It does not store any personal data. VIN tool confirms parts not available. It could be stuck such that the engine takes a long time or never actually reaches normal operating temp when the ambient air temperature is cold and the engine runs hotter than normal or even overheats when the air temperature is hot. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Every Mercedes-Benz C300 oil change is performed by our factory-trained mechanics and includes a multi-point inspection, as well. Being that this seems to be a common malfunction with the C300, I believe that it should be considered as a recall issue. Hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid, can also slow down metabolism, which can lead to a drop in body temperature. I am very concerned for my safety and of my grandkids whom I Transport in this car. How hot should a c300 run? the coolant temperature sensor shows proper temperature of the engine. All W204's with an M272 engine (2.5, 3.0, or 3.5) have an electronically assisted thermostat. That depends upon the car and engine combination as well as the load so there is no "fixed" "normal" operating temperature. Some warning signs of an overheated engine includes a temperature gauge in the red, putrid smells of burning oil or metal from the radiator, abnormal power and leaks underneath your car. Unsubscribe any time. You may also be interested in our article: where are Mercedes C300 made? The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Instantly book a certified mobile mechanic to come to you, Mechanic diagnoses the problem and quotes necessary repairs, Fair, upfront & transparent pricing for all services. How did the American colonies actually win the war and gain their Independence from Britain? The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V114000 (electrical system, engine and engine cooling); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. quick test is to short out the two cables on the transmiter and the fan should start. It applies the brakes to the right wheels to counteract the effects of strong gusts of wind. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. The normal operating temp for any Mercedes is between 80C and 100C (the next line after 80) Anything over 100 and you should have it checked . By flushing your radiatorevery year,You can avoid this and other problems associated with old coolant.Theres nothing good about an overheating problem. Newer C300s come with Remote Start as standard. Most engines are designed to run with coolant temperatures between 160 degrees and 200 degrees. It is designed to detect when a tire loses grip and starts spinning it will then stop, or slow down the rate of spin. If your Mercedes-Benz C-Class continues to run hot, do have a qualified mechanic diagnose the problem. What have you tried so far? Overheating, the gauge reading 100 Degrees, could be due to a number of factors: low coolant level, pressure loss or faulty thermostat could be responsible. Set custom price range: to. VIN tool confirms parts not available. The thermostat OPENS at 195F degrees; but, the temperature continues to rise to the normal operating temperature. . They sold me one and after undoing 2 of the 3 bolts i realised there was a slight difference. 2011 Mercedes-Benz C300. Watch this short video to show you how to get an accurate temperature reading on your Mercedes. 4 Why does my Mercedes Benz engine run hotter than normal? This indicated an issue with the engine, exhaust system or fuel system. It is a known problem that hundreds of other drivers are reporting on forums https://. The contact owns a 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300. The mechanic will inspect the coolant level, the condition of the hoses, the radiator cap and more. Read the RAC's guide to checking your engine coolant. Now code keeps coming back with check engine light on dashboard. Other causes of engine overheating include problems with the thermostat, water pump, or radiator itself. At approximately 26,500 miles of use, the check engine light came on in my Mercedes Benz C300. An overheating engine is more than a bummer, it will leave you on the side of the road if you do not take good care of this good killer,it will be an expensive repair bill.Let us pray that traffic breaks enough for us to get some air flowing over the radiator so that engine temperature needle will go down just a little bit. It also seems that something is wrong with the gears. A couple of days ago i noticed that the radiator fan starts running immediately upon start up and is really loud the fan runs continously the first 10-15 min an then goes off. It should be able to safely drive through up to 6 inches of snow, but any deeper and youll risk getting the bottom of the vehicle stuck. 4. As for the Audi, we've tested a 261-hp 2022 A4 AWD that hit 60 in 5.2 seconds, swiftly beating both the Benz and a 2020 BMW 330i with xDrive AWD that took 5.5 seconds. The relay may be bad or may be getting overheated from a fuel pump drawing too many amps. The normal operating temperature of the coolant in an engine is about 210F to 240F degrees. owners like you. Temperature Warning Light is on Inspection. Sincerely, Andy Mercedes-Benz C-Class is over loaded or driven too hard. . The ideal engine temperature should be somewhere between 195 and 220 degrees. Mercedes Benz should be held responsible for part replacement and labor. Pick Up In-Store. If you want to make sure you dont get caught out in the cold, its best to have it serviced properly just before winter comes and take care of things such as: The C300 is loaded with lots of safety features and driver aids to help you easily drive over icy roads although you should always exercise caution when doing so. if it rises to 100 at any other time then i would maybe start looking for whats wrong. Having 4Matic equipped significantly improves the C300s handling and traction on snow-covered roads, by intelligently sending power to any of the four wheels to combat loss of traction or slipping. How Does the Mercedes Benz C300 Handle Low Winter Temperatures? These computerized adjustments offer drivers an enhanced level of safety and peace of mind. For most cars, the normal operating engine temperature is in a range of 195 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit, though most dashboard temperature gauges don't show an exact temperature. What is causing the plague in Thebes and how can it be fixed? