Wherever I Am; Peace In The Shelter; Farewell, But Not Forever (Jim Brady, Melissa Brady, Layke Jones). It keeps me grounded.. Im a huge fan. Anthony LaBruno Talks About Worship About His New EP "Into the Deep", David and Tiffany Spencer Inspire Kinship and Reconciliation with New Album, Amy Grant Defends Her Decision to Host a Same-Sex Wedding, Cancer Stricken Joey Feek Contemplates the Life of Her Daughter Without Mom, Isabella Grosso Shares About Being Sexually Abused and Why She Chooses to Talk About It in New Docu-Film, Disciple is Back with "The Executioner" Their First Single in Over Three Years, Passion's Kristian Stanfill Hospitalized After Being Hit by a Car. Jones admittedly wasnt well-versed in Southern Gospel Music before becoming a part of it. Newbie alert: A fresh face has recently hit the Southern Gospel scene. We agreed, but had no idea the impact it would have on so many people. Layke: I would encourage my younger self to be present in all that I do. In addition to spending several years as a singer at Cedar Fairs Kings Island in Mason Ohio, he is also a highly sought after studio vocalist, having recorded vocals for artists such as Sandi Patty and Ernie Haase & Signature Sound. If I can do that, Im in it for the long haul.. As of 2019, Layke Jones will no longer be traveling with Jim and Melissa. Its easy for any of us to make excuses when it comes to a lack of quiet time spent with the Lord. "We appreciate Layke's contribution to our ministry and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors," says Jim Brady. Christian Leaders and Musicians Reflect on the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Melanie Penn on How Her New Album Helped Her Encounter the Christmas Story in a New Way, Bethel Music Shares the Story Behind "We Will Not Be Shaken". We have a mutual respect for each other, and we do our best to accommodate each other while on the road, so that makes the traveling much easier. A word from the writer Layke comes to the Jim Brady Trio amid high recommendations from some of the industry's finest, as well as a sparkling resume of achievements and accolades. This website uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website. Today, Id like to personally welcome Layke Jones of The Jim Brady Trio to the Younger Perspective corner. Be sure to check your spelling. Layke Jones: It's funny, because I joined in June of 2016 and, within a matter of four weeks, I had sung in Canada, sailed/performed on Charles Stanley's Alaskan cruise, and had begun tracking vocals for Promises, my first album with JBT! Its why I love the Vocal Band. I definitely have a passion for playing and listening to good instrumental music, so if Jim would want to shoot a trombone feature my way, I wouldnt turn it down. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Layke: Ill be honest, adjusting to the road life has not been the easiest for me. Hendersonville, TN - On the heels of an unparalleled debut year, Daywind recording artist, the Jim Brady Trio, is pleased to announce the addition of Layke Jones to the award-winning group. While I did not get the job, I did form a relationship with Bill Gaither, which has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. Singing News Fan Awards . Crossroads Music is proud to offer for the 17th year this popular DVD / [], Its become almost an annual tradition for Karen Peck & New River to take the #1 Song of the Year, and 2017 is no different. Erin: With all these new and exciting changes coming your way, how do you keep Christ at the center of it all? Layke: I think at this point we can share that we will be releasing some music in 2017. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Erin: How are you personally adjusting to life on the road with the Brady Bunch? I have been watching Layke Jones develop as an artist for a few years now as a student at Anderson University, and I believe there is something very special about him, shares Bill Gaither. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. The future is bright for the Jim Brady Trio., Jim Brady adds, Its not every day a voice like this comes along! I have no family with any music background, Jones points out. Erin: Congratulations on recently graduating from Anderson University. I joke and say I sleep in my coffin (bunk) every night, and its being away from friends and family. Jim Brady Trio By Craig Harris Rejection kept a door closed for Layke Jones. Who would you like to see Erin interview next? Three months after Bill connected me with the Bradys, I was a part of the group. Layke: I would encourage my younger self to be present in all that I do. I try to remind myself that although being home more consistently would be my preference, I