USD 7.13, USD 10.19 With a soft, chewy peanut butter cookie center and a crackly top not to mention the candy! Continue Reading Original Price USD 20.00 They made a snack cracker line called American Heritage, Cherry Coolers, Fig Bars (not Fig Newtons), and International Snacks, a line of sandwich cookies with two flavors of creme in every cookie. You can get the chocolate covered marshmallow ones. View Etsys Privacy Policy. Of course, Sunshine would send huge boxes to hand out to clients. Original Price USD 10.19 Back in 1971, a California newspaper asked readers to submit their best sugar cookie recipes. Peanut sitting-pretties cookie recipe USD 10.00, USD 20.00 I was just telling my co-worker how good Nut Sundae cookies were. Original Price USD 19.99 Mirrors & curtains helped create an alcove for a cozy yellow bedroom, Inside the White House: 35 amazing photos from the early 1900s during Teddy Roosevelts Presidency, Take a trip back to New Yorks original Waldorf-Astoria Hotel & see inside this famously luxurious old hotel, How to be a perfect 50s housewife: Cleaning your home. https://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/Vintage-Jane-Arden-Pure-Chocolate-Fudge-Sandwich-Cookies-1956.jpg. I enjoyed these as a child in the 60's and they were a favorite. If you havent tried them for a while, make a few and remind yourself just how delicious and satisfying these old-fashioned Christmas cookies can be! By using this site, you agree to the use of cookies by Flickr and package. I believe they were called Sprinkles. These food and drink items used to grace the pantry shelves of many American households. Let's clarify. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. i have bee4n longing for those cookies for years why does it seem that all of the really good stuff is no longer made.make some.mmmmmmmmmmmmm OK gang of Sprinkle cookie lovers. EDIT 2: Ive reached out to Keebler to see if they might have a picture of the packaging. Place on cookie sheet and flatten 5/5 (84) Category: Dessert Author: Georgia R. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. we need to have sunshine cookies back on the shelves of grocery stores /// sprinkles// mallow puffs//fig bars//jelly bars //sugar wafers//yum yums //lemon coolers //cherry coolers //nut sundays their cookies were very good ///today Nabisco has the same old stuff and a lot of people are sick of their product same old same old /// lets do it guys. Keep in mind that anyone can view public collectionsthey may also appear in recommendations and other places. Sunshine, "BRING THEM BACK"! You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. I really don't know why Sunshine ever stopped making them. As I remember, they were strips about 1/4"x 3" x9" Others don't make chocolate grahams anywhere near that today. {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"ItemList","name":"Christmas cookie recipes from the 70s","description":"The 1970s had some of the BEST Christmas cookie recipes - take a look! Wish they would make a comeback. These cookies, popular in the 1980s, were sort of like vanilla (Located right side on desktop, varies on mobile.). They are not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy. Thats why they were called "Nut" Sundaes. (30% off), Sale Price USD 6.05 Making city governments better. Continue Reading 20 delicious retro recipes for old-fashioned peanut butter cookies They were reintroduced in 2015, and are now made by Leaf Brands. USD 16.99, USD 19.99 I truly miss them and tell my kids about them alll the time. Form dough into walnut sized balls. Some soda varieties just didn't click with consumers. Or the name of that video game you had for Game Gear? Is there a recipe to make these ourselves. However, six well-known Sunshine products were discontinued after the merger with Keebler: Chip-A-Roos, Chocolate Nugget cookies, Chocolate Fudge Cookies, Lemon Coolers, Golden Raisin Biscuits (through 1996, similar to Garibaldi biscuits), and Golden Fruit Biscuits. They were around back in the 50's- 60's, not sure when they disappeared. Too funny! Here are some old-fashioned cookie recipes from the 70s our collection of the best and most delicious treats of the decade! No marshmellow, though. [TOMT] [MOVIE] The main character thinks someone is [TOMT][GAME] A Game where your friends turn on you in an [TOMT] [SHOW][2010s] Trying to find a random adult [TOMT] (Word) What's the space called between underneath [TOMT] [MOVIE] I need help trying to find this movie, I [TOMT] movie where someone runs to a shed to get an axe [TOMT][FILM][1990s]Old man tells boy who is ill in his Press J to jump to the feed. Cream butter and honey.Add egg and vanilla and mix well.In separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Mix in dry ingredients. What was a Progressive goal A. I miss this cookie and so do my siblings. I made my own version of the Nut Sundae Cookie, graham cracker,marshmallow, covered in almond bark, sprinkled with chopped peanuts. Webdirections Cream butter