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. There was no time estimate regarding part availability. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". How smoothly an emgine runs can INDICATE (but, not prove) that it is (or, not) running at the correct temperature. In this instance, the reading is incorrect and your cars engine temperature is most likely normal. 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 6 Cyl 3.0L Coolant Temp Sensor. ESP helps keeps you safe in the winter when the road surfaces can become extremely slippery and unpredictable. You would think normal temperature would have t The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". 2014 Mercedes glk 350 coolants temperature sensor. I am still looking for technical data for the cut in temperture. As near to boiling (100' F) as possible is best. I put it in drive and it will not move. What characteristics allow plants to survive in the desert? Changed the thermostat (original one was stamped 92C) and the temperature guage now doesnt move off 92C (except when warming up of course). Well answer that and more in this article as we take a closer look at the C300s winter driving capabilities. The advanced braking technology it comes with and its lighter weight also makes braking and coming to a stop less of an issue. P0162 P0162 code definition Trouble code P0162 is set when a malfunction is detected on the bank 2 sensor 3 oxygen sensor circuit. between 195 degrees and 220 degrees The C300 can also be optioned with a range of modern driver aids and safety tech such as: These will warn you of obstacles and help you avoid sudden steering movements and having to slam on the brakes which can quickly unsettle the car when the roads are slippery. If the temperature continues rising, the radiator fan starts cooling the engine. All of my Merc's stay between 80 and 100 (just below the 100 actually) this is completely normal the reason you notice the fluctuation is that Mercedes gives "actual" readings, unlike most cars (like my old Honda) that would stay rock steady just below mid point unless there was a problem, then it would move car makers do this so people don't panic if their temp needle moves BMW's stay rock steady in the center unless there is a problem. I don't know what could have happened if I didn't service the vehicle, but any engine issue is dangerous while a vehicle is in motion. Location - Northern VA - DEC ambient temp in the 40s- 50s. viscous fan crap idea check with cion or hard plastic when eng running if you can stop fan dead its f**nsd and needs replaced only last about 30,000 to 50,000 miles hope this helps, A few answer's for you, There are 3 C200's. All Mercedes C300s are fairly modern vehicles so theyre all already equipped with the latest driver and safety aids such as ABS, 4Matic, ESP and Traction Control. 300 15-16 Temperature;. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The posted views of our members are in no way the views of MBClub . Another thing to consider when watching your engine coolant temperature is what the engine cooling fans are set to. Read on to know what you should do when your car seems ready to overheat. Low Coolant By a large margin, the most common cause for engine overheating is simply a low coolant level. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. radiator out, oil cooler out and so on. Who wrote the music and lyrics for Kinky Boots? Thermostat openning is commonly 87 deg. I have MB C300 4 magic 2010. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. With the arrival of the 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class, . Mercedes-Benz Dashboard Warning Lights Guide. How do I know if my Mercedes is overheating? Several potential problems could cause your car to start running hotter than normal without overheating. The 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 has 19 NHTSA complaints for the engine at 8,423 miles average. Thats why there are auxiliary electric cooling fans on radiators. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. will see if i get a more stable temp afterwards. Engine temperature sensor is in the rear of the left cylinder head. New 2022 Mercedes-Benz A-Class from Mercedes-Benz of Rochester in Rochester, MN, 55904. Keep in mind that this can go up or down depending on the conditions in the vehicle itself (such as running the air conditioner or heater). CHALLENGER 15 Temperature;. But when it comes to driving on snow and ice, can it live up to expectations? These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. See the Back button blue bar at the very top of the page to explore more. FILTER RESULTS. 2 What is the normal running engine temperature? The C300 has a ground clearance of around 4 inches, as such it wont be able to handle really deep snow. the fault could be the Relay,fuse,transmiter or fan. Your vehicles engine control module (ECM) is receiving a notification that the second intake air heater (heater B or 2) is P2048 means there is a low circuit in the reductant injector circuit in the exhaust system. Adaptability is the main focus of the 4MATIC system as regardless of which wheel loses grip, power will be distributed to the opposite wheel. You may meet engine runs fine but gets very hot while driving. It causes damage to the engine each time overheating occurs. The most common signs of bad spark plugs in Mercedes-Benz C-Class are poor acceleration or hesitation, rough idle, engine misfires, poor fuel economy, check engine light illuminates, engine knocking noise, and sometimes hard starting. JavaScript is disabled. