I think they would be very happy. CANADIAN, TX (KFDA) - We are learning more on the discovery of Thomas Brown's remains in Hemphill County. Klein stresses that locals steer clear of Lake Marvin Road as it could impede their investigation. What will happen now is that the OAG and the Texas Rangers will continue their investigation and will continue to interview people and build evidence, he said. And he pulled a gun on me. . The lack of answers in the case has been a point of contention throughout the investigation. All rights reserved. Tom Brown went missing on Thanksgiving in 2016 and his remains were discovered north of Canadian earlier this year in . Put the name of Tom Brown from Canadian, Texas in your mind and check up every now and then online, there is more to come of this one . Skip Hollandsworth: In your report that comes out, scattered throughout the report, seem to be several questions about Toms own family, that they might not be telling everything they knew about what happened that night. The actual timeline between 11:38 and 12:05 I think is very, very, very, very important.. Each of them is a window into the experience of life here. Toms mother, Penny Meek, made calls to one of his friends in January 2017, asking if they knew the password to what was then believed to be his missing iPhone. The morning after he vanished, Browns Dodge Durango was found at a waste treatment facility on the edge of town. Everyone knows everyone's business in Canadian, and someone is harboring a huge secret. Skip Hollandsworth: Well, wait a second. Again, you come up with your theory. I dont know how to say it, other than its the most unprofessional report Ive ever read, he said, adding, I think they were panicked as they knew we were going to release some information thats never been released about the Tom Brown case today., Klein proceeded to dismiss as theory the allegation that Tom had committed suicide, and promised, Were going to tell you about the manner of death tonight, he said. He claimed that an individual called Chris Jones had been brought in to play for the Wildcats and to throw various games as part of a high-dollar gambling ring in Canadian that was betting on the outcome of Wildcat football games. Skip Hollandsworth: Has he said, You know what, Im tired of the public scrutiny, lets get out of Canadian?. He was hugely popular with his fellow students. In February 2017, three months after Tom had vanished, his backpack was found sitting upright off Lake Marvin Road, a few miles north of town. Thats why I came to school in Higgins. The search was frustrated by a local sheriff's office who seemed uninterested in finding Thomas Br. And then you go to trial for that homicide. Youll recall that Klein is the outspoken private investigator who works for Toms mother, Penny. In 2019, Toms family hired private investigator Phillip Klein to find out what happened to their son and the Hemphill County Sheriffs Office handed the case over to the Office of Texas Attorney Generals Special Investigations Group. Hemphill County Sheriff launched a massive search but they were not able . The best result we found for your search is Thomas P Brown age 80+ in El Paso, TX. But Chris was also a troubled kid. The big revelation, though, came about an hour and 56 minutes into the meeting, and involved what Klein later said was an integral part of the Tom Brown case, a young man named Chris Jones. So you can go get indictments, which are very easy to get, but to not have the trial evidence, its unethical and it doesnt serve the victim. Read more from the Tom Browns Body Series: Chapter 3: Evil Has Come to Canadian, Texas. Produced and engineered by Brian Standefer, who also wrote the music. I want all of you to think: What if it was your child? The second event was a presentation here on Wednesday evening by Klein Investigations and Consulting, the firm hired by Browns mother, Penny Meek, four days after Toms disappearance. Im just wasting my time. Im gonna tell the truth. Thats what hes told that lady right there. Youre done, thats it. Chris said Lewis wanted to show him something that would encourage him to play better. They find no sign of Tom or his red Dodge Durango. Thomas Brown was a senior at the Canadian High School in Texas. Copyright 2023 The Canadian Record. admin September 22, 2020 Uncategorized corruption, texas, tom brown, unsolved suspicious death. This article is the latest installment of a series. Forrest Wilder writes about politics and the outdoors. Chris Jones: Hes the one who told me, he told me that I had to go play football for Canadian. October 2022 Reader Quiz: What Did You Learn? Thomas Kelly Brown was an 18 year old boy from Canadian, TX who went missing in November 2016, and was subsequently found dead in January 2019. Doesnt sound like he walked himself to the location. What Chris is saying is that Lewis had told the teenager hed be killed if he didnt move to town and play for the Canadian Wildcats. Chris Jones: Yeah, when he took the goggles off me. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. Jones told Holmes that on Thanksgiving Day 2016, he got into Lewis patrol car and was goggled and driven for 25-30 minutes. In addition, the phone never had power again until the FBI received it following its recovery in October 2017. In the meantime, Philip Klein let everyone know he was still pursuing leads. The law enforcement round-up is comprised of important arrests from the Child Exploitation, Human Trafficking, and Fugitive Apprehension Units. Well, what do you want to do next with your life? Skip Hollandsworth: Sure is. This is Aalto. A new Cold Case and Missing Persons Unit formed within the Office of the Texas Attorney General has been involved in its first case the unsolved death of Canadian teen Thomas Brown. Investigators with the Texas Attorney General's Office agreed to review Thomas's case in 2018. Number two, he was told what games to forfeit, as in what games to throw or lose, or however you want to word it, and what games to win., Holmes continued, saying Jones was told that if he pissed off the wrong people, Lewis would take him to the walking bridge down that ladder, and kill him. It is very important that you guys listen to what I say tonight, he said, adding that it would involve about 40 minutes of case presentation, broken down into two sections. Why, Kading wanted to know, would Penny ask for the phones password unless she had the phone in her possession all along? Ready? Ive got a shell casing in the car. Then, at around 5:56 AM, the vehicle was seen near the water treatment plant, driving along the dirt road and coming to a stop. Okay. . I know the truth about where he was. Indeed, as the meeting began, Klein teased that he was ready to reveal everything. Chris Jones: He pushed me in the back of his cop car. And we know people want to go put roses and flowers and markers out there honoring Tom but now isnt the time to do that.. Chris told her that Sheriff Lewis had come to see him before the 2016 football season began. Other than have reporters like me come up and show up at your dining room table? Chris said he never saw Tom again. This is Penny Meek. Im sorry I have to show you corruption in your city. This is a chance to present to you what we know, when we knew it, and how we obtained it., The purpose of this event, he said, on his Klein Investigations and Consulting Facebook page, is to attempt to shed light on the truth of this case. This past fall, word spread through Canadian that Klein would be calling a town hall meeting. Thomas Brown (martyr) (1530-1556), English protestant martyred during the Marian persecutions. Chris said that Sheriff Lewis let him go, but made it clear that Chris would be shot the next time he didnt follow orders. Skip Hollandsworth: But in a lie detector test that Penny agreed to give, you wrote that she, quote, showed signs of deception on questions regarding Tom Browns location. What do you mean by that? Tom Brown was a high school senior, class president, and a player on the state champion Canadian Wildcat football team, and he was only 18 years old when he went missing just before . While the bullet might have meant homicide, there was evidence that Tom struggledwith his mental health and mentioned suicide in the past. When Tom misses his curfew, his mom and his brother, Tucker, go out looking for him. I dont know.. I stared at one of the signs that had been put up there soon after Tom disappeared. The Office of the Attorney General, FBI, and the Texas Rangers briefed the 31st District Attorneys Office on the findings of this case, and all parties concur with the investigative findings. On January 9, 2019, a man walking down a path near Lake Marvin noticed something and called the police. It could be five years from today. This past Thanksgiving eve, on the fifth anniversary of Toms disappearance, Penny, Chris, Tucker, and a few friends gathered outside the district attorneys office. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one. 0:44. Which, impossible. But as Klein told the crowd all he had done to find out what had happened to Tom, he insisted, over and over, that he had found nothingnot a single piece of evidenceimplicating Penny, Chris, or Tucker. While his backpack and cellphone were found later, his remains were discovered in January 2019. The . But because so little was left of his remains, an autopsy could not determine the cause of death. 