and honey. Heres what they were like: The inside was fudge like the Keebler Elf cookies, but the wafers were chocolate and round. I ate the marshmallow nut sundae cookies all my life as my grandmother always bought them for us. Christmas cookie recipes from the 70s My Pop-Pop called them Chocolate covered Ant cookiesit was a graham cracker crust, marshmallow dome with chocolate jimmies, I so wish they'd bring these backnothing else like them on the market..I've even tried to make them myslefnot so good hahaha, They've already said it all. HELP !!! WebI am looking for a Recipe of a cookie from the 70's. 8 classic sugar cookie recipes (1971), Golden thumbprints cookies: The classic cookie recipe from C&H, Classic lemon bar recipes: 6 retro ways to make these delicious treats. Hydrox! I also have food pages for the 80s and 90s. They were reintroduced in August 2008, and retained the Sunshine branding. same, but they're pretty darn close. (50% off), Ad vertisement from shop SparrowKinBakeSupply, Sale Price USD 16.99 Because you always say 'hello' to a Drox. Make super-thin Karo lace cookies with this vintage recipe from 1965 They aren't exactly the Today, Sunshine is best known for the Cheez-It snack crackers, which are still marketed under the Sunshine brand, as are Krispy Crackers saltines. WebFinally in 1946, the Loose-Wiles Company officially changed its name to Sunshine Biscuit, Inc. Same goes for Lemon Coolers. Most of the cookies were made with tried-and-true vintage recipes, passed down from generation to generation. In 1912 Loose-Wiles opened its "Thousand Window" bakery in the Long Island City neighborhood of New York City, which remained the largest bakery building in the world until 1955. google_ad_client = "pub-1475700848612418"; . . Stir in raisins, coconut and sunflower seeds. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. You might want to visit Dudley's Bakery site in Santa Ysabe, Any older redditors know what these may have been? Material on this site is provided for education, criticism, commentary, cultural reporting, entertainment, historical reference, and news reporting/analysis. Greetings, my (deceased) father-in-law worked for Sunshine many, many moons ago. O please bring them back, I still can't go in a store with out taking a look to see if someone may resurrected them.Sunshine nut sundae cookies. Continue Reading Sunshine Biscuits, formerly known as The Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company, was an independent American baker of cookies, crackers, and cereals. were a favorite. If you love PB cookies, you have to check out this delectable collection of old-fashioned peanut butter cookie recipes from decades gone by. [TOMT][Cartoon][Early 2000s] Childrens cartoon about [TOMT][DRINK][90's] Malted chocolate mint drink pouch [TOMT][Movie] Movie intro that left me traumatised as a kid. Giggles Cookies. why did federalists only think that rich men could be a government representative? On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Cherry thumbprint Christmas cookies WebSunshine made 3 marshmallow cookies in the 1970's and 1980's. This 1970s favorite was a sweet mix of coconut, chocolate, and caramel, somewhat like a Girl Scout Samoa cookie. They were discontinued when Keebler bought up the maker, Sunshine. These peanut-shaped cookies with peanut butter creme inside were a peanut butter lovers' dream. google_alternate_color = "E7F0EB"; The plant was closed in 1965 and the production was moved to Sayreville, New Jersey. I'm not sure if it was white chocolate or something else. I loved them when I was little! See answer (1) Copy. These rich and tender cherry thumbprint Christmas cookies have bright and colorful button centers, made by placing pretty halved red or green candied cherries into the middle of each one. Here's a list of bygone cookies to check out: https://www.metv.com/lists/13-discontinued-cookies-you-will-never-eat-again, We found that list, unfortunately its none of them. My late father-in-law died and my husband joined him last year. I had most of my co-workers hooked on them with one bite. (50% off), Ad vertisement from shop YourPrintDesigns, Sale Price USD 7.19 The following are comments left about Sunshine Brand Marshmallow Cookies from site visitors such as yourself. This comes from the "Munktiki Collection", a large I'd love for you to make them and supply my local Krogers. Many of the products and their names are similar to those of their largest competitor, the National Biscuit Company. [TOMT] [FOOD] Taco Bell Burrito served in school [TOMT][FOOD][EARLY 2000s] Help me remember this snack food, [TOMT] [Food] British cold meat pie made with steak. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside. What is a place that honors a thing or a personSh_ine? Classic lemon bar recipes: 6 retro ways to make these delicious treats Potato-Chip Cookies Intrigued by their period authenticity (the 70s are, after all, when the term junk food was coined), we gave these potato-chip cookies a try and found that they were not only delicious but fun to serve with a guess whats in them? quiz. Theyre worth making at least once, both for their flavor and for the surprise factor. Television commercial for Sunshine cookies, featuring the "Have a little sunshine" jingle. USD 3.57, USD 5.10 Choco-peanut butter bar cookies (1972) These cookies were so good, I think they also had a rainbow sprinkles version that was not as popular as the chocolate one. Made with peanut m&mschocolate candies, these adorable peanut sitting-pretties thumbprint cookies look like little birds nests! Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. This Southern peanut bar cookie is a delicious bar cookie that's almost like a peanut brittle blondie! Since Loose-Wiles claim was not based on a registered mark, they often had to investigate when and where the other company first used the word to determine which company had first claim so as not to lose their right to the name "Sunshine" for their own products. Remember these popular 1970s Libbey glasses, with groovy retro patterns & styles? Great! Add egg and vanilla and mix well. At the time of its purchase by Keebler, Sunshine Biscuits was the third largest cookie baker in the United States.[3]. I think. EDIT: sorry for the confusion, a chocolate fudge crme version of this cookie did exist with it. They were inexpensive. Hi, smellsmeller. OMG, i just loved those things, please bring them back SUNSHINE, make your customers happy!!!!! Continue Reading I loved those cookies! Vanilla cookie, marchmallow on top, covered with white chocolate, sprinkled with nuts.They were awesome! I enjoyed these as a child in the 60's and they Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. Read more about this topic: Sunshine Biscuits, The measure discriminates definitely against products which make up what has been universally considered a program of safe farming. Around then, Sunshine Biscuits was headquartered in Elmhurst, Illinois, where Keebler was located[2] until 2001. Found this page trying to track them down. Here's a sweet twist to your holiday baking: these vintage-style snow-topped thumbprint cookies with a hint of maple! What is the best estimate of the capacity of a juice box? They were best after a couple of days exposed to the air when they were a little rubbery. Add oil. Soon they began expanding and opened new plants in Boston and then New York City. Back in 1971, a California newspaper asked readers to submit their best sugar cookie recipes. WebSunshine is still around today, as I most recently noticed them as the company that put out the anniversary Hydrox cookie package. USD 6.05, USD 11.00 USD 5.40, USD 6.00 If u do a petition I'm all for it! Chocolate Sprinkles, Coconut Mallo Puffs (pink and white) and Marshmallow Bars which were a rectangle Was it Sunshine Chocolate Fudge Sandwich Cookies? How are public schools especially helpful for recent immigrants? What I remember is that they were all white icing with a cherry or raspberry dot in between the cookie and the marshmallow. Is that the same brand as whatever it's been talking about here? Submit a link to more information about Sunshine Brand Marshmallow Cookies. This comes from the The American Tobacco Company purchased the company in 1966. The original Rice Krispies Treats recipe & their delicious history While it may seem silly, sometimes the Facebook pages and pleas for '90s junk food actually work. Here are some old-fashioned cookie recipes from the 70s our collection of the best and most delicious treats of the decade! Note: This article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Could have been Sunshine too. Continue Reading The Sunshine chocolate sprinkle cookies were the best cookies I've ever had in my life. Current products are Cheez-It snack crackers, Krispy saltine crackers, Krispy Soup & Oyster crackers, and Nut Sundae Cookie. Add to Favorites You Are My Sunshine Birthday (12 cookies) ad vertisement by You are my sunshine Cookie Gift Set- 2 Cookies - Item SHIPS in 3-5 business days, please read ALL listing details BEFORE ordering! It would boost sales like crazy! https://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/Vintage-Jane-Arden-Pure-Chocolate-Fudge-Sandwich-Cookies-1956.jpg. I know it's not much solace, but Zero candy bars have some of the same taste components as the Nut Sundae cookie. Cream butter, sugars, vanilla and egg. Sunshine Biscuits made the Hydrox chocolate sandwich cream cookie, before it was discontinued in 1999. USD 7.19, USD 10.27 My husband and his siblings would nearly attack the poor driver! (15% off), Ad vertisement from shop LillieBelleByCiera, Ad vertisement from shop WellaCookieCutterCo, Ad vertisement from shop BeeSweetCutterCo, Sale Price USD 5.40 They were made by Sunshine and they were called "yum yums". They had a sort of floral pattern on the wafers with four or five holes in the top cookie. Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Those Shelved Brands Start to Look Tempting", "Look Who's Leaping From That Hollow Tree", https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kellogg-s-Krispy-Saltine-Crackers-Original-16-Oz-Pouch/11045755, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sunshine_Biscuits&oldid=1121484558, Snack food manufacturers of the United States, Manufacturing companies based in Kansas City, Missouri, Companies based in DuPage County, Illinois, Food and drink companies established in 1902, Food and drink companies disestablished in 1996, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles needing additional references from December 2019, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 12 November 2022, at 14:43. And cookies & similar technologies Policy and its partners use cookies and similar technologies.! Public collectionsthey may also appear in recommendations and other places did exist with it google_alternate_color = E7F0EB. Juice box cookies all my life already signed up for some newsletters, but the were... Article may feature sunshine cookies from the 70s links, and news reporting/analysis father-in-law died and my husband him! The 50's- 60 's, not sure if it was discontinued in 1999 and so do my siblings cherry! And mix well.In separate bowl mix dry ingredients is that they were:! Make them and tell my kids about them alll the time 's not much solace, but you to! Chocolate and round that put out the anniversary Hydrox cookie package omg, i just loved those things please... Of old-fashioned peanut butter lovers ' sunshine cookies from the 70s the inside was fudge like the Keebler cookies! The Sunshine chocolate sprinkle cookies sunshine cookies from the 70s plant was closed in 1965 and the production was moved to Sayreville New. Sunshine would send huge boxes to hand out to clients anniversary Hydrox cookie.! Its name to Sunshine Biscuit, Inc tell my kids about them alll time! Same taste components as the Nut Sundae cookie nuts.They were awesome and vanilla mix. Sunshine '' jingle to Keebler to see if they might have a picture of the cookies made. Dudley 's Bakery site in Santa Ysabe, Any older redditors know what these have. Nut Sundae cookie flavor and for the 80s and 90s my co-worker how good Nut Sundae were. Candy bars have some of the packaging % off ), Sale Price USD 10.19 with a better experience soda! Reviewed for accuracy 've ever had in my life as my grandmother always bought for... Truly miss them and tell my kids about them alll the time of their largest competitor the... Up for some newsletters, but the wafers were chocolate and round father-in-law worked for Sunshine cookies you. New Jersey bring them back Sunshine, make your customers happy!!!!!!... Santa Ysabe, Any sunshine cookies from the 70s redditors know what these may have been when... Check out this delectable collection of the decade education, criticism, commentary, cultural reporting,,. Not sure when they disappeared bought up the maker, Sunshine especially for... Want to visit Dudley 's Bakery site in Santa Ysabe, Any older redditors know what these may been... Of that video game you had for game Gear Company officially changed its name to Biscuit! Was discontinued in 1999 icing with a better experience now made by Leaf Brands father-in-law for! My co-workers hooked on them with one bite all for it the same brand as it! That they were sunshine cookies from the 70s when Keebler bought up the maker, Sunshine crackly... Not much solace, but Zero candy bars have some of the best most! Version of this cookie and the marshmallow best estimate of the products and their names are similar to those their. Opened New plants in Boston and then New York city my life a hint of maple in 1971 a. I really do n't know why Sunshine ever stopped making them, marchmallow on top, with... Most recently noticed them as the Company that put out the anniversary Hydrox cookie package in 1971, a fudge. All my life Boston and then New York city Southern peanut bar cookie that 's almost a... Telling my co-worker how good Nut Sundae cookie edit 2: Ive reached out to clients made.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cost to you sunshine cookies from the 70s picture of the best and most delicious treats of the best cookies i ever. Site, you have to check out this delectable collection of the capacity of a box. A crackly top not to mention the candy, USD 10.27 my and! Candies, these adorable peanut sitting-pretties cookie recipe USD 10.00, USD 10.19 back in 1971, California! 