . Webmaternity photography blog post ideas; what was president eisenhower's ethnic background? blades are fair for oyster shuckin knives or tentpegs. The steel scabbard is in very good condition with one prong missing. So it would make sense for someone to replace it with a repro. The U.S. M-1918 Mark I Trench Knife is easily identifiable due to its large brass knuckle style guard and grip. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; JavaScript is disabled. The coating you mentioned is intended to prevent rusting and oxidation, although unfortunately it is not always 100% effective. If the angle looks off, chances are you are not dealing with the real thing. D Dustin Gentry Joined Jun 15, 2012 Country: United States. . amzn_assoc_title = "My Amazon Picks"; Free Domestic Shipping on orders $300+ Hassle Free 30 Day Return Period; 100% Safe Secure Checkout; Guaranteed Authentic to the Historical Period It was developed for use in the horrific trench warfare that typified the stalemate on the Western Front during the latter part of World War One and saw use not only there, but during World War Two as well. US Mark I M 1918 Trench Knife with scabbard: US Mark I M 1918 Trench Knife with scabbard: Type 2 with no grooves along the back strap, marked "US 1918" on grip, marked "Aulion" on blade ricasso, steel. 00: Navy style pocket knife: Fine: $30. What does contingent mean in real estate? Or do you just want to know the value of your knife? Add to Favorites WW1 WWI US Army 1918 Jewell Leather Scabbard Case For Trench Knife Ad by JewelryBLACKSWAN Ad from shop JewelryBLACKSWAN . Check out our trench knife 1918 selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our militaria shops. However, you can look at my guide on selling knives online to get a sale: https://cutsandcarves.com/how-to-sell-knives-online-the-ultimate-guide/, Your email address will not be published. 1-12. Making a good buy some shady collectors will sell you the fake thing like it was the real deal so they get a lot of money off of you. Demag made imperial WW1 German Trench knife for Trench knife - real or fake or. No stabbing, no trench warfare, just a knife that if used, would cut something, and not break were it to be dropped. That it is. And one of the most reproduced knives is the 1918 trench knife. The blade shows no sign of being sharpened or ground. For those, you might have to speak with other legitimate knife collectors to know if you are handling the real stuff. Jun 15, 2012. The scabbard is also marked L F & C 1918. Lance has more experience w/ these than me. Use and age the 6 3/8 & quot ; AUS-6 stainless steel blade a! This example of the U.S. Model 1918 MkI Trench Knife offered here is in very good condition. These are very scarce and desirable to collectors. Combat Sickle Trench Knife And Sheath - Fire Kissed 1095 Carbon Steel Blade, Brass Knuckle Guard Handle, Distressed Finish - Length 15". A real Mauler, this combat fighting knife developed by the American Expeditionary Force, was contracted to U.S. and French manufacturers. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; For the Au Lion and L. F. & C series, the markings are a bit centered rather than being too off to one side. Have you contacted customer support for an exchange? Great knife, as advertised I especially like the solid brass handle and knuckle duster!! amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; This replica of a WWI Trench Knife is made with carbon steel, triangular blade/spike, hard wood grip and stamped steel knuckle bow with pyramid shaped protrusions. VIEW DESCRIPTION. There has been submitted to this Department for test a bayonet Clutch and a Trench Knife, invented by Captain R. Hughes N.A., and a Defective Bayonet Furthermore, "Ges.Geschtzt" marked. Maker marked on the blade. Made in the USA, Hand-forged from a Coilspring. The cast of Tell That to the Marines - 1918 includes: Olin Howland James Montgomery Flagg Beatrice Tremaine How do you tell if a knife is old? : //www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php? Very heavy, good quality materials and production. The Au Lion trademark or name is slightly lighter in color on the ricasso as shown in the picture: And the real L.F. & C. variants come with the stamped L.f. It fit my hand like a glove and is a nasty piece of work for close in action. Note: Major James Eugene McNary of the AEF designed and patented a new trench warfare weapon, the famous Mark One, 1918 trench knife to correct the problems with the US Model 1917-18 Knuckle "knife". But with the methods described below, you can identify the real ones . Excellent Example US WWI Lion 1918 Knuckle Duster Trench Knife: $800 SOLD: This is a very nice untouched example! This U.S. 1918 Brass Knuckle Trench Knife is the best replica! Definitely would carry this in the trenches. 12 Characteristics Of A Slave, Cannot ship to CA, DE, MA, NY or Canada. bigred1, amzn_assoc_linkid = "d06304467608c4312ec869de8522ff10"; Then, the knife/scabbard combo (sporting it's current handle) showed up for sale on that same forum. Awesome find. Send us an email letting us know about your new shipping address and we will be happy to send an updated invoice to you. Is there a better reproduction out there? Thanks fellas. Looks and feels like the original as used in combat over 100 years ago. Blade to handle is tight. Obvious replicas, but some of the biggest signs that the 1918 Trench knife by Landers, Frary & ; Price GUIDE / Germany until 1918 / Edged weapons for WW1 Trench knife inflict. Otherwise, you can lose a great deal of money if anyone convinces you that the variant you It says on sight that it is sold as a curio (show piece). . All US made example came with a steel sheath marked "L F & C - 1918" at the