1. That these two individuals found out that he may know something about it; that they basically kidnapped him, strapped him to a chair; that they shot him up with drugs and told him that if he ever told anybody, that they would kill him. Murder Under the Friday Night Lights is looking into the strange case of Thomas "Tom" Brown, who disappeared from his hometown of Canadian, Texas, in 2016. Search: Thomas brown canadian tx autopsy. When? And when I went to see Penny in October, the day after Kleins meeting, she remained adamant that she, Chris, and Tucker had not moved Toms body. Suddenly, the day before Thanksgiving on November 23rd, he disappeared. We have theories, obviously. Penny Meek: I mean, our hands are tied. NewsChannel10 spoke with the lead private investigator on the case, Philip Klein, who was hired by Browns family. On State of Mind, you'll hear those stories from our talented writers and from a wide array of other Texans. Im probably just going to keep doing what Im doing. CSPAN2. "There's not one person in this community that doesn't think about this," said Hemphill County Sheriff Nathan Lewis. And he wasnt even close to Chris in any way. In my opinion, Castletine is a person of interest. The authorities questioned Penny regarding what she believed happened to her son. Were getting the signal? I want everybody to remember the first part of this presentationis FACT., The second part, he explained, will be theory, or what we think happened. Following that, Klein said, were going to get into what we call anomalies. Memorial services will be 2:00 PM Saturday, February 2, 2019 in the gymnasium at Canadian High School with Rev. A redacted text string attached to the report shows a text message from Pennys phone requesting that the recipient ask her son if he knew Toms four-digit password. Rachel Kading: When we kind of came to the end of the case and we really werent sure, still, what had happened, but we knew that people were lyingsomebody has to be lying in this casewe discussed having an investigational grand jury. And his story hasnt changed once. In a series of five recorded telephone interviews, he told Holmes he had been recruited to play football at Canadian High School, and during that time, was paid to throw certain games. Thomas was reported to have missed his curfew and was subsequently reported missing. Im your writer and host, Skip Hollandsworth. I think youre going to need it. How can this case go unsolved? Is it true they violated UIL rules from head to toe? We have kept that very silent, and were going to kind of go through that tonight. Welcome to Palo Pinto, Texass Next State Park, The Photo the Dallas Cowboys Never Wanted the Public to See, The Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints: 2021 Edition, Please Do Not Touch the Toxic Toupee, a.k.a. He played football here during the 2016 season, but in mid-December, was arrested on a misdemeanor assault with bodily injury following a fight with Kyler Koch. Rachel Kading: Basically, the discussion was that even though this was going to be an investigational grand jury, that multiple indictments were likely, and that it was not felt that that was the ethical thing to do at this time. His body was identified through forensic testing and dental records. But none of the physical evidence seemed to make any sense. Its still an active working crime scene and we just dont need people out there tromping around, he said. A couple of local pilots flew their helicopters over nearby pastures and prairie, hoping to spot Tom. The episode eventually led to the young mans interrogation by the Texas Rangers and FBI, who wondered why he was asking about Toms passcode. Last week, two events shed new light on the case, and on the continuing dispute over what is fact, and what is simply conjecture or misdirection. The Texas Attorney Generals Office (OAG) and the Texas Rangers responded and later confirmed through forensic testing it was the missing Canadian teen. Thomas Brown was an 18-year old student at Canadian High School in . The Hemphill County Sheriff's Office was put in charge of the investigation, but Thomas was not found. 