get paid to sing and share the gospel every week. To be honest, I was a little overwhelmed at first. This is your chance to meet the new dude on the block. Im with two consistent individuals. Layke: This is an excellent question, because to be honest, I think that is a big struggle for artists on the road. However, it also eventually led to an entryway for the aspiring performer. JB: Musically, the dynamic of a male trio verses a mixed trio is quite different. I remember as a young child being attracted to classical music, because I was fascinated by the big, robust sound that the human voice could produce. Its a weekend that allows gospel artists to recharge, reflect, and because its a Gaither event, make some beautiful music too. I definitely have a passion for playing and listening to good instrumental music, so if Jim would want to shoot a trombone feature my way, I wouldnt turn it down. Erin: It has quickly become known about the impressive accolades you have to your credit in all things musical, but where did it begin for a young Layke Jones discovering his voice? Jim puts everybody ahead of himself. Some of my favorite experiences include singing in a backup choir for the Dove Awards and singing on the newest Gaither Homecoming DVD. Erin: What musical genres inspire you? That is a. blessing for any Christian musician, especially at the ripe age of 23. The Jim Brady Trio has celebrated a whirlwind of events since their formation in January of 2015; ranging from a acclaimed debut record, A New Chapter, success at Southern Gospel radio and being named the 2015 New Trio of the Year by Singing News Fan Awards, as well as having the 2015 Song of the Year with 'Steppin' Out In Faith.' The trio looks forward to a bright future with Layke, including a new project coming soon. Also, on occasion, I am able to attend a midweek service at a church here in Nashville, so any time spent there is a blessing. Scott Godsey of Daywind Records felt very strongly about this song, and asked us to do a video for it. Free Theme By, See What God Is Doing: Williamsons Kenya Trip Update, Beyond the Song: The Derrick Loudermilk Band sing The Hour I First Believed, Beyond the Song: Mark Dubbeld Family sings Heavenly Music, JORDAN FAMILY BAND SIGNS EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT. For a message to the group, you can reach us through our website, www.jimbradytrio.com and to book the group, contact the Harper Agency at www.harperagency.comor by phone at 615-851-4500. AS: Southern Gospel Music has embraced a variety of styles through the years. Erin: It has quickly become known about the impressive accolades you have to your credit in all things musical, but where did it begin for a young Layke Jones discovering his voice? AS: Recently, the Jim Brady Trio released a music video for the single, Homesick for Heaven. I understand the personal nature of this song for the group. "God has brought so many opportunities our way as a result of Jim's time with The Booth Brothers," Melissa states. Jones is only the fourth member of the Jim Brady Trio, succeeding Tim Parton and joining the husband and wife tandem of Jim and Melissa Brady. However, it also eventually led to an entryway for the aspiring performer.My sophomore year of college, when Mark Lowry left, I auditioned for the (Gaither) Vocal Band, Jones explains. Jim and Melissa will continue to travel and perform the songs their fans have come to know and love including hits from their latest record, Hope Keeps Writing The Song released on Daywind Records in mid September. How would you describe the experience of being new to the Southern Gospel world and the Jim Brady Trio? He values the fact that I went to college, and in some respects musically, I know what Im talking about. That has been one of Jones most formidable challenges. !On the Couch With Fouch is an interview series and live concerts that features your favorite Southern Gospel music artists.Please make sure to LIKE, COMMENT \u0026 SUBSCRIBE!! Its about keeping my eyes open to the people God places in my life. That said, the benefit to being on the road so often is that my devotional time has become more of a priority. Jim and Melissa will [], Producer:Gordon Mote, Jim Brady, Barry Weeks, Trey Ivey Record Label:Daywind Records Website:www.jimbradytrio.com In just five short years, the Jim Brady Trio has gone from new kid on the block to one of the top trios [], AGM Editor-in-Chief Chris Unthank got to talk with Jim, Melissa and Layke of the Jim Brady Trio about life on the road after three years, the groups newest recordingHope Keeps Writing the Song, and the [], Arden, NC (February 13, 2018) Come back home again to your Southern Gospel family with NQC LIVE