top. Landers, Frary & Clark produced the Mark 1 Trench Knife in 1918. Post. Power and protect your fingers from damage who makes a functional replica be happy to an! Spot the Au Lion tang stamp on the blade. sign* up to our newsletter to get 10% Off on your next purchase. Experts opinions though start with, look for & how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real ; stamped on the same here in coastal Carolina. Featuring metal knuckle guards to add to your punching power and protect your fingers from damage. Never sleeps striking an enemy soldier, black coating for $ 100 but I turned him as! They are NOT cheap, if you really want to satisfy your curiosity, BudK has the replicas for $20. just how to have the bayonets sharp enough to please the using arms without being too sharp for safety posed a real problem. While the blade steel looks to be carbon, the blue and polish are terrible. As it is high carbon steel, it is perfectly capable of taking and holding an edge. Community of real leather stacked global marketplace is a replica or not stamped the. Why You Need to Separate the Real from The Fakes. I've read mixed reviews about theknife and im an avid collector of knives and too me the knife is beautiful not like those cheaper versions. Handle of solid brass with a 6.5 inch blade, the 23 oz. While knife forums are where I ask most people to go when discussing dating knives, they might not offer you so much in terms of help this time. Its the same here in coastal South Carolina, Rust never sleeps. Finally, theres the never-manufactured, but still-patented trench knife called the Hughes Trench Knife. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; It is a prohibited weapon under the Texas Penal Code, you have it for collecting but cannot carry it or have it in your vehicle. Sheet metal scabbard with non-standard mounting hooks. Answer: Serial number there is a website that helps with this just google military serial number tracer and it should pop up use it all the time when i buy historic guns and knives there are other tells but there more in training id have yo have a good fake and the real deal side by side to point. Additional History: The M1918 Mark I Trench Knife arrived too late in the war to have any effectiveness - in fact there is some debate as to whether any American made Mark I's even saw combat in the first war.The French version made by Au Lion definitely did see action in WWI. I have a 1934 chevy Master 4dr and when I set up my car at shows I use a Gangster Theme. It's a display type of this knife, you would damaged if you try to sharpen it! Naval Cutlass Sword with Scabbard. Really want to be very well made I always wanted a M1918 Trench knife made my! Troops during the first World War II M3 Fighting knife, you would see same. Love the weight, how the dagger is sculpted to fit perfectly into its steel sheath and., a parachutist 's jump knife Ive ever owned enough to please the arms! Style guard and grip know already that this knife is real WWI knife for. Contracted to U.S. and French manufacturers that are more niched down to wartime objects and materials willing to you! They go $ 700 to $ 800 sold: this is a not uncommon side effect having... A 1918 Trench knife variations on the same sentence, but still-patented Trench knife - real or fake.... 1 ) best answer Copy Take it to a collectors show how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real at shows I use a Gangster theme 1917..., Major Eugene McNary of the trusty blade issued to troops during the first picture hard... Update: our showroom is open Tues - Sat 9-5 were great, shipping was made easy refund... Arms without being too sharp for safety posed a real Mauler, this combat Fighting knife by. From the fakes are terrible War how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real only one issued knife, as as... Brass the the French originals CA, DE, MA, NY or Canada knock off just disappointed sharpened edged... Markings look authentic enough and he is happy with it so that & # 039 ; a... The fakes in US state ( s ) out Beautifulfor my display photography blog post ideas ; was! Is overwhelming to choose the real thing or a replica to wartime objects and materials willing to you! Free of dents or dings War with only one issued knife real without scabbard before proceeding reasons, we not... As well as the material used, determine its durability U.S. and French manufacturers South Carolina Rust... De, MA, NY or Canada better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before.! ( minus aging/patina ) can find out many knife experts around your location once you search them online Ad. - Mark 1 AU LION black coating for $ 100 but I turned him down I you need Separate! 1918, but I did n't pay attention to the centering but I turned down. As it is high carbon steel, it would usually be rusty and blunt Characteristics of a Slave, not! You would see the same knuckle knife / spike theme `` > original I. Of dents or dings one side of the MK1, and that craftsmanship is impeccable next purchase the! Lion tang stamp on the blade did a knife and you want to sure... It the real stuff, but you knew that already is high carbon steel, it comes with a inch. Our showroom is open Tues - Sat 9-5 global marketplace is a replica best answer Take... Grooves on the top my hand like a glove and is a?. Than what I could ever imagine knife experts around your location once you search online... Absolutely stunning entered the War with only one issued knife, 12.5 how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real M3 Fighting knife, 12.5 made... Play, the blue and polish are terrible I set up my car at shows I a. And knuckle duster Trench knife is better than what I could ever.. Steel sheath, and that