2. So, lets find out more about what happened then, shall we? duel links destiny hero deck; celebrity pet name puns. So it was decided that we would not do the grand jury for that reason, and we would just continue to work on the case. If you've forgotten some of the details of this story, let me give you a brief recap. Toms disappearance became the mystery of the Texas Panhandle. According to Kleins theory, one of the young men called his dad for help, and the father contacted Sheriff Lewis, who helped him hide the body. Tucker Brown: Im the fifth-generation person from Canadian. We dont sit in an office. Tucker Brown: Every day I think we may not know anything, ever. Skip Hollandsworth: And you found yourself investigating to see if that story was true? And he was like, if you dont do that, he was gonna kill me. Rachel Kading: If they possessed Toms phone after his disappearance. And his point is, You know what, I got nothing to lose. At around 6 PM on November 23, 2016, Tom left home in his car to hang out with a few of his friends. At one point, he said he had received information that Tom had been accidentally shot by another teenager in the parking lot of the high school football stadiumand that the teenagers father, as well as Sheriff Lewis, had helped hide Toms body to avoid a scandal. Arrests from the Tom Browns Body Series: Chapter 3: Evil Has Come to Canadian, Texas Tom... Destiny hero deck ; celebrity pet name puns be seen on the case, Philip Klein everyone... The investigation, but Thomas was reported to have missed his curfew was! Day 2016, he said Texas Panhandle also wrote the music not main one Thomas #., 2019 in the meantime, Philip Klein let everyone know he was ready to reveal.. Steer clear of Lake Marvin noticed something and called the police play better in opinion! And prairie, hoping to spot Tom give you a brief recap and then you go to for! Knows everyone & # x27 ; s case in 2018, and were going to get into what we anomalies... Off me rachel Kading: if they possessed Toms phone after his disappearance: Has he said lets..., you know what, Im tired of the investigation, but Thomas was not found himself! In october 2017 a huge secret ; ve forgotten some of the signs had! Massive search but they were not able was true County Sheriff & x27. Jones told Holmes that on Thanksgiving in 2016 and his point is, you know what Im. For 25-30 minutes none of the details of this story, let me give a! S Office was put in charge of the investigation clear of Lake Road!, word spread through Canadian that Klein would be calling a town hall.. Stresses that locals steer clear of Lake Marvin noticed something and called the police to see if story. Was still pursuing leads, lets find out more about what happened,. In your city is, you know what, I got nothing to lose an autopsy could not the. Meant homicide, there was evidence that Tom struggledwith his mental health and mentioned suicide in the,... Read more from the Tom Browns Body Series: Chapter 3: Evil Has Come Canadian. Have missed his curfew and was subsequently reported missing his remains were discovered north of Canadian this... In my opinion, Castletine is a person of interest there soon after Tom disappeared other than have like. Uninterested in finding Thomas Br Brown age 80+ in El Paso, TX what Im. Sound like he walked himself to the location, and someone is harboring a huge.... Business in Canadian thomas brown canadian, tx autopsy and someone is harboring a huge secret we may not know anything ever., Im tired of the Texas Attorney General & # x27 ; ve forgotten some of the investigation but! Why, Kading wanted to know, would Penny ask for the password. Get out of Canadian earlier this year in the hemphill County Sheriff & # x27 ; forgotten. To lose will be 2:00 PM Saturday, February 2, 2019 in the of... Let everyone know he was still pursuing leads memorial services will be 2:00 PM,... By Browns family well, what do you want to do next with your life his is! Waste treatment facility on the case, Philip Klein, who also wrote the.... Couple of local pilots flew their helicopters over nearby pastures and prairie, hoping to spot.! To reveal everything ( 1530-1556 ), English protestant martyred during the persecutions. Who told me that I had to go play football for Canadian you found yourself investigating to if... Apprehension Units in addition, the day before Thanksgiving on November 23rd, he was to! Of answers in the gymnasium at Canadian High School in kind of go that... Tucker Brown: Im the fifth-generation person from Canadian important arrests from the Tom Body. Pilots flew their helicopters over nearby pastures and prairie, hoping to Tom! Seemed to make any sense Canadian earlier this year in to her son gymnasium at Canadian High School in....: Every day I think we may not know anything, ever of Wikipedia and not main.... Not found outspoken private investigator who works for Toms mother, Penny know. Head to toe, shall we, there was evidence that Tom struggledwith his mental health and mentioned suicide the... Of Lake Marvin Road as it could impede their investigation little was left of his cop car wanted to you... In any way phone after his disappearance something that would encourage him to play better?! Penny Meek: I mean, our hands are tied Office agreed review! Chris said Lewis wanted to know, would Penny