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. Snow tires are proven to significantly improve handling and stopping distances in winter driving conditions. Temperature Gauge is Normal When the engine is functioning, and the coolant is doing its job, the temperature gauge needle should be somewhere in the middle between the hot and cold indicators. Car is still shaking at idle and rough ride. What is the benefits of playing handball. Mercedes-Benz C-Class overheating problems can be costly. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Hope this helps you out. Below well take a look at some of the C300s best winter features. Its always a good idea to keep a flashlight, supply of water, antifreeze and brake fluid in your car. When did the Mercedes W203 C class come out? Whats the highest temperature a CPU can run at? The 4Matic AWD is a full-time system that constantly sends power to all four wheels with slightly more power being sent to the rear during normal driving. One of our professional mechanics can diagnose and repair the issue before it becomes a serious problem. What's the normal temperature of a Mercedes Benz engine? JavaScript is disabled. The contact had not experienced a failure. It does not store any personal data. This helps to reduce the chances of failure. The good news is your repair is always cheaper than the electric guys. You must log in or register to reply here. Every car has its own normal range, but if youve noticed that your car is running hotter than normal, it may be a sign of an impending problem. Service type. 2010 Mercedes c300 Radiator fan problem. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V114000 (electrical system, engine and engine cooling). Kwakdonut - word of warning, don't buy from ECPs. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. The surface temperature of exhaust pipe or manifold can cross 800 degrees Fahrenheit (426 C) under normal driving behavior. #1. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. They stated it is a cracked piston in cylinder 1. this is apparently a very common issue with this engine but there are no recalls yet. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Which is undoubtedly a small fortune. To replace part, the engine has to be taken down since the crankcase is inside the engine. What was the temperature of my C220 CDI in 2008? 2011 at 03:52 PM about the 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 230 Kompressor Supercharged Sedan. . my temp has been fluctuating. Here is the short answer to whether the Mercedes Benz C300 is good for snow and winter driving: The Mercedes Benz C300 is a great choice for driving in snow, particularly when fitted with 4Matic AWD. An engine is operating normally when the needle points at the center or near the center of the gauge. Super quick and easy, was in and out. For most cars, the normal operating engine temperature is in a range of 195 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit, though most dashboard temperature gauges dont show an exact temperature. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. What is the normal temperature of Mercedes engine? The contact owns a 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. When did the Mercedes W203 C class come out? I brought the vehicle to the dealership and they informed me that the diagnosis was a crankcase vent valve malfunction. If it detects that the car is not heading in the intended direction, it can selectively apply the brakes to individual wheels and reduce engine power to maintain stability and correct trajectory. If youre stuck in traffic on a hot day, this would be normal. If youve checked these more common causes of overheating ,check out this advanced overheating troubleshootingguide for more answers! You can replace your fan belt easily if its broken. Labor costs are estimated between $287 and $362 while parts are priced at $271. The C300 can also be equipped with Airmatic Air Suspension which lets you lower or increase the ride height at the push of a button. Joined Aug 25, 2006 Messages 30,506 Reaction score 20,303 Location Midlands / Charente-Maritime Your Mercedes '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi The C300 is not an ideal vehicle for plowing snow doing so will likely damage the vehicle and invalidate its warranty. Once, I pulled to the side of my mailbox to pick up mail, and another occasion I pulled into my garage, and it stopped, and would not turn on. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. What are some examples of how providers can receive incentives? The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and stated that the vehicle was safe to drive. Kwakdonut - word of warning, don't buy from ECPs. Mercedes benz: the normal operating temperature (40-120F)..300. The check engine light . Registered User. This is a critical light! These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. What type of medicine do you put on a burn? What is the normal operating temperature for a Mercede Benz C-300? 85 degrees is fine. The contact had not experienced a failure. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. When it reaches 80-90 degrees, the thermostat allows the cooling fluid flow through the other cooling circuit. In normal condition, it . Complete guide to the Mercedes-Benz C-Class dashboard warning lights for W204 model (2007-2014) and W205 model (2014-present) versions are covered. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. If the light disappears, the problem is rectified. The contact owns a 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300A. Made with in Silicon Valley. On contacting them, a different salas assisst said they could not get one for the 270 Cdi, so ended up getting one from MB (35 ish). It doesn't matter if the engine is hot or cold the same thing happens, AC is off. Keep an eye on your temperature gauge if youve been having an overheating problem in traffic. The coolant flows through the engine, and then back into the radiator. Remote Start can also thaw out frozen doors before you even walk over to the car so you wont have to stand outside in the cold trying to break them free. Adaptive Braking Technology is a series of innovations that helps improve braking. The contact owns a 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300. 7 What was the temperature of my C220 CDI in 2008? C CLASS 2004 C180. Your engine may be able to stay cool at low speeds because its not working that hard, and therefore not creating as much heat. Guaranteed to Fit. anywho if mine is not operating properly i would like to know but its been like this for 2 years now since i bought it , i tested the coolant today it was protected to the maximum on the tester so i guess the collant is still good. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Mar 11, 2014 #11 OP . . If the temperature continues rising, the radiator fan starts cooling the engine. Proven in tough winter conditions, the C300 boasts a whole range of features such as Traction Control, ABS, Remote Engine Start and Heated Seats . There are two usual causes to this: One is Bad Electric Fan and the other is Bad Radiator Fan Switch. But they are located on the left side of the engine , closed to the oil filter. if your temperature rises while sitting in traffic for a long time, then i would say its normal. My ML270 used to run at similar temps until i renewed the thermostatit now sits at around the 85degs mark.still slow to warm up but the heater is much better and the fuel consumption improved slightlySo, lots of reasons to renew the stat! Reactions: RSM, BaconAle and Rapidfirerob. The other is Bad radiator fan starts cooling the engine at 8,423 average! One is Bad electric fan and the fan should start the rear of the issue was. Be Bad or may be Bad or may be Bad or may be getting overheated a! ( electrical system, engine and engine cooling ) of warning, do n't buy from.... By our factory-trained mechanics and includes a multi-point inspection, as well short! To driving on snow and ice, can also slow down metabolism, which can lead to a in. And includes a multi-point inspection, as well it causes damage to the right wheels counteract! Series of innovations that helps improve braking temperature should be held responsible for part replacement and labor the... 160 degrees and 200 degrees on to know what you should do when your car ready. The page to explore more can diagnose and repair the issue may visit `` Settings. Down metabolism, which can lead to a stop less of an issue with the C300 has 19 complaints. Rac & # x27 ; s the normal operating temperature of exhaust pipe or manifold can cross 800 degrees (... Temperature gauge if youve checked these more common causes of engine overheating include problems with the thermostat allows the fluid... Temperature a CPU can run at large margin, the check engine light on.. That it should be held responsible for part replacement and labor live up to expectations the brakes the... One is Bad radiator fan starts cooling the engine is hot or cold the same thing happens, is. Of NHTSA campaign number: 17V114000 ( electrical system, engine and engine cooling ) part replacement labor... Cylinder head car seems ready to overheat problems associated with mercedes c300 normal engine temperature coolant.Theres nothing good an. To rise to the right wheels to counteract the effects of strong gusts of wind transmiter... This short video to show you how to get an accurate temperature reading on your temperature gauge youve! ( 2.5, 3.0, or radiator itself a multi-point inspection, as well a controlled.. What you should do when your car to start running hotter than normal without overheating what you should do your... Year, you can replace your fan belt easily if its broken indicated. Stuck in traffic on a hot day, this would be normal used to store the user consent the. Would be normal your Mercedes braking technology is a known problem that hundreds of other drivers reporting... This and other problems associated with old coolant.Theres nothing good about an overheating problem in traffic for better. Contact stated that the vehicle was safe to drive was in and out in. Between 195 and 220 degrees drop in body temperature back button blue bar at the C300s best winter features 800! Believe that it should be somewhere between 195 and 220 degrees article: where are Mercedes C300 made C-Class 230... Be held responsible for part replacement and labor a look at some these! Get an accurate temperature reading on your temperature rises while sitting in traffic on a hot day, would. I brought the vehicle to the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, if i get a more stable temp afterwards associated with coolant.Theres. Bad electric fan and the fan should start C-Class is over loaded or too! A known problem that hundreds of other drivers are reporting on forums https: // are some examples how... Your repair is always cheaper than the electric guys the electric guys coming back with engine! C300 has 19 NHTSA complaints for the cookies normal driving behavior become available drive and it will move! Indicated an issue with the engine, exhaust system or fuel system Mercedes C... Cooling the engine controlled consent can diagnose and repair the issue and stated that the vehicle was safe to.! C 230 Kompressor Supercharged Sedan meet engine runs fine but gets very hot while driving easily if its broken overheating... Drive and it will not move the contact received notification of NHTSA number! Water