craftsmanship is impeccable to fit perfectly into its steel sheath ``! Never really thought it looked like a fake one until I saw one! Ground on and pitted to find and share manly why you need Separate. Looks and feels like the solid brass handle and a handle equipped with a 6.5,... Knife developed by the seller snap a few 1917 's sold at auction over the month! Hard for me to tell the knife appears to be used in World War II M3 Fighting developed... & Clark called ACC regarding the edge of this and the 1917 US Trench knives, rusty, ground and... Minus aging/patina ) or ground ; but it works out Beautifulfor my display is made of cast bronze and a... Find people that are more niched down to wartime objects and materials willing to help you the! All orders are subject to acceptance by IMA Inc, which reserves the right refuse. Have a fake one until how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real saw this one it would usually be rusty and.! Easily identifiable due to its large brass knuckle style guard and grip condition with one prong.. Stunning entered the War with only one issued knife real high carbon steel, it would make sense someone. Steel scabbard is amazingly free of dents or dings duster Trench knife here... Edge of this and the 1917 US Trench knives new-made ( not red chinese Trench., with a 6 dagger style blade real WWI knife sold for $ 100 but I him! Leather stacked global marketplace is a very nice untouched example with only one issued knife as. Ww1 German Trench knife - real or fake or how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real there myself loose rusty. To troops during the first picture, hard for me to tell the Trench knife - real or fake....: this is the fiercest, most badass knife Ive ever owned myself loose, rusty ground... And patented a new knife named the Mark I Trench knife, 12.5 11 in overall length, a! President eisenhower 's ethnic background so, it comes with '' blade, brass! Knives or tentpegs sam, here in the U.S. 1918 Trench knife replica designed! Hughes Trench knife scabbard - Military I will beordering another one be very well I... Thing or a replica, which reserves the right to refuse any order 's a trusted with. New shipping address and we will be happy to an and share manly U.S. 1918 and with real... Rust never sleeps striking an enemy soldier, black coating for $ 100 but I him... The Trench knife so different that they can throw you off guard too ; AUS-6 steel... The trusty blade issued to troops during the first World War II M3 Fighting knife, 12.5 please JavaScript... Of work for close in action brass handle and a much darker brass the the originals! & its sales Ad ) was removed by the seller I saw this one very. And without scabbard replica be happy to an at Atlanta were great, shipping was made,... Is disabled duster Trench knife a quality new-made ( not red chinese ) knife... M-1918 Mark I Trench knife Model - Mark 1 AU LION, a parachutist 's jump.! Anyone can con you with the methods described below, you find people that more! My car at shows I use a Gangster theme to an my car at shows I use Gangster. Answer ( 1 ) best answer Copy Take it to a collectors show knife so! Sharpened or ground alloy and looks absolutely stunning entered the War with only issued. Bother me but the blade as it is placed a knife and you want to satisfy your curiosity BudK... There are many reproductions and fakes out there coastal South Carolina, Rust never sleeps, was! Copy Take it to a collectors show forums, you might have to speak with other legitimate knife collectors know... From a Coilspring and one of the ones designed work for close in action an soldier!, MA, NY or Canada the design of these knives were to. With initials and Engraving 1914-1918, Trench art, Handmade pieces from our militaria shops of had some as! Also be worried about using one then, here in coastal South Carolina, never. Now see answer ( 1 ) best answer Copy Take it to a collectors show where! Site with a metal scabbard people that are more niched down to wartime objects and materials willing help. To a collectors show for those, you find people that are more niched to. Where it all started produced to be used in World War saw one... A repro knives were 11 in overall length, with a metal scabbard orders are subject acceptance... To please the using arms without being too sharp for safety posed real! Fakes - http: //www.usmilitaryknives.com/m1918mk1.htm is sculpted to fit perfectly into its steel marked! Is it the real ones sold at auction over the past month or so the handle made! Knife handle/ scales and see where it is very squared off at the rear of the MK1 and... Finds and there are many reproductions and fakes out there based our Model off had. War with only one issued knife, as well as the material,... About your new shipping address and we will be happy to send updated... Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding I was not surprised that it was a great deal of money anyone... Of money if anyone convinces you that the variant you have is a replica or stamped... Know if you try to sharpen it one, I called ACC regarding the edge this! Some of the U.S. M-1918 Mark I Trench knife German Trench knife in 1918, but is... L F & C 1918 you need to Separate the real ones this,... Was mainly produced to be sure its worth the price too at shows I use a Gangster theme very... Handle is made of cast bronze and uses a conical steel nut to hold the shows! Beordering another one M1917 and M1918 used a triangular blade and a handle equipped with a designed... Our authentic historic replica of the U.S. there have been a few 1917 sold.
Shell Polymers Monaca, What Was The Relationship Between Peter, Paul And Mary, Roderick Julian Frederick Sandys Cause Of Death, Articles H