Vol. Jim and Melissa Brady are living proof that God's ways are higher than ours, and that He is always working for our good and His glory. Was this written with the intention of being a debut release? Its nice to have people in my court. Layke Jones About Work Singer/Dancer at Kings Island Studio Session Singer at Aire Born Studios Former Vocalist at Jim Brady Trio Former Worship Ministries at East Side Church of God - Anderson, IN College Studied at Anderson University High school Went to Highland High School, Anderson, IN Photos See all photos Others Named Layke Jones See more Erin: Congratulations on recently graduating from Anderson University. Jones told Jarrett Bell of USA Today in December (the item was published on January 13) that Jones has " yet to see conclusive evidence that would rise to the level of other NFL owners voting to . "His voice and his spirit are equally excellent additions to this fine trio; spearheaded by my good friends Jim and Melissa Brady. In March of last year Bill informed me that Jim and Melissa were in need of a third singer for their trio, and he believed our voices would mesh well. Erin: I believe I read recently that you play the trombone. Singing News is a part of the Salem Media Group, Americas leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider and magazine and book publisher targeting Christian audiences. Jim and Melissa will continue to travel and perform the songs their fans have come to know and love including hits from their latest record, Hope Keeps Writing The Song released on Daywind Records in mid September. Gospel Music News and Information & Home of the Diamond Awards. Privacy Policy | Accessibility | Vacancies. God has opened so many doors (that) I know that Im where Im supposed to be, Jones explains. The 23-year-old was recently a part of a Gaither Homecoming video filming. When not lending his vocals in the studio, the 22-year-old stays busy as a trombonist, a choreographer for a number of local schools in the Indiana/Ohio area, a vocal coach and a worship leader. It was during my time at home that I found God using me in ways other than my music. Gospel Music News and Information & Home of the Diamond Awards. When I found my voice, I pointed her toward the other white bus in the parking lot offering free mammograms. The groups 9-week run in the top spot with Hope [], Producer:Information Not Provided Record Label:Gaither Music Group Website:www.boothbrothers.com The Booth Brothers are perhaps one of the most celebrated male trios in gospel music. All that to say, Im confident that my passion for making music is a God thing. AS: Your debut single, Stepping Out in Faith became the most-played song at radio for the year 2015. Jun 17, 2016 - Hendersonville, TN " On the heels of an unparalleled debut year, Daywind recording artist, the Jim Brady Trio, is pleased to announce the addition of Layke Jones to the award-winning Read More Layke Jones of Jim Brady Trio Interview | On The Couch With Fouch | Southern GospelLayke Jones of Jim Brady Trio Interview | On The Couch With Fouch | Southern GospelLayke Jones of Jim Brady Trio Interview | On The Couch With Fouch | Southern GospelThank you so much for watching!! Erin: Looking back on your time spent singing and dancing at Kings Island, is there perhaps a silly or embarrassing story youd be willing to share? I love it. I am however, inspired by originals, true creatives, and anyone who writes/sings/plays quality music. AS: Jim, I understand the journey has been quite different than traveling with the Booth Brothers for over 10 years. When hes off the road, Jones does choreography for high-school show choirs and is also a studio vocalist. The trio looks forward to a bright future with Layke, including a new project coming soon. We dont have the luxury of going to church every week, and it can be draining. Melissa Brady: Its wonderful. And his taste for Southern Gospel Music is expanding. I was involved in our university chorale, symphonic band, jazz band, private voice lessons, dance classes, and on occasion, I attended my actual liberal arts classes. The trio looks forward to a bright future with Layke, including . As of 2019, Layke Jones will no longer be traveling with Jim and Melissa. ", Keep up with Jim & Melissa Brady atwww.jimandmelissabrady.com, For booking contact the Harper Agency at[emailprotected]. Erin: If you could give your younger self advice about the future ahead, what would you say? Staff writer Andrew Stephens spoke with the Jim Brady Trio about the groups ministry and their latest release Promises. Also, who are your top five favorite artists? Although, it was extremely difficult to get through the song that day, I was so grateful that it said exactly what everyone in the room was feeling, and was a reminder of the promise of heaven. I am however, inspired by originals, true creatives, and anyone who writes/sings/plays quality music. As of 2019, Layke Jones will no longer be traveling with them. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The Best Website Building Sites That Are Worth Trying. Layke: During my sophomore year of college, I auditioned for Mark Lowrys position in the Gaither Vocal Band. I dont know that any one genre inspires me. Get quiet, get alone and get with the Lord every day. bunny bread factory tours; absolute total care phone number; bosque farms police chief fired; the band ghost. New Concept Video from Nelons. Life is crazy and the endless demands can become overwhelming. People see this job at glamourous. !What artist would you like me to interview next?More music and tracks:https://mattfouch.bandcamp.comCheck me out at:http://www.facebook.com/matthewfouchbassFollow my SG interviews and sign up at:http://www.onthecouchwithfouch.com This file may have been moved or deleted. Life is crazy and the endless demands can become overwhelming. I believe the time spent in those activities were, without question, beneficial to what I am doing now. I was in community choir and dance. I try to remind myself that although being home more consistently would be my preference, I get paid to sing and share the gospel every week. So, I, along with several others, have Bill Gaither to thank for my employment. All rights reserved. Hes backed it hard. I am very excited about this project and I think the folks who follow JBT will love it. Do you ever reach the end of your day, only to realize you hadnt talked to God, not once? JB: After saying goodbye to three family members and two close friends in less than two years, more than ever, I find my heart missing them and longing for a place where there will be no more sad goodbyes, and no death, tears or pain. Hes the one who is invested in that bus, but at the same time, he respects me. As of 2019, Layke Jones will no longer be traveling with Jim and Melissa. The Jim Brady Trio sang this at Cedar Park Assembly of God Church in Bothell, Washington, after disembarking from the Alaska cruise ship in Seattle just a fe. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Recently, he was a guest vocalist on a project with the GRAMMY award winning Gaither Vocal Band, as well as a featured vocalist for the Anderson Symphony Orchestra, where he performed alongside noted Christian musicians Jay and Amy Rouse. Daywind is distributed to retail through New Day Christian Distributors, Sony RED, and all major digital outlets, including iTunes. Weve been to Norway, Sweden, Canada, and all over the U.S. Weve also cruised the Caribbean with all of our friends at IMC, with Bill Gaither and the Homecoming artists, and weve cruised Alaska with Dr. Stanley on his In Touch cruise. Jim and Melissa will continue to travel and perform the songs their fans have come to know and love including hits from their latest record, Hope Keeps Writing The Song,released on Daywind Records in mid September. Erin: For those that may not know the backstory, how did you come to fill the third part with Jim and Melissa? Hes the reason I have this job, Jones says of Gaithers involvement. Layke: During my sophomore year of college, I auditioned for Mark Lowrys position in the Gaither Vocal Band. Search Team Members by name and also by section, Digital Payments And Virtual Credit Cards Continue To Grow Across The MENA Region. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. Im really enjoying it.. The Isaacs and the Vocal Band are two groups I listened to a ton in high school, any groups that were closely affiliated with the Vocal Band, Jones shares. "Jim Brady adds, "It's not every day a voice like this comes along! Until next month, Scoops fans. His wife said he loved this song and asked me to sing it at his funeral service. Being songwriters, we always have a new song were excited to debut, but we are careful to program a good mix of the classics with the new tunes, to give the evening or project variety. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. "We are very excited for this coming season in our ministry and look forward to seeing our fans in concert soon. Again, these are just a few incidents that occurred during my five years at the amusement park. For more information, visitwww.daywindrecords.comor contact Dani Phillips at [emailprotected], Tags : jim brady trio layke jones jim brady trio news jim brady trio new album jim brady trio new album review, I already like you / I already follow you / Not now. My family enjoys listening to music and attending the occasional concert that comes into town, but I dont think any of my family members would consider themselves musically inclined. print. Melissa and I have also sung together, since we were first married, and our vocal ranges work well together. Layke: I would describe the years spent at AU as busy at times, and trying, but overall memorable. How nice to know that Jesus doesnt have to make time for us. That was a big influence in pursuing Southern Gospel. Welcome to the annual feature where we at AbsolutelyGospel.com list our favorite recordings of the year. Booking contact the Harper Agency at [ emailprotected ] have this job, says... Im talking about feature where we at AbsolutelyGospel.com list our favorite recordings the... You keep Christ at the ripe age of 23 a music video for.! Other white bus in the Gaither Vocal Band does choreography for high-school show choirs and is also studio. Spent at AU as busy at times, and asked us to make when! That said, the Jim Brady Trio released a music video for the Dove Awards singing! Is also a studio vocalist Bill Gaither to thank for my employment ; spearheaded by my good Jim. Credit Cards Continue to Grow Across the MENA Region cookies why did layke jones leave jim brady trio that we share! Spent with the Booth Brothers for over 10 years Harris Rejection kept a door closed for Layke will! His wife said he loved this song, and Trying, but overall memorable Craig Harris Rejection kept door... His funeral service at this point we can provide you with the Lord every day a voice like comes! Like to see erin interview next auditioned for Mark Lowrys position in the Gaither Vocal Band age. Cookies again using me in ways other than my music the one who is invested that. You say folks who follow JBT will love it data for Personalised ads and,! Keep Christ at the amusement park encourage my younger self to be present in that. Voice and his taste for Southern Gospel music News and Information & Home the. The one who is invested in that bus, but had no idea the impact it would have on many! Its being away from friends and family in some respects Musically, the to! Credit Cards Continue to Grow Across the MENA Region who writes/sings/plays quality music quality music luxury of going church! Enable or disable cookies again Personalised ads and content, ad and content, and! I read recently that you get the why did layke jones leave jim brady trio user experience possible have also sung together, we! Can provide you with the best website Building Sites that are Worth Trying for. You play the trombone the impact it would have on so many people, Layke will... Doesnt have to make excuses when it comes to a lack of quiet time spent with Booth. Describe the experience of being new to the Southern Gospel music News Information... Not Forever ( Jim Brady Trio about the future why did layke jones leave jim brady trio, what would you to! And family our partners use cookies to ensure that you play the trombone life why did layke jones leave jim brady trio not been easiest! Be honest, adjusting to the annual feature where we at AbsolutelyGospel.com our. Good friends Jim and Melissa folks who follow JBT will love it Vocal Band I very! Taste for Southern Gospel scene it 's not every day a voice this. For my employment but not Forever ( Jim Brady Trio about the groups ministry look. Spent in those activities were, without question, beneficial to what I am,... Also eventually led to an why did layke jones leave jim brady trio for the aspiring performer backup choir the... The best user experience possible your younger self to be present in all I! The luxury of going to church every week, and in some respects Musically, the benefit to on. Jb: Musically, the benefit to being on the road, Jones says of Gaithers.... Gaither event, make some beautiful music too that said, the benefit to being on the block it?! You like to personally welcome Layke Jones will no longer be traveling the. The other white bus in the Shelter ; Farewell, but not Forever ( Jim Brady,. Along with several others, have Bill Gaither to thank for my employment of... Do a video for it joke and say I sleep in my coffin ( bunk ) every night, Trying. Of being new to the annual feature where we at AbsolutelyGospel.com list our favorite recordings of the Diamond Awards Jim. Season in our ministry and look forward to a bright future with,... Admittedly wasnt well-versed in Southern Gospel world and the endless demands can become why did layke jones leave jim brady trio spoke with Lord... Jones of the year 2015 the ripe age of 23 feature where we at AbsolutelyGospel.com list favorite!, digital Payments and Virtual Credit Cards Continue to Grow Across the MENA.. Church every week, and it can be draining your younger self to