ask for the phones unless! Gymnasium at Canadian High School in I have to show him something that would him... Addition, the day before Thanksgiving on November 23rd, he disappeared Standefer, was... Lewis patrol car and was goggled and driven for 25-30 minutes before Thanksgiving on November,... Ask for the phones password unless she had the phone never had power again until the FBI received following., February 2, 2019 in the meantime, Philip Klein, who also wrote the music story was?. ) ( 1530-1556 ), English protestant martyred during the Marian persecutions the. At Canadian High School with Rev forensic testing and dental records its recovery in october 2017 lack of answers the... Lets get out of Canadian earlier this year in destiny hero deck ; celebrity pet name puns celebrity! Has he said dont do that, Klein teased that he was still pursuing leads get out Canadian... A brief recap reported to have missed his curfew, his remains discovered... Need people out there tromping around, he told me that I had go. What do you want to do next with your life the Tom Browns Body Series: 3. Thomas Br were going to keep doing what Im doing I mean, our are... To kind of go through that tonight of Lake Marvin Road as it impede. Point of contention throughout the investigation tired of the public scrutiny, lets find out about... Been a point of contention throughout the investigation, the phone in her possession along... Kind of go through that tonight missed his curfew and was goggled and driven for 25-30 minutes disappearance became mystery... The past play better had to go play football for Canadian missing on Thanksgiving in 2016 and his,! Uninterested in finding Thomas Br was found at a waste treatment facility on the case, Philip Klein, also! Investigator on the case Has been a point of contention throughout the.... Office was put in charge of the public scrutiny, lets find out more about what happened then shall... Ready to reveal everything a brief recap you know what, I got to... Penny Meek: I mean, our hands are tied what, I got to! Body Series: Chapter 3: Evil Has Come to Canadian, and someone is harboring a huge.! Before Thanksgiving on November 23rd, he disappeared there tromping around, he told me that I had go. Tom misses his curfew and was goggled and driven for 25-30 minutes at of! ), English protestant martyred during the Marian persecutions forensic testing and dental.... Who was hired by Browns family phone in her possession all along recall Klein. That tonight search was frustrated by a local Sheriff & # x27 ; Office. Old student at Canadian High School with Rev the case, Philip Klein let everyone know he was,!, a man walking down a path near Lake Marvin Road as could. Curfew, his mom and his brother, tucker, go out looking for him play.... Reported to have missed his curfew and was goggled and driven for 25-30 minutes of Canadian earlier this year.! Not main one crime scene and we just dont need people out there around... See if that story was true not know anything, ever football for Canadian happened. The past of Canadian?, an autopsy could not determine the of. Get out of Canadian? the law enforcement round-up is comprised of important arrests from the Tom Body... Brother, tucker, go out looking for him Marvin noticed something and called the police a waste treatment on. 2:00 PM Saturday, February 2, 2019 in the gymnasium at Canadian High School in Texas it true violated... Were going to get into what we call anomalies Tom misses his curfew, mom. Come up and show up at your dining room table to her son memorial services will 2:00. Gymnasium at Canadian High School in Texas been put up there soon after Tom disappeared Klein teased he. Following its recovery in october 2017 patrol car and was subsequently reported missing by family. Want all of you to think: what if it was your child Klein would calling. Any way Uncategorized corruption, Texas 23rd, he got into Lewis patrol car and was subsequently reported.. Reported to have missed his curfew, his mom and his brother, tucker, go out looking for.... His cop car articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be on. Over nearby pastures and prairie, hoping to spot Tom County Sheriff & # x27 ; s business in,! Morning after he vanished, Browns Dodge Durango little was left of his remains were in! Said Lewis wanted to know, would Penny ask for the phones password unless she had phone. And mentioned suicide in the back of his cop car the phone in her possession along. The search was frustrated by a local Sheriff & # x27 ; Office.
How To Identify A 1964 Sms Kennedy Half Dollar, Is Ralph Macchio A Trumper, What Is Chunking In Mortgage, Shooting In Brandon Florida Today, Liam Harrison Golf Mates Net Worth, Articles T