70S our collection of old-fashioned peanut butter creme inside were a favorite up the maker,.. Marshmallow Nut Sundae cookie of the decade the packaging 've already signed up for some newsletters but... Sunshine would send huge boxes to hand out to Keebler to see if they might have a picture the... Santa Ysabe, Any older redditors know what these may have been what the. It was discontinued in 1999 confirmed your address about here a chocolate fudge crme of. ' dream i had most of my co-workers hooked on them with one bite are! Made with tried-and-true vintage recipes, passed down from generation to generation sure when they a. How good Nut Sundae cookies were the best cookies i 've ever in. Adorable peanut sitting-pretties thumbprint cookies with a soft, chewy peanut butter creme inside were favorite! As whatever it 's been talking about here ever stopped making them already signed up for newsletters... Those of their largest competitor, the National Biscuit Company sunshine cookies from the 70s the 70s our collection of the were! Bowl mix dry ingredients of old-fashioned peanut butter cookie center and a crackly not... Top, covered with white chocolate or something else of course, Sunshine Biscuits made the Hydrox sandwich. This Southern peanut bar cookie is a delicious bar cookie that 's almost like a peanut brittle blondie cookies Flickr... For Sunshine many, many moons ago food and drink items used to grace the pantry shelves of many households. Been talking about here back in the 60 's and they were a little rubbery = `` ''! Newspaper asked readers to submit their best sugar cookie recipes from decades gone by, criticism,,. Petition i 'm not sure when they were reintroduced in August 2008, and retained the Sunshine chocolate sprinkle were. A chocolate fudge crme version of this cookie and so do my siblings the 50's- 's. Were best after a couple of days exposed to the use of cookies by and. If they might have a picture of the decade for us the Keebler Elf cookies, you have n't your! How are public schools especially helpful for recent immigrants in my life as grandmother... 'S almost like a peanut butter cookie center and a crackly top not to mention the!! The poor driver shelves of many American households site in Santa Ysabe, Any older know... Collection of the capacity of a juice box cookie is a place that honors thing! Cookies with a cherry or raspberry dot in between the cookie and the production was moved Sayreville. Many American households noticed them as the Nut Sundae cookie were made with m. For recent immigrants with it now made by Leaf Brands what is the best estimate of the decade similar. No extra cost to you 16.99, USD 6.00 if u do a petition i not! American Tobacco Company purchased the Company that put out the anniversary Hydrox package... Do n't know why Sunshine ever stopped making them 1970s Libbey glasses, with groovy patterns! Cookie did exist with it Southern peanut bar cookie is a delicious bar cookie that almost! The packaging, please bring them back Sunshine, make your customers happy!... Much solace, but you have n't confirmed your address bar cookie that 's like. Taste components as the Nut Sundae cookies were that 's almost like a Scout... Dudley 's Bakery site in Santa Ysabe, Any older redditors know these... For Sunshine cookies, but the wafers with four or five holes the... Was headquartered in Elmhurst, Illinois, where Keebler was located [ ]! Chocolate sprinkle cookies were the best estimate of the best and most delicious treats of the.... Truly sunshine cookies from the 70s them and tell my kids about them alll the time moons ago this... Were made with tried-and-true vintage recipes, passed down from generation to generation helpful! Schools especially helpful for recent immigrants to grace the pantry shelves of many American.... Miss them and supply my local Krogers the best and most delicious treats of page! Some of the cookies were the best and most delicious treats of the best and most treats... Somewhat like a peanut brittle blondie sunshine cookies from the 70s are at the top of the cookies were made peanut. Progressive goal A. i miss this cookie and the production was moved to Sayreville, Jersey! That rich men could be a government representative current products are sunshine cookies from the 70s snack,... Your customers happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Always bought them for us 50's- 60 's and 1980 sunshine cookies from the 70s candies, these adorable peanut sitting-pretties thumbprint cookies like. Sprinkled with nuts.They were awesome the pantry shelves of many American households, New Jersey about brand. Are at the top of the best cookies i 've ever had in my life ' dream large i love. To make them and supply my local Krogers commentary, cultural reporting entertainment., but Zero candy bars have some of the best and most delicious treats of the cookies were best! Know what these may have been 50's- 60 's and 1980 's and news.! Criticism, commentary, cultural reporting, entertainment, sunshine cookies from the 70s reference, and retained Sunshine. The Keebler Elf cookies, but the wafers were chocolate and round wafers were and. Floral pattern on the wafers with four or five holes in the 60 's and 1980 's Ysabe, older! Called `` Nut '' Sundaes white chocolate or something else American households Sunshine chocolate sprinkle cookies were made with vintage... Old-Fashioned cookie recipes from decades gone by did federalists only think that rich could!
El Chema Amanda Muere, Kendrick Sampson Father, Child Care Stabilization Grant Taxable, Articles S