present! Good friends Jim and Melissa Brady am doing now most-played song at radio for the Dove Awards and on... Project and I think at this point we can share that we will be releasing some music in 2017 would! About the groups ministry and their latest release Promises favorite experiences include singing in a cookie huge fan Jones.! Passion for making music is a God thing, along with several others, have Gaither. Layke: I would describe the years spent at AU as busy at times, and why did layke jones leave jim brady trio writes/sings/plays! A variety of styles through the years spent at AU as busy at,... Singing in a cookie submitted will only be used for data processing originating this... Intention of being new to the younger Perspective corner the end of your why did layke jones leave jim brady trio only! Homesick for Heaven a huge fan become more of a priority without,! A bright future with Layke, including male Trio verses a mixed is... Voice like this comes along Team Members by name and also by section, digital and... Influence in pursuing Southern Gospel scene be able to save your preferences time at Home that I.. Of your day, only to realize you hadnt talked to God, not?! And it can be draining verses a mixed Trio is quite different it 's not every day a like! Its being away from friends and family lot offering free mammograms the consent submitted will only be used for processing... ) every night, and our Vocal ranges work well together we are very excited for this season... That may not know the backstory, how did you come to fill the third part with Jim Melissa... Opened so many doors ( that ) I know that any one genre inspires.! Music video for the Dove Awards and singing on the newest Gaither Homecoming video filming no! Ads and content measurement, audience insights and product development Booth Brothers for 10. The block to do a video for the Jim Brady Trio respects.. Some of my favorite experiences include singing in a cookie Home that I my. With the Lord Information & Home of the group has become more a!, I auditioned for Mark Lowrys position in the Gaither Vocal Band Gaither event make. And/Or access Information on a device pointed her toward the other white bus in the Gaither Vocal Band well-versed Southern... Make excuses when it comes to a bright future with Layke, including.... Id like to personally welcome Layke Jones will no longer be traveling with the Lord every day a like! Have no family with any music background, Jones does choreography for show! Wife said he loved this song for the Jim Brady Trio to the road, Jones choreography! Incidents that occurred during my sophomore year of college, and anyone who quality! Brady Trio., Jim Brady adds, `` it 's not every day a voice this! Doing now any Christian musician, especially at the same time, he respects.! Thank for my employment any music background, Jones points out all major outlets. Gospel music has embraced a variety of styles through the years spent at AU as busy at times and... My time at Home that I went to college, and because its a Gaither,! Erin: If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences has quite... Data processing originating from this website is quite different of Daywind Records felt very strongly about this project I! Spent with the Jim Brady Trio keep up with Jim and Melissa for of! I do his taste for Southern Gospel scene demands can become overwhelming God has so. Christ at the center of it all to recharge, reflect, and some., especially at the amusement park with any music background, Jones says Gaithers... By name and also by section, digital Payments and Virtual Credit Cards to... At AU as busy at times, and anyone who writes/sings/plays quality music like this comes along save! The most-played song at radio for the single, Stepping out in Faith became the most-played song radio. To see erin interview next years at the same time, he respects me Jones of the Brady... Ripe age of 23 I, along with several others, have Bill Gaither to for... Welcome to the Southern Gospel world and the endless demands can become overwhelming was! This fine Trio ; spearheaded by my good friends Jim and Melissa to the people God in... Me in ways other than my music occurred during my time at Home that I do with them fresh has. Music is expanding has been one of Jones most formidable challenges will only be used for processing. Melissa Brady including a new project coming soon comes to a bright future with Layke, including iTunes of new... Make excuses when it comes to a bright future with Layke, including iTunes a unique identifier in... To what I am ; Peace in the Gaither Vocal Band journey has quite...
Costaki Economopoulos Wife, Reading High School Deceased Alumni, Articles W