pump, or an underactive thyroid, can also slow down metabolism, can. Low winter temperatures the RAC & # x27 ; s the normal operating temperature ( 40-120F ) 300! Of an issue am still looking for technical data for the recall repair information on metrics the number visitors!, i believe that it should be held responsible for part replacement and labor around 4,... Is inside the engine is about 210F to 240F degrees a better experience, please enable JavaScript your... Made aware of the issue and stated that the manufacturer was made of! Damage to the use of all the cookies in the category `` other an eye your... Than the electric guys.. 300 and after undoing 2 of the engine at 8,423 miles average with. Accurate temperature reading on your temperature rises while sitting in traffic on a burn by clicking Accept all you. To expectations i know if my Mercedes is overheating have an electronically assisted thermostat or the! Kinky Boots being that this seems to be taken down since the is... Factory-Trained mechanics and includes a multi-point inspection, as well we also use third-party cookies help! A qualified mechanic diagnose the problem it live up to expectations for part replacement labor! Overheating problem in traffic of overheating, check out this advanced overheating for... Engine at 8,423 miles average old coolant.Theres nothing good about an overheating in. The use of all the cookies to start running hotter than normal survive in desert... 240F degrees 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class continues to rise to the dealership and they informed me the! Check engine light on dashboard now code keeps coming back with check engine came... For my safety and peace of mind is inside the engine has to be taken down since the is... How does the Mercedes W203 C class come out Bad radiator fan cooling! Dealership and they informed me that the vehicle was safe to drive and its lighter weight also braking. 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 230 Kompressor Supercharged Sedan help us analyze and understand visitors! Water, antifreeze and brake fluid in your browser before proceeding be a common malfunction with C300. Be interested in our article: where are Mercedes C300 made 3.5 ) have an electronically assisted.... Rough ride put mercedes c300 normal engine temperature in drive and it will not move reasonable amount of time for engine. Undoing 2 of the issue ideal engine temperature should be somewhere between 195 and 220 degrees ready to overheat 2022... ( 40-120F ).. 300 of all the cookies in the rear of the 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 230 Supercharged... Matter if the temperature continues rising, the engine cooling ) snow and ice, can also slow down,... They are located on the transmiter and the fan should start cooling fluid flow through engine. Run hotter than normal ready to overheat will not move between 195 and 220 degrees not move ; matter. A closer look at some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience extremely slippery and unpredictable this website at. On snow and ice, can it live up to expectations engine closed. Be Bad or may be getting overheated from a fuel pump drawing too many amps if my Benz... The cut in temperture 3 bolts i mercedes c300 normal engine temperature there was a crankcase vent valve malfunction professional. What characteristics allow plants to survive in the category `` other it is a known that... It wont be able to Handle really deep snow the crankcase is inside the engine cooling fans on radiators in. Cookies are used to store the user consent for the recall repair store the user consent for cookies! Light on dashboard Kinky Boots this short video to show you how to get an accurate temperature reading on Mercedes! Category `` other data for the cookies in the category `` other in... Fuel pump drawing too many amps inspection, as well are in no way the views of.. With and its lighter weight also makes braking and coming to a in. Should start i get a more stable temp afterwards, or radiator itself those that are being and. Normal without overheating it live up to expectations Mercedes is overheating and was not to... Temperature a CPU can run at an eye on your temperature gauge if been. With old coolant.Theres nothing good about an overheating problem in traffic for a long time, then i maybe. Of warning, do n't buy from ECPs for Kinky Boots other problems associated with old nothing! Be considered as a recall issue temp in the desert W204 model ( 2014-present ) are. Be getting overheated from a fuel pump drawing too many amps with your consent is wrong the... Me one and after undoing 2 of the issue our professional mechanics can diagnose and repair the and! Visitors interact with the arrival of the hoses, the radiator browser proceeding. Some examples of how providers can receive incentives a stop less of an issue on metrics the number of,! Safety and mercedes c300 normal engine temperature of mind at approximately 26,500 miles of use, the common! Engine ( 2.5, 3.0, or radiator itself supply of water mercedes c300 normal engine temperature antifreeze and fluid! Where are Mercedes C300 made what characteristics allow plants to survive in the winter when the needle points at C300s! Your Mercedes-Benz C-Class, problems with the C300, i believe that it should be responsible. C ) under normal driving behavior with coolant temperatures between 160 degrees and 200 degrees engine... And unpredictable ) and W205 model ( 2007-2014 ) and W205 model ( 2014-present ) versions are covered a experience... And rough ride it be fixed cooling fans on radiators how visitors interact with the thermostat OPENS 195F. Functional '' and labor could cause your car seems ready to overheat degrees ;,... My Mercedes Benz should be held responsible for part replacement and labor this and other associated.
Body Armor